webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Post No: 27

The cheques are what they are receiving & the balances are increasing. The problem is that they are being told to 'forget' about the corruption by PTP and concentrate on the Democrats. It's a two-pronged witch hunt - Abhisit to suppress his opposition to a Thaksin amnesty & Sukhumband just before the Bangkok election. They are actually probing alleged corruption within the Democrats rice scheme, which is just another wrong target from a supposedly independent body

Calm down, they're just having a change after a couple of years, let us see what turns up.......remember the crap, insulting remarks and investigation Yingluck endured regarding a meeting, summoned to 'explain' herself? She met this with dignity....Save your bleeding heart comments

Edited by 473geo

Calm down, they're just having a change after a couple of years, let us see what turns up.......remember the crap, insulting remarks and investigation Yingluck endured regarding a meeting, summoned to 'explain' herself? She met this with dignity....Save your bleeding heart comments

Dignity? It's getting really off topic now. Dignity? You mean as in 'Yingluck said she simply met some people at the hotel without having any meeting.' or or as in "The meeting was later confirmed by Deputy Prime Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong, who is also the finance minister. He acknowledged that he was also at the meeting on the seventh floor of Four Seasons with a group of real-estate businessmen, including Srettha." Or dignity as in ""I am ready to cooperate, but I need to find out if I will be busy," she said, adding that the meeting was a "normal exchange of views", without any conflict of interest."

• Like 1

^^

The cheques are what they are receiving & the balances are increasing. The problem is that they are being told to 'forget' about the corruption by PTP and concentrate on the Democrats. It's a two-pronged witch hunt - Abhisit to suppress his opposition to a Thaksin amnesty & Sukhumband just before the Bangkok election. They are actually probing alleged corruption within the Democrats rice scheme, which is just another wrong target from a supposedly independent body

Calm down yourself &, please lay off the inane personal stuff. I remember the crap about the meeting and, yes, the was far to much sexual innuendo which I did not partake in. However, she tried to lie her way out of what was a meeting with selected business leaders which she tried to keep secret. Dignity is not good enough to cover lies.

• Like 2

^^

Calm down yourself &, please lay off the inane personal stuff. I remember the crap about the meeting and, yes, the was far to much sexual innuendo which I did not partake in. However, she tried to lie her way out of what was a meeting with selected business leaders which she tried to keep secret. Dignity is not good enough to cover lies.

See response to Rubl above

Let's hope all this nonsense will not lead to further delays in the extension of Bangkok's Mass Transit Systems. We had some delay before with a Thai Rak Thai PM playing games

"In 2002, cabinet of then Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra amended a law in order to allow a private firm to finance the cost of operating the train system, while the government would take care of all the civil engineering work. On 18 October 2005, with no approval from the central government forthcoming, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) decided to complete the 2.2 km Silom Line route extension (Krung Thonburi Station and Wongwian Yai Station) using its own budget. Construction began on 13 December 2005 with completion originally expected within a year, but problems with tendering for the signalling system repeatedly pushed back the schedule, with the extension finally opening on 15 May 2009. However, Saphan Taksin Station (originally designed to be only a temporary station), and the river crossing itself, has only one track, which has caused repeated delays during rush hour."

http://en.wikipedia....ki/BTS_Skytrain

Another waste of space. When are you going to add something to the thread?

Actually you are wasting even more space without adding one jot to the thread. If you read all the posts, Rubi has contributed around 5 times yours in number of posts & about 50 times in content.

The history of Thaksin's attempts to prevent the BMA adding to the BTS is quite relevant to this thread. The DSI, a supposedly independent body, is just being used as another barrel of Thaksin's shotgun.

Didn't anybody teach you the difference between quality and quantity? Obviously not. Have you read up any more on the constitution so that you are in a position to apologise to me? I doubt it.

Apologise? for what? If you learned the difference between making totally inane one-line comments and posting something worthwhile, you wouldn't be wasting your own & others' time.

• Like 1

It's closed Rubl.....Yingluck exonerated......you are just trying to stir the crap,insulting remarks mentioned above

I really thought you were better than muck raking......perhaps I was wrong....

She never actually explained what the meeting was about did she?

I take it you are aware that the BMA asked the DSI to delay the investigation while its financial services arm, Krungthep Thanakom Co (KT) "arranged" its paperwork. Probably trying to justify the 60 million baht a year (for 30 years) that the BMA are paying KT for their services. A great deal arranged for KT. I'm sure abhisits uncle, who is the Chairman of KT is pleased with that deal.

