Why Are Men So Dumb Regarding Women?

rsokolowski

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I want to know is why more people are not happy being single. It is quite easy taking care of yourself and you only have to pay for one. That is true for women as well as men. I know several of my divorced girl friends who finally went to living with another women, and not as a gay couple. Us gals just have more in common with each other than we do with men. I suspect men might be the same. About the only real reason to get married is to have children. I once wanted kids, but unbeknownst to me, my husband had been "fixed" and he didn't tell me. After a while I wisely gave up the thought of having children. It takes two to properly raise kids and unless both parents are totally committed it is not fair to the children.

Ask yourself this. Have you ever met a woman who folded her husbands underwear who got a divorce?

The only thing I want to know is why more people are not happy being single. It is quite easy taking care of yourself and you only have to pay for one. That is true for women as well as men. I know several of my divorced girl friends who finally went to living with another women, and not as a gay couple. Us gals just have more in common with each other than we do with men. I suspect men might be the same. About the only real reason to get married is to have children. I once wanted kids, but unbeknownst to me, my husband had been "fixed" and he didn't tell me. After a while I wisely gave up the thought of having children. It takes two to properly raise kids and unless both parents are totally committed it is not fair to the children.

Ask yourself this. Have you ever met a woman who folded her husbands underwear who got a divorce?

Come to think of it... NO!

They were (are) usually women who all they ever wanted to be in life is somebody's wife and have children of her own. A few of my friends are like that and they have little interest in their husband's interests, which are usually watching sports on the TV and sharing time with their mates. The couples happy share two separate lives together.

Fair enough reply, Rsquared. I've got several all absorbing artistic hobbies and spend hours at them. I only log onto the internet to clear my head, and i only go out to the bars as a change of scene. Without a serious hobby I think people alone might get bored. I haven't watched much TV for the previous 3 months. I might turn it on for a maximum of 10 minutes a day to watch the news. And, even the TV news is boring. I'd rather go to the nearest cafe that subscribes to the Bangkok Post and have a leisurely breakfast while reading the paper.

• Like 2

I tried that for 6 years after my divorce....and seriously, I got lonely coming home from work to 4 empty walls and a television.

I didn't want to fall into the trap of dropping off my work gear and heading down to the local pub or club just for some company....seen too many guys like that. Plus my work was never regular, meaning I worked all sorts of weird and wonderful hours, always a mystery as to when I started and when I finished.

So for me personally, I needed someone in my life.

Guess it's good we are all different.

Rsquared ... I'm with you on this... I like your honesty... I have never understood the near social ban on admitting one's loneliness.. Being a bit lonely at times is not a pathological condition of being 'needy'.. I've spent years - more than I intended... being single. Over time - I became quite good at what I call 'Productive Solitude' - hobbies and interests of all sorts.. hiking, fossil hunting, gardening, academic interests, and much more. I was alone but not experiencing loneliness all the time... BUT ... I've had a enough of it. So - for the past couple of years I have been working on a change... Soon I will be very active in getting on with a new set of adventures - a new life in Thailand.. It will be good to return ... should have done it sooner than later.

• Like 1

I'd rather go to the nearest cafe that subscribes to the Bangkok Post and have a leisurely breakfast while reading the paper.

I'm guessing you are quite large by now?

I will admit I've got to watch it, Tommo. Luckily I hike a lot and I was blessed with a tallish (173 cm) slim figure that doesn't show the extra weight I occasionally gain.

I'd rather go to the nearest cafe that subscribes to the Bangkok Post and have a leisurely breakfast while reading the paper.

I'm guessing you are quite large by now?

You silver-tongued devil, Tommo.........

• Like 1

Rsquared ... I'm with you on this... I like your honesty... I have never understood the near social ban on admitting one's loneliness.. Being a bit lonely at times is not a pathological condition of being 'needy'.. I've spent years - more than I intended... being single. Over time - I became quite good at what I call 'Productive Solitude' - hobbies and interests of all sorts.. hiking, fossil hunting, gardening, academic interests, and much more. I was alone but not experiencing loneliness all the time... BUT ... I've had a enough of it. So - for the past couple of years I have been working on a change... Soon I will be very active in getting on with a new set of adventures - a new life in Thailand.. It will be good to return ... should have done it sooner than later.

My productive solitude was collecting rare and precious coins. I now have quite a collection back in a Commonwealth Bank safety deposit box. It includes a 1930 penny and a 1923 halfpenny.

Back in Oz one day I was sitting in my office. A courier satchel was brought in to me by this lovely young blonde lass that had just started as an office junior. I had already had a few chats with her and quite liked her. She was intelligent and very quick witted. Hot young blondes with brains are far to thin on the ground...

Anyway she asked me what was in the satchel. I replied "Some rather lovely gold sovereigns. Would you like to have a look".

I opened the bag and removed the set of 8 sovereigns for view.

"Cool" she said. "Do you collect coins?"

"Yes" I said.

She then looked me up and down with her lovely blue eyes and said "I've always wondered what type of people collect coins?"

The following day I started engineering my permanent move to Thailand.

I don't collect coins here in Thailand, I spend my free time with my partner who is also young, very lovely, intelligent, and quick witted. She doesn't have blonde hair.

• Like 1

I was an engineer at 212 King street in Toronto. I hired a Swedish young lady blond hair and very long legs as a receptionist. We took the front panel off of her desk she had such long legs to give her more room whistling.gif. Engineers back then were mostly men. She lasted 6 months. She didn't speak a word of English beyond hello.biggrin.png A receptionist at a major Engineering company in downtown Toronto, 8 hours a day, five days a week and she spoke no English. smile.png Men are silly.

