Honda Msx 125

RED21

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great prices sumet I m interested on msx. Is it cramped while riding for farang? How is it power wise?

I'm about 6' tall and don't feel cramped at all. Not sure about the hp or torque numbers, but once into second gear she is quite fast. Handling is great too. I was doing some knee downs on the way out of my moo baan this morning.

• Like 1

[quote name='SumetCycle' timestamp='1365578861' post='6289036']Great prices sumet I m interested on msx. Is it cramped while riding for farang? How is it power wise? I'm about 6' tall and don't feel cramped at all. Not sure about the hp or torque numbers, but once into second gear she is quite fast. Handling is great too. I was doing some knee downs on the way out of my moo baan this morning.[/quote] Cool really. And have someone released a 6 gear clutch and big bore set yet for msx like kawa klx?

Thanks. The swingarm is 3,900 and the Ohlins shock is 2,500. Dropping even more weight today by adding a tidy tail. I'll post a pic when it is done. I rode it home last night. What a fun ride, even through traffic.

Want. It. :)

Our MSX 125 is coming along nicely.

Looks really good - nice upgrades. Black passenger pegs would be the next change I'd make...

I think Honda have added all the things the KSR is missing, clutch, passenger pegs, slightly higher seat height, slightly bigger engine. The next KSR should be interesting, I still prefer the look of the KSR but this bike has taken the spec on a step...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Test drove one , not practical at all but sure is a blast to zip around on.

Local price has just gone up on these with most shops claiming a 2 month wait.

Sumet Cycles has a couple available now. I've no idea what the price is though.

I have a brand new never ridden red one I got from Sumet, was gonna take it back to the states but they are gonna sell em here, will never have enough time to ride it much when I am in BKK...70k if anyone wants it!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The KLX125 is a taller dirt bike.

The Dtracker125 is a closer comparison but really the KSR is the main competition.

The DTX125 seems a taller bike for Farangs but it is air cooled so probably makes less power.

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/th/motorcycle_08_dtracker125.asp

The MSX has more modern technology than all, but it is short.

I think they look cool and can't fault anyone for riding one.

• Like 1

The KLX125 is a taller dirt bike.

The Dtracker125 is a closer comparison but really the KSR is the main competition.

The DTX125 seems a taller bike for Farangs but it is air cooled so probably makes less power.

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/th/motorcycle_08_dtracker125.asp

The MSX has more modern technology than all, but it is short.

I think they look cool and can't fault anyone for riding one.

Okay, cheers. Wasn't aware that Kawasaki had more than one model in its off-road bike array.

• 2 months later...

A bit of a dead topic...but found this today. Made me really think about dropping the coin on getting one:

These are not stock msx though.

But this bike gained the cult status already. They sols 50k msx in thailand what i read!

Besides, great bike to play with both ride and mech.

Lots of aftermarket options as well.

Seen some too notch ones at last bike fest.

Also seen a nice and clever swing arm extension recetly like a switchblade. You can extend it or make it shorter, up to your needs. Nice!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-14048965097172_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14048965330474_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14048965635016_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14048966271448_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14048966515395_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14048966801336_thumb.jpg