New Visa Rules/regs

On my last visit to Mae Sai to get a 14 day stamp I was informed by the immigration officer when returning to the Thai side, that I would not be able to continue to do this every 2 weeks due to new regulations starting in 2013. Does anybody know what these new regulations are?

I have made quite a few trips to Mae Sai since October when my tourist visa expired, which brings me to my next question......

In May this year I went to Vientiane and got a tourist visa with double entry, so essentially 6 months. Can I go and do that again? I have heard conflicting stories but many saying that you can only do this once - any ideas?

I am on a UK passport and in my 30s, staying in CM

All help appreciated

I had three tourist visas in a row (first one from Canada followed by two from Vientiane) and now have an ED visa from Vientiane. I talked to a guy on the mini-bus who had just obtained his 4th TV same day I was there,he showed them to me in his passport. Another guy had a non-B then two TVs, the third one he got the day I was there had the infamous red stamp warning that he may not be allowed another one (I forget the exact wording).

does anyone know , when going for a second tourist 60 day visa if air travel documents are always necessary? I am UK citizen aged 67.Got the first one in Europe and it expires end of Feb. So which is the best embassy to go to-Penang-Phnom penh or Vientane?

does anyone know , when going for a second tourist 60 day visa if air travel documents are always necessary? I am UK citizen aged 67.Got the first one in Europe and it expires end of Feb. So which is the best embassy to go to-Penang-Phnom penh or Vientane?

Vientianne, no flight tickets requested till now.

In Vientiane you could probably get a single non immigrant O visa since you are over 50 that would give you a 90 day entry.

Cost would be 2000 baht but that is 900 baht cheaper than getting a tourist visa and extending it at immigration.

---------

Curently the hottest flavour of the month is Savannaket in Laos.

Pnenom Penh is taking 4 days to process a visa, so you should expect a 4 day hotel stay there.

Vientianne is better, but you will run into resistance from them if you are on your 3rd or 4th back-to-back tourist visa ... it's likely tp be hard to get more than 3 visas back-to-back.

Penang is no longer friendly ... not sure how many back-to-back visas they will allow. Some people say they will even warn you you'll get only one visa from them. no more.

But these are only guidelines, there is no such thing as hard and fast rules.