Broadband Internet Recommendations For The Dark Side

hotandhumid

I appreciate that this has been done before, and probably more than once, I did a google the topic but couldn't find anything.

Anyway, I finally ditched BTV as it was down more than up (no crude jokes please) I went to TOT today who told me it will take a whole week just to tell me if they cover my area, I live in Green Field Villas 3 on SSCC, then another week to install. I just called Sophon cable, they said they would call me back in 2 days to again let me know if they cover where I live, although she did say installation will within a day after that if they do. So while I'm waiting with baited breath for her to call me back are there any others anyone can recommend?...do 3bb come out here, for expample?

Thanks

H&H

I'm pretty happy with my B-TV Internet service. Sure, there are dropped connections most days, but just have to reconnect...the service itself almost never goes down.

Isn't 3BB the same as TOT Internet service? I know along NPW 3BB was laying allot of fibre and relay boxes a year or so ago so they probably have a good service in our area.

I'm pretty happy with my B-TV Internet service. Sure, there are dropped connections most days, but just have to reconnect...the service itself almost never goes down.

Isn't 3BB the same as TOT Internet service? I know along NPW 3BB was laying allot of fibre and relay boxes a year or so ago so they probably have a good service in our area.

I didn't ask fro any smug comments about who is happy with BTV....

• Like 1

I live not far from where you are, near the east end of Nernplubwarn (Muslim Road). I think 3BB, which I have, services your area; but the lines are impossible to define. Best way is to call them at 1530, and get to a service rep. Alternative would be th check at the office, 2nd floor of BigC Extra (Pattaya Klang, in the aisle opposite the main entrance to Big C, near the center of the floor.

Like an earlier poster, I've been happy with their service, compared to others I've had here. Rarely an outage, speed, while inconsistent, is adequate for most household stuff, including strreaming videos, NFL Game Pass, downloading TV shows and movies.

I live not far from where you are, near the east end of Nernplubwarn (Muslim Road). I think 3BB, which I have, services your area; but the lines are impossible to define. Best way is to call them at 1530, and get to a service rep. Alternative would be th check at the office, 2nd floor of BigC Extra (Pattaya Klang, in the aisle opposite the main entrance to Big C, near the center of the floor.

Like an earlier poster, I've been happy with their service, compared to others I've had here. Rarely an outage, speed, while inconsistent, is adequate for most household stuff, including strreaming videos, NFL Game Pass, downloading TV shows and movies.

I have 3BB ADSL 10 MB connection off Soi Nernplubwan - costs 635 baht a month. been down twice in 12 months, back up in a few hours - call centre speaks English, As said best to go to Big C extra in Pattaya Klang - took 2 days from requesting service to ADSL modem delivery and config.

I have True cable (high speed + cable tv) and I live in between soi NPW and khao noi. I've had them all and so far I find this service to be the most reliable. TTT,TOT, and True dsl were all ok but this True cable service seems to be the most reliable thus far.

Like 900thb/month for 16M/1.5M + like 72 UBC channels.

TOT have been having a lot of internet connection problems - at least since I moved to the Dark Side a couple of months ago - though they do seem to have settled down again now.

I enquired at 3BB and they said no problem to install but they wanted a week to do so. Good pricing too.

As it is, I've stayed with TOT because in all the years I've been in Thailand this is the first time I've really had any problems and now the problems seem to have been sorted out.

Thanks for the responses, I will go to see 3bb in big C extra tomorrow.

Jayman - You cannot meant trueonline? I contacted them and they have no service on the dark side at all.

Yes I mean trueonline. Yes they offer service on the darkside. I had true adsl for nearly a year before changing over to the true online fiber based service they rolled out here a few months back.

true brought a phone line to my house for my ADSL and now I have a coax they brought in for the new true online net+tv service we changed to.

Jayman - You cannot meant trueonline? I contacted them and they have no service on the dark side at all.

Yes I mean trueonline. Yes they offer service on the darkside. I had true adsl for nearly a year before changing over to the true online fiber based service they rolled out here a few months back.

true brought a phone line to my house for my ADSL and now I have a coax they brought in for the new true online net+tv service we changed to.

How did you arrange the service? via the call centre number or locally?

How did you arrange the service? via the call centre number or locally?

TRUE put up signs all over my village over a year ago.. I just called the number on the sign.

Hi Hotand ,

I'm staying in GFV 3 too , currently using truemove BB at 14mbps at 699baht per month. The speed is excellent as i'm always getting close to 20mbps although i'm just paying for 14mbps. But i think you might have a problem if you are staying deep inside the villiage as the technician once told me that the village management don't allow them to lay their cable on the electricity pole unless they pay them a sum of money. If that's the case, you might only have an option with true online which is their mobile BB plan.

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/packagedetail/238

True Fiber definitely runs up Soi Siam Country club road, at least till around Planet Football as a friend of mine in that area has it.

Theoretically Fiber should be the most stable, but in the 5 months I have mine it has been down a few times already. Usually the cable modem refuses to sync. Downtimes anywhare from 10 minutes to the longest being over a day...