More Russians Robbed At Gunpoint In Pratumnak

Rimmer

More Russians Robbed By Gunmen In Pratumnak

ru.jpeg

PATTAYA:--Two Russian couples were robbed at gunpoint by four men riding two motorbikes near Pratumnak Hill. The Russians were eating and drinking near a footpath when the motorbikers robbed them and then drove away. The area is also where two Russian ladies were abducted and robbed and raped on Christmas Day. The suspects in that case have just been arrested.

PATTAYA – January 2, 2012 [PDN]; At 5:50 a.m., a report of four Russian tourists being robbed at gunpoint was received through the police radio by Pol. Lt. Col. Anake Srathongyou, suppression inspector of Muang Pattaya police station.

There were 4 criminals riding on 2 motorcycles who robbed the Russian tourists. The incident occurred on soi 5 in Khao Pratamnak in south Pattaya.

Police went to the scene with patrolling forces, and found the two male and two female Russian tourists. They were standing on the roadside still in shock. Two victims gave their names as Ms. Katerina Koruygina, 27 years old; and Mr. Roharts (he did not say his surname), 27 years old. The other two Russian victims did not disclose their names.

Police questioned a bystander who had witnessed the robbery from a distance. He was identified as Mr. Jakrit Seekasan, 28 years old, a security guard at a local company.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...n-in-pratumnak/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-01-03

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya reputation worsens more and more !!

That's debatable. As Quentin Crisp said about not cleaning your apartment EVER, it can only get so dirty. Whatever the reputation there always seem to be some national groups happy to swamp the joint.
  • Like 2

That's debatable. As Quentin Crisp said about not cleaning your apartment EVER, it can only get so dirty. Whatever the reputation there always seem to be some national groups happy to swamp the joint.

Well, must admit l have never thought about risk when booking any holiday, think most don't. Only time l thought a problem was in the dark side of Miami sad.png . BUT, on the beach side of Miami l walked into a drug deal in the toilets of a bar laugh.png . Walked out and sent my mate in cheesy.gif . He was very white when he came out. laugh.png

I'm with Jing on this one- one nations arrivals decrease and two new ones take up the slack.

Pattaya, the cat with nine lives :)

Don't be a drama queen...people are robbed at gunpoint the world over on a daily basis...I bet it even happens in Moscow and St. Petersburg so I'm sure nothing new to these folks.

True but Russia is not promoted as the Land of Smiles either? whistling.gif

• Like 2

I hope there will be no comments about someone should not carry that about of money. Seems to be the victim is usually at fault. Four people eating dinner should not expect to be robbed, even if they were (drinking alcohol). That is another thing about these post. What if they were drinking Pepsi, would that make a difference?

I hope there will be no comments about someone should not carry that about of money. Seems to be the victim is usually at fault. Four people eating dinner should not expect to be robbed, even if they were (drinking alcohol). That is another thing about these post. What if they were drinking Pepsi, would that make a difference?

No body expects or deserves to be the victim of any sort of crime, the point some us are trying to make is that <deleted> happens the world over and that pattaya is certainly not immune. If not already, I'm sure the Russian foreign ministry and or their outbound tourism agency will post appropriate travel warnings for Russians traveling abroad.

i am increasingly shocked by the number of thais who carry hand guns in bkk, Not long ago early morning while waiting to enter a public park at 6am with a bunch of thais...we had to wait because the park security guy with the key had slept in,

He arrived 35 minutes late and apologized while unlocking the gate, One of the guys waiting who goes for his morning bicycle ride pulled a gun and pushed it in the security guys face warning him what would happen if he were ever to be late again,

The next shock came from a young girl (government worker) who invited me to go swimming with her, In the beginning i was more concerned about the knowing looks i was getting from the neighbors as i got onto the back of this girls honda wave who was wearing a baseball cap the wrong way around and sporting a full set of shiny teeth braces,

At some point in the journey she had to use the brakes quite heavy ...i put my hand on her side to steady myself but felt a little confused by the fact i had placed my hand on a holstered hand gun under her shirt,

On arrival at the swimming pool i asked her why she would carry a hand gun to go swimming, She told her father had taken her for gun instruction...she had a permit and was told by her father to carry it at all times...said...its not safe for girls outside alone,

Thailand is the 5th country i have lived in but the only country where i have known people who carry hand guns,

Has it always been so here?

I hope there will be no comments about someone should not carry that about of money.

Sorry, I didn't read the full report and the amount wasn't mentioned in the extract.

Here you go:

What sort of pea-brained idiot carries 10,000 Baht around with them and sits around "eating and drinking" (aka "getting plastered") on the sidewalk at 5am after a night out? Hardly surprising the muggers are tempted.

blink.pngsick.gif

"At 5:50 a.m., a report of four Russian tourists being robbed at gunpoint..."

Eating and drinking outside at 5:50AM ?

Didn't their mother tell them to go to bed early ?

At some point in the journey she had to use the brakes quite heavy ...i put my hand on her side to steady myself ..................................

Yea - right ! w00t.gif

• Like 2

Give me a break ... 10,000 is not much unless you are struggling to survive as an expat with a meagre income that is not the reality of income elsewhere

I didn't read the instructions that said to carry nothing in Pattaya. So, when you get a Gun shoved in your face & you only have 10Baht & they don't believe you what's next ???

Hard to imagine what one could possibly spend 10,000B on at 5 in the morning. Especially when one is sitting on the pavement drinking 7/11 beer.

I rarely have more than 1000B on me, unless I am going somewhere with the specific intention of spending more, and that wouldn't be happening at that time of day. I certainly wouldnt have that much money on me at the end of a night on the town.

