The Ultimate Pattaya Döner And Gyros Guide

raro

There's a big kebab place on Walking Street called Istanbul. At least I hope it's still there.

It's a doner kebab place. None of your healthy, good food. It's the mystery meat, elephant leg thing.

That's what I love.

Are there any other places in Pattaya doing that sort of thing please anyone? By the way, I mean NOT like the type in a previous post on this page: post-72597-0-52319500-1414762811.jpg

That's good too but it's not what I'm asking about.

Thanks.

EDIT: This is what I'm looking for:

523550_20428629.jpg

Edited by Rasun

I doubt that you`ll find anywhere in Thailand a Döner made of ground beef. It is not easy to make such a Döner and in the past even in Germany and Switzerland with tight quality and hygiene controls the industry had scandals regarding the meat quality.The whole production process must be very clean and ice cold.

It's lamb though, doner, isn't it. Anyway, they have it at the big place I mentioned on Walking Street. Istanbul it's called. Delicious.

I am just wondering if there are any other doner kebab places in town?

Edited by Rasun

There's a big kebab place on Walking Street called Istanbul. At least I hope it's still there.

It's a doner kebab place. None of your healthy, good food. It's the mystery meat, elephant leg thing.

That's what I love.

Are there any other places in Pattaya doing that sort of thing please anyone? By the way, I mean NOT like the type in a previous post on this page: post-72597-0-52319500-1414762811.jpg

That's good too but it's not what I'm asking about.

Thanks.

EDIT: This is what I'm looking for:

523550_20428629.jpg

Yeah, Rasun.......me too. I have been looking for a simple gyros with real Greek bread for years. As far as I know, nobody makes it. What is being offered is crap in comparison to the real thing. Here is an actual gyros w/ real Greek bread (the pic you posted above is what I am used to.....not in Thailand):

post-110622-0-75611700-1424834872_thumb.

• Like 1

Someone here does make the lamb elephant leg thing that you're talking about and 2 places I know of selling lamb doners made from it are The Punch & Judy on Soi 17 and Nick the Pizza. Free delivery with Nick the Pizza so if this thread has got your mouth watering for one of these you could be eating one 30 mins after reading this without having to leave the comfort of your bed/chair/hammock/whatever... (There are some things I love about this town...)

They're not cheap mind - over 200 Baht at both places.

The other kebab I like is from the shop a few doors down from the entrance to Tops car park at the Beach Road end of Pattaya Klang. Not sure if it's already been discussed on this thread - it may be called Kebab King, or Doner King... something like that. Anyway, their beef kebab with garlic and spicy sauce (optional) hits the spot. Available either rolled up in flat bread or else with that other bread shown in some pics people have posted. Eat in or take away - 90 Baht.

• Like 2

Someone here does make the lamb elephant leg thing that you're talking about and 2 places I know of selling lamb doners made from it are The Punch & Judy on Soi 17 and Nick the Pizza. Free delivery with Nick the Pizza so if this thread has got your mouth watering for one of these you could be eating one 30 mins after reading this without having to leave the comfort of your bed/chair/hammock/whatever... (There are some things I love about this town...)

The other kebab I like is from the shop a few doors down from the entrance to Tops car park at the Beach Road end of Pattaya Klang. Not sure if it's already been discussed on this thread - it may be called Kebab King, or Doner King... something like that. Anyway, their beef kebab with garlic and spicy sauce (optional) hits the spot. Available either rolled up in flat bread or else with that other bread shown in some pics people have posted. Eat in or take away - 90 Baht.

Yes Doner King

Eaten from there many times, beef kebab with garlic sauce.

Only once had one somewhat sub par, was close to closing though and didn`t put me off.

Usually above average.

Closes 12.30 AM

Yes Doner King

Eaten from there many times, beef kebab with garlic sauce.

Only once had one somewhat sub par, was close to closing though and didn`t put me off.

Usually above average.

Closes 12.30 AM

Doner King. Quite delicious. But their hygienic standards are very low. That's why they lost me as a customer.

This is for darkside people.

On soi nern plub wan, go down the soi which has a family mart on it and is also opposite a 7-11 (think there is only 1 soi like this)

There is a women who is open until after midnight sometimes, she has a big fluorescent pole to show she is open... good size bab with galric, thousand island and a couple of others.

My mate says its better to ask for it in a box... not sure why, maybe you get more I think he said... anyway, its a good'n especially for the darkside.