1 Year Ago Tonight, I Nearly Burned The Village Down.

krisb

Interesting story but I ask myself "why did you wait one year before telling your story". rolleyes.gif

I too enjoyed the story smile.png

I guess some people enjoy' thread screwing' more than others. whistling.gif

It's a great story, and I am looking forward to next year's version, with all the embellishments that retelling can offer. A story like that should be nurtured with constant re-telling

SC

Reminds me of a New Years eve in a remote town in PNG which involved black powder, an old cannon, some coconuts and the only transformer in the town; which had until then been mounted on a power pole. Could not have hit it again if we tried!

• Like 2

Just told the wife about your post....she is still laughing.

Also she then informed me to go weld up a good stand to hold the "Crackers" tonight......Thanks mate!!!!!sad.png

Yes mate, Ive seen your community area, that looks a safe distance. The stand needs to be firmly planted in the ground, I cant stress the word "firmly" enough Weegee and make sure they are tied with rope to keep them "up-right". Those 6 inch mortars, like the 1 that started my fire, need to be firmly buried, repeat "firmly buried" in the ground well deep to allow for the back pressure and propulsion to take place, without this, altitude doesnt take effect. Keep any youngens way way back. Dont get complacent with them as they can ruin a good night quickly. Refer to the Hobbit video as posted by Thommo.

ps, least you got a nice clean area now for your stage!...Happy new year!smile.png

Fireworks safety video.

If you cant plant it firmly in the ground, just stand it up in the middle of the street, but do try to make sure it is the right way up

Gee somethings never change. All good in the lakhorn that is Pattaya. See now he thought it was just harmless fun until the last 1. Could have had every mama san out for his blood.

Falang ruu marc.

Edited by krisb

Top story Krisb..stick to BBQ's in future , it's what Aussies do best.

Happy New Year to you.

BBQ's are what Kiwi's do best.

For Aussies its

"G'day mate, mate come have a barbie, mate, cozzies for at at the pooool, mate, bring some tinnies mate and some plonk mate, have a cool Esky here mate, and we'll hit the p!ss mate , mate and some snags and muddies mate. Oh bonza mate."

May all you Aussies whether in Thailand or in Oz have an enjoyable New Year. You are the best neighbors and mates that anyone could wish for.

Top story Krisb..stick to BBQ's in future , it's what Aussies do best.

Happy New Year to you.

BBQ's are what Kiwi's do best.

For Aussies its

"G'day mate, mate come have a barbie, mate, cozzies for at at the pooool, mate, bring some tinnies mate and some plonk mate, have a cool Esky here mate, and we'll hit the p!ss mate , mate and some snags and muddies mate. Oh bonza mate."

May all you Aussies whether in Thailand or in Oz have an enjoyable New Year. You are the best neighbors and mates that anyone could wish for.

You to mate, hope it was choice as brobiggrin.png

Hey Roadman, I beg to differ.......what Kiwi's do best is a hungie (not sure of spelling) but for the rest it is digging a hole in the ground filling it with heaps of food, then covering with hot coals and dirt, then waiting for hours on end, and what does one do while waiting????? drink of course.

So by the time the food is cooked, everyone is happy and the food really does taste great......that's what Kiwi's do best.

Have a good one my friend.