I also carry an ATM card, but that links to an account that only has a few thousand Baht in it, for security reasons. My real card is in a safe place, along with my papers and valuables. My other money is in the bank, where it belongs. That's called forethought and is the main reason why I managed to retire at 50 with enough money to cover my expenditure for the rest of my life, several times over.

What would I do if a mugger stopped me? Empty my pockets and give him what I have. The trick is simply to make sure that you dont have more than you need on you. Anyone who has travelled anywhere should know that.

Get Real.

I already am, unlike some people here who appear to be completely unprepared for everything.

Give me a break ... 10,000 is not much unless you are struggling to survive as an expat with a meagre income that is not the reality of income elsewhere

I didn't read the instructions that said to carry nothing in Pattaya. So, when you get a Gun shoved in your face & you only have 10Baht & they don't believe you what's next ???

Hard to imagine what one could possibly spend 10,000B on at 5 in the morning. Especially when one is sitting on the pavement drinking 7/11 beer.

I rarely have more than 1000B on me, unless I am going somewhere with the specific intention of spending more, and that wouldn't be happening at that time of day. I certainly wouldnt have that much money on me at the end of a night on the town.

I also carry an ATM card, but that links to an account that only has a few thousand Baht in it, for security reasons. My real card is in a safe place, along with my papers and valuables. My other money is in the bank, where it belongs. That's called forethought and is the main reason why I managed to retire at 50 with enough money to cover my expenditure for the rest of my life, several times over.

What would I do if a mugger stopped me? Empty my pockets and give him what I have. The trick is simply to make sure that you dont have more than you need on you. Anyone who has travelled anywhere should know that.

Get Real.

I already am, unlike some people here who appear to be completely unprepared for everything.

The amount of money is irrelevent given that the robbers do not know how much you have anyway.

• Like 2

Don't be a drama queen...people are robbed at gunpoint the world over on a daily basis...I bet it even happens in Moscow and St. Petersburg so I'm sure nothing new to these folks.

Yes, but usually you know the places that this happens and avoid them. In this case it is the areas thought to be safe. In addition, it is happening more and more as if it is becoming an issue with tourist safety in areas we would consider safe. I travel a lot and know the ares to avoid and have never had an issue, but if someone robbed me while I was having a drink at the pool, this would be an big deal.

blink.pngsick.gif

blink.pngsick.gif

May be they were having their BREAKFAST !!!

I hope there will be no comments about someone should not carry that about of money.

Sorry, I didn't read the full report and the amount wasn't mentioned in the extract.

Here you go:

What sort of pea-brained idiot carries 10,000 Baht around with them and sits around "eating and drinking" (aka "getting plastered") on the sidewalk at 5am after a night out? Hardly surprising the muggers are tempted.

So $300 in you pocket is something bad. Makes me laugh since tourist usually have a bit of money, it's a tourist thing. They buy things, shop, drink and have a vacation. The Thai scumbags know this and thats why tourist are targets.

Obviously, the situation is getting worse and they need to tighten up security or find people going somewhere safer.

Yes, I know no where is always safe, but a rape and robbery at gun point so close together usually only happens in the getto.

Anyone criticizing someone for carrying 10,000 THB is an idiot. It's only 10,000 THB. That is barely enough to cover a good night out with 3 friends in this country these days. If you are an Expat you are assumed to have a large amount of cash on you regardless of whether you do or not.

As for this happening in Thailand... it happens everywhere! US, Russia, France, GBR, Australia, Italy, Dubai... you name it and you will find it going on there.

As for comments about carrying guns... I'm all for it cause if they have them why shouldn't we? You want to pull a gun on me you better be fast cause you'll have one in the head and two in the chest before you can say Sawadee kab! You better believe my Thai wife has become very skilled at protecting herself... BTW... it's not just Thais doing this either... read the news... seems like dead beat criminals from all over (especially Eastern Europe) have descended on this country to exploit people.

• Like 1

While I find it hard to believe some of the stories of people being robbed of gold, multiple currencies worth thousands of dollars, multiple cell phones, etc while walking alone at three in the morning on Beach Rd, and assume at least some of those cases are attempts at insurance fraud (like another thread set in Phuket), 4 young people out late at night on holiday with Baht 10,000 isn't that difficult to believe.

Going out with only 1000 Baht in your pocket, especially if you're going out "on the town" with friends might be insurance against ever having to say "the next round is on me," however.

On the other hand, if you end up getting robbed by four gun-toting men on two motorcycles, they might feel a certain amount of disappointment at netting Baht 250 each, resulting in more than just some unpleasant name-calling referencing a brown [theoretically] sticky substance.

Even just going out during the day with no specific plans to spend money, carrying only Baht 1000 would make me feel "unprepared."

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Well, must admit l have never thought about risk when booking any holiday, think most don't. Only time l thought a problem was in the dark side of Miami sad.png . BUT, on the beach side of Miami l walked into a drug deal in the toilets of a bar laugh.png . Walked out and sent my mate in cheesy.gif . He was very white when he came out. laugh.png

All of him, or just around the nose?

Anybody who goes to Soddom & Gommorah, I mean Pattaya deserves what they get.

Thank you. Almost everyday I pause to reflect on how fortunate I am to have a home in Pattaya, although I doubt I'm really all that deserving. I often think of all the poor people in the world who have such drab, dreary, pathetic lives awash in sour-grapes and I feel all the more blessed to be here in lovely Sodom and Gomorrah.

“Nobody comes here anymore, it's too crowded”

Yogi Berra

"I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories. The horrible are like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else. So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable."

- Woody Allen

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1