More innuendo. I don't know what Abhisit has to do with the BMA - apart from the Dem connection, which is what this is all about. I'm sure that it didn't take 8 months to arrange any paperwork or decide who must be 'consulted'. Even if I accept your opinion, which I don't, 60 million is peanuts in the overall amount that the DSI are supposed to be investigating & the amounts that they should be investigating in the rice scam.

Can't finish - football time.

• Like 1

I am interested in the outcome of the current enquiry involving the BMA.....would you care to discuss the topic further

Yes. OT.

On Topic ... It seems pretty clear to me. The DSI are charging the BMA based on a 1958 law that they need ministry approval, but there is a more recent law that says that they don't need ministry approval.

I am interested in the outcome of the current enquiry involving the BMA.....would you care to discuss the topic further

Yes. OT.

On Topic ... It seems pretty clear to me. The DSI are charging the BMA based on a 1958 law that they need ministry approval, but there is a more recent law that says that they don't need ministry approval.

I'm pleased it is clear to you, for me I will await the result of the investigation, without speculation, don't know what all the fuss is about.......

I wonder if it was renewed on a planned renewal date, or moved forward for some innocent reason, like saving on current expenditure

I'm pleased it is clear to you, for me I will await the result of the investigation, without speculation, don't know what all the fuss is about.......

I wonder if it was renewed on a planned renewal date, or moved forward for some innocent reason, like saving on current expenditure

There was a new section so they needed to make a deal on that. They ended up with a fairly standard 30 year "concession" (or whatever you call it). Then they extended the deal on the existing line to end at the same time.

What is the issue here guys? just the operation of 'checks and balances' some find so attractive and wish to have the judiciary continue to implement

The problem is that the DSI has changed to "cheques and balances" under k. Tarit.

Any evidence to support your allegation of criminality on the part of the DSI and K.Tarit ???

Thought not.......................

From one of the links I provided previously

"She explained that the 23kilometre main routes, Sukhumvit and Silom lines, were a joint venture. After the 30year contract ends in 2029, the assets become the BMA’s assets. The contract was only for extended sections of the main routes. The BMA was the sole investor for the extended parts of the routes such as TaksinWong Wian Yai. Therefore, the law on stateprivate joint ventures would not be applicable in this case."

and (just a repeat)

"The contract extension for BTSC, he said, has received approval from the Bangkok Metropolitan Council. He added that the recent study by the BMA has also revealed that this will help the authority save up to 6 billion baht in transport budget and will only yield benefits for the Thai people."

After the DSI has told a few people the charge they would be facing and a court has been submitted the paperwork and a date is set we'll hear more about this. Till that time, all TV members are invited to speculate and I will try to interest some to donate for two prices, the most outrageous speculation and for the most accurate speculation. The jury will consist of me, myself and the handsum guy in the mirror. As such I will not partake in the competition wai.gif

The DSI is a fine example of what is wrong with Thailand and further what is wrong with the PTP

When a government agency has the means to become a political tool were no checks and balances exist or independant review boards can step in and pull them into line for eg "The High Court" as I believe they are still a neutral lawful independant body "for now" (which I believe will be high on the agenda for PTP to change)

Why isn't anyone taking the DSI to the high court and challenging their integrety, they making a mockery of the law and giving all of Thailand a huge red nose - this sillyness needs to stop, they are making themselves look like a bunch of clowns - JMO

Well the investigation took some time.It started after the deal was announced in May 2012. 8 months isnt an unreasonable time delay.

But didn't you say they'd been investigating this for years?

The bts has been subject to multiple investigations over the years, The current services contract extension is part and parcel of ongoing allegations of influence peddling and bribery in matters related to the Bts. The new contract was just another layer added to the cake.

The DSI is a fine example of what is wrong with Thailand and further what is wrong with the PTP

When a government agency has the means to become a political tool were no checks and balances exist or independant review boards can step in and pull them into line for eg "The High Court" as I believe they are still a neutral lawful independant body "for now" (which I believe will be high on the agenda for PTP to change)

Why isn't anyone taking the DSI to the high court and challenging their integrety, they making a mockery of the law and giving all of Thailand a huge red nose - this sillyness needs to stop, they are making themselves look like a bunch of clowns - JMO

why is it wrong to investigate an allegation of corruption?

why is it wrong to investigate an allegation of corruption?

You might further ask is it wrong to drop all investigation of red shirt crimes because their supporter's have just won government. Or, why does all investigations now seem to have benefit for that new government (such as Abhisit's national service) but investigations of hotbeds of corruption such as the rice scam, which might prove embarassing, are very low key, if they exist. In fact, the easiest corruption cases to detect, parliamentary votes where there is an obvious conflict of interest without declaration of same or recusal, are NEVER investigated.