Nimmanhemin Road Bonkers Decision!

PostmanPat

From a thai source the Shin family has been buying land east of the city in anticipation of the airport being moved

That's been rumoured for years. Perhaps in 20 + years there will be a need to build a new Airport, CNX isn't all that busy and noise isn't a problem.

CNX isn't all that busy and noise isn't a problem.

I beg to differ. I currently stay directly under the flight path of those jets. They are incredibly loud upon take off and fly so low over our building that it rattles our windows. Not to mention when the military does exercises with their jets and low flying helicopters flying about, it's a lot of noise if they are directly overhead.

As soon as our lease is up we're out of here (to another area of CM) and I will never, ever live under the take off path of jets again. It's been a long year. Not to mention the black dust residue that I believe is jet fuel that covers everything. Never lived anywhere else in the world where I've seen this gunk and I'm 100% sure it is not healthy to breathe. Looking forward to the move and a quieter (and cleaner) place.

I beg to differ. I currently stay directly under the flight path of those jets. They are incredibly loud upon take off and fly so low over our building that it rattles our windows. Not to mention when the military does exercises with their jets and low flying helicopters flying about, it's a lot of noise if they are directly overhead.

As soon as our lease is up we're out of here (to another area of CM) and I will never, ever live under the take off path of jets again. It's been a long year. Not to mention the black dust residue that I believe is jet fuel that covers everything. Never lived anywhere else in the world where I've seen this gunk and I'm 100% sure it is not healthy to breathe. Looking forward to the move and a quieter (and cleaner) place.

You're allowed to have a differing opinion blink.png and I too would hate to live in your building if so close to the flight path... BTW which buiding is that? Somewhere around Suthep Rd/Super H-way I'd imagine.

We lived 550m east from the northern end of CNX runway for 4 months, not under the flight path, + 550 metres offset. No problem with noise at SD Condo, Suan Dok Road.

Now live 3.3km south of CNX and enjoy seeing the air traffic, again no bothersome noise apart from one 7.05am departure which we use in lieu of alarm clock.

You need to see the Aussie movie "The Castle", it will help put the advantages of living near an airport into perpective, you will probably then decide to purchase right on the end of the runway.

• Like 1

I wonder if Wing 41 could be shifted to the western side of the runway,

Wing 41 should be relocated out of town and the land used for improved transportation and airport expansion. There is no need to build a new commercial airport far from the city out in Sankampeng or Sanpatong: the current airport is not yet near capacity; the international lounge is a ghost town most of the time; and there is room to double the domestic terminal before even touching RTAF grounds. And those who were foolish enough to purchase or rent property under the long existing flight paths have no sympathy from me. Glad to see I am not the only member here who remembers when all the land south of the runway was padi land. They need to build a tunnel under Nimman that comes up at what is now the north gate to the airbase that connects back up to the inner ring road at the airport.

• Like 1

at least they are trying to DO something! and something has to be done - we all complain when they do NOTHING but they are trying - they should also move the telephone boxes and other crap off the sidewalks

Edited by binjalin

We complain about traffic in CM now......just wait until all the '1st time car owners' finally get their cars and get on the road and then the other traffic threat is when all the new moo baans get filled up with BKK suburbanites. My prediction is that traffic will double over the next 2 years.