Urgent! Need Budget Room For Rent Around Asoke - Prakanong - Onnut

If you want a shoebox condo near western standards in those areas you need to double your budget for Ohn Nuch and more for Asoke

If you want a tiny shoebox with no window , squat toilet and broken shower shared with 30 Thais and their karioke systems and empty whiskey bottles then go out and look around the urine soaked alleys in the areas or places up the sois, 20 minutes plus walk from the BTS.

Otherwise you will need to look at Bang Na or further out or the other side of the river.

If you want a shoebox condo near western standards in those areas you need to double your budget for Ohn Nuch and more for Asoke

If you want a tiny shoebox with no window , squat toilet and broken shower shared with 30 Thais and their karioke systems and empty whiskey bottles then go out and look around the urine soaked alleys in the areas or places up the sois, 20 minutes plus walk from the BTS.

Otherwise you will need to look at Bang Na or further out or the other side of the river.

Totally ignorant and ill informed; if you don't mind a single room studio from 28 sq/m up to about 45, there are many decent units in the Phra Khanong/On Nut area. Most don't have kitchens but you can easily cook on the balcony.

Most of the moto taxi drivers around the Phra Khanong BTS know the better buildings where westerners stay. Find one who speaks a bit of english and pay him 100-200 baht to take you around.

If you will use ac a lot, be sure to ask the electric rate at any room you are considering as some do mark power up considerably. B5-6 is reasonable.

Totally ignorant and ill informed; if you don't mind a single room studio from 28 sq/m up to about 45, there are many decent units in the Phra Khanong/On Nut area. Most don't have kitchens but you can easily cook on the balcony.

Most of the moto taxi drivers around the Phra Khanong BTS know the better buildings where westerners stay. Find one who speaks a bit of english and pay him 100-200 baht to take you around.

If you will use ac a lot, be sure to ask the electric rate at any room you are considering as some do mark power up considerably. B5-6 is reasonable.

Hi,

thanks for reply.

I need room, just for sleep. I not need kitchen in room. Just bed, private toilet, aircon. I see at 6.000 Baht its possilble to have.

I need just you share some precious information help me to rent. Some reviews on your previous experience.

Its not long term rental we will upgrade to townhouse as soon is possible.

Thanks. Please share some informations.

Go to On Nut soi 17, travel down the soi until you reach soi 16, turn right into the soi, go about 500 yards you will come to a 7/11 right across the road there are a group of 6 large condos.

At the bus stop you will see signs for rental condos, less than 4,000 baht per month.

If you go to the condo enterances you will also see signs advertising condos for rent, all less than 4,000 baht per month.

The above is a Thai area although a few farang can be found.

Prakanong, go to soi Ananap soi 34, loads of Thai style condos.

Why not move to a townhouse now?

28sq/m ? So I was right then ? biggrin.png

28sq/m ? So I was right then ? biggrin.png

Yes, 28sq/m... and?

OP: you can get a nice studio within walking distance (approximately 5 min.) from BTS On Nut. Ask at "My Condo" or "Your Condo" (I think that's the name of the building) on Soi 83. Alternatively go to "The Regent Home" on Soi 85 (approximately 10-15 min. walk from the BTS station/or 20 Bath with a motorcycle taxi). Prices for a studio start at around Bath 6,000/month depending on the landlord. The people in that building are really friendly - especially those in the laundry and small convenience store on the 2nd floor.

On the opposite side of The Regent Home there is a 4 story building with studios for rent (unfurnished, no kitchen, small balcony and squat toilet) for approximately Baht 2,200 - 2,500 per month. The main draw-back about this last building is the wee canal which runs along side it - the stench in the rainy season can be gut wrenching.

Good luck!

I live in On Nut. The apartments suggested in the soi 17 area could work but the traffic jams can be bad depending on the time of day and have got worse since the plethora of new condo's have been built near the BTS. You could not really walk from here - it's too far and too hot. If you need to walk to the BTS, i lived in an apartment in Pra kanong about five years ago which was a 15 minute walk to the BTS. I think it was about 5000-6000bt for an air-con room at the time, less for fan rooms. The rooms were a reasonable size though, about 35 sqm. I forget the soi number but it was on the right side of soi 71 going down, past Jusco supermarket (maybe now a max value) and two soi's after. There's a load of motorbike taxi drivers waiting there. Ask one to take you there if interested. One downside of Pra kanong which is why i left and many people seem not to mention is that it smells as there are quite a few klongs in the area. However, there are more shops etc on the way to the BTS than On Nut. On Nut though i think, is nicer and quieter and doesn't smell! Once you get to the BTS there is also much more around - Big C, Tesco's, night market, shops etc. Most of the condo's near BTS On Nut are new and are in the 12-15000bt + price range. I am not aware of cheapie's nearby but there may be some.