Pattaya Police Station Office Raked By Gunfire

Rimmer

Pattaya Police Station Office Raked by Gunfire

PATTAYA:--The office of the Superintendent of the Pattaya police station was sprayed by gunfire that shattered several mirrored windows. The unknown shooter may have been a drunk police officer with a grudge against his superiors. No one was hurt or injured in the incident.

PATTAYA – January 1, 2013 [PDN]; a reporter was informed in the late night hours that someone shooting a gun had raked the mirrored windows of the office of the Superintendent of Pattaya police station.

The superintendent, Pol. Col. Suwan Cheawnawinthawat, normally occupies the office, which is located behind the police station. But he was not in his office at the time of the shooting and no one was injured.

After the shooting, Pol. Lt. Col. Songkhram Pun-eam, the expert investigation officer, went to inspect the scene and reported his findings to his high-ranking superiors. The black mirrored windows were severely damaged with many jagged holes. The investigating officer collected several spent bullet shells that had fallen at the scene.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/01/02/pattaya-police-station-office-raked-by-gunfire/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-01-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Like 2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The investigating officer collected several spent bullet shells that had fallen at the scene.

So it shouldn't be hard to establish if one of their officers had fired their gun recently? I wonder if they have the equivalent of an internal affairs Department in the Royal Thai police?

This is great. Not only are the locals bold enough to have a shoot out right around the corner from the police station the other day but they are bold enough to target the police station directly. I love it.

Great reporting too, "The unknown shooter may have been a drunk police officer"

I suspect someone knows more than they are letting on, or "If The Cap Fits!"

• Like 1

When someone starts to spray police station with bullets, it might be time to start taking things very very seriously.

somebody got a bit carried away with new year celebrations mai pen rai, nobody got injured :rolleyes:

• Like 2

This is great. Not only are the locals bold enough to have a shoot out right around the corner from the police station the other day but they are bold enough to target the police station directly. I love it.

"Great....I love it"???? .... the zenith of Pattaya humanity. sick.gif Have you really thought through what you are extolling....gun crime...violence.... attempted muder? I doubt it.

"Great....I love it"???? .... the zenith of Pattaya humanity. sick.gif Have you really thought through what you are extolling....gun crime...violence.... attempted muder? I doubt it.

You don't recognize sarcasm?

Ditto - your sarcasm was obviously not recognized by Brodie.

The investigating officer collected several spent bullet shells that had fallen at the scene.

So it shouldn't be hard to establish if one of their officers had fired their gun recently? I wonder if they have the equivalent of an internal affairs Department in the Royal Thai police?

Probably called "the treasurer's department" if they do! wink.png

When someone starts to spray police station with bullets, it might be time to start taking things very very seriously.

If this wasn't a drunk cop, but some crims then the cops WILL take it seriously AND they will set an example!!!

Quote: //After the shooting, Pol. Lt. Col. Songkhram Pun-eam, the expert investigation officer, went to inspect the scene//Unquote

Ah, yes. Heavy gunfire behind the police station. Officers inside awakened, we better wait until we can be sure, there are no more shots and the shooters have disappeared, before taking a look.

• Like 1

Of course, instead of things getting serious, the police may try to make this out to be just a bout of drunkenness. Sweep it under the rug, before everyone realizes there are problems here. Same as the southern situation, according to the gov, its nothing serious. Years ago, there seemed to be a somewhat accurate counting of the dead, and if I remember right, those numbers werent much different that today! Maybe some of the dead were not really dead?

People keep overlooking one fact. They didn't spray the police station, they sprayed the commanders office, located behind the police station. This was not anti police violence this was a message to a specific person. Don't forget to consider the Russians in this. They seem to be behind more and more of the violent crime in that filthy snake pit named Pattaya.