Haha. When I was a young exec with a bank in downtown Portland, Oregon, US, we had a standard test we gave to young ladies who applied to be teller trainees. We had them put both hands on the back of their heads, point their elbows toward a wall and walk into that wall. If their elbows could touch the wall they were outta here. :)

I was an engineer at 212 King street in Toronto. I hired a Swedish young lady blond hair and very long legs as a receptionist. We took the front panel off of her desk she had such long legs to give her more room whistling.gif. Engineers back then were mostly men. She lasted 6 months. She didn't speak a word of English beyond hello.biggrin.png A receptionist at a major Engineering company in downtown Toronto, 8 hours a day, five days a week and she spoke no English. smile.png Men are silly.

Haha. When I was a young exec with a bank in downtown Portland, Oregon, US, we had a standard test we gave to young ladies who applied to be teller trainees. We had them put both hands on the back of their heads, point their elbows toward a wall and walk into that wall. If their elbows could touch the wall they were outta here. smile.png

And the test for the men was the same BUT if their stomach touched the wall before their elbows, they were outta here eh. laugh.png

Men come to thailand to find gf/wife. However of all the foreigners I have seen while in thailand, i have hardly seen one with real beautiful thai gf/wife. What attracts the men? IMHO.

Cute bum and nice legs does it for me ......... the rest don't matter (male of female).

Tommo, me thinks thou art setting thy sights too low.

post-164212-0-00472400-1357706808_thumb.

In my thinking that is false economy. Yes,house may be cheap, even if you get a great house for US$60k...still you throw away 60k in the west?

.I'm beginning to think the scared,ultra cautious, tick list people who raise these type of threads and suggest due diligence, ain't the most generous people in the world........and why are they still running their due diligence and checks.....well all the tidy women have been snapped up by those a little more adventurous......course it may not work out.....but the adventurous guys are on their second lap before the 'due diligence' guys have started their engines.....course their fuel and thirst for enjoying life may have cost a baht or two

Great stuff. And very true.

the scared,ultra cautious, tick list people who raise these type of threads

These people never win.

and why are they still running their due diligence and checks

Because they are the men who got left behind.

+1 on the above

adventurous! haha that is one way to see it, but a little warped i dare to say. Easy to see the guys who also got duped will add +1

Yes, funny the human brain can go to any lengths of thinking to justify the mistake they make.

I often see the like of you guys..always at a restaurant somewhere..and there be a pack of thai "hanger on" family hovering over the 1 farang who is the prey, and he who will no doubt get the check bin tonight, tomorrow and always, as that is his only purpose in life as far as this lot is concerned.

The farang is there, usually staring into space looking utterly miserable and bored as he cant even understand whats being said and he look like he is wondering "how the !#$% did i get into this situation"

I look on at this with a mix of amusement and pity, he probably the pretend owner of a house and have to support a whole tribe who dont even respect him.

Usually in the west a big group at the restaurant look at the guy who is on his own and label him "looser"...because on his own, billy no mates ect

In Thailand this is the opposite..i sit alone and look at these poor suckers and realise, wow in this case I AM THE WINNER to be alone.

I Spent 3 or 400 baht, go home to an appartment i rent cheaply (instead of a house i will eventually have to walk away from) knowing i can stay here a long time because IT IS ME who does control my finances, not some bunch of hillbillys

OH YES life is passing me by HAHAHAHAHAcheesy.gif

JDGRUEN, i cannot seem to post under your comments as to many tabs, but you said...

quote:

While your comments were not directly referring to me - I am commenting anyway... Oh my ... you are 'way over blowing' the extent of the "due diligence" done or required. And 'way undercutting' the risk of being 'adventurous'... There is a happy medium. Those who practice reasonable caution in romance are not necessarily scared, ultra cautious, or tick list obsessive dolts.. as you suggest... I tend to think of it as applied wisdom wrought from experience... A lack of 'generosity' on the part of cautious men - how silly! We just know when to be generous. Also, how about - we are just not foolish in the same vein of the carefree 'man about town adventurous' fellows - as in the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted". Oh and if you wish to meet those ladies I didn't 'snap up' - I'll be glad to introduce you to my 'discards' and you can have a go ... smile.png

unquote

clap2.gif Yes, certainly i can also say in honesty, the ones i didnt snap up are NOT WORTH snapping up.....and the other posters are welcome to them also, and im sure they will be very happy when you buy them the cheap house you others talk about thumbsup.gif

as you say JD, these other adventurous and generous ones can have the many...all to themselves.

and after they have them they can go home..broke, with no life in the west

then we stingy, unadventurous, ultra scared and cautious can remain here sipping Thai beer and taking our choice over the next nights rentalclap2.gif

In my thinking that is false economy. Yes,house may be cheap, even if you get a great house for US$60k...still you throw away 60k in the west?

.I'm beginning to think the scared,ultra cautious, tick list people who raise these type of threads and suggest due diligence, ain't the most generous people in the world........and why are they still running their due diligence and checks.....well all the tidy women have been snapped up by those a little more adventurous......course it may not work out.....but the adventurous guys are on their second lap before the 'due diligence' guys have started their engines.....course their fuel and thirst for enjoying life may have cost a baht or two

Great stuff. And very true.

the scared,ultra cautious, tick list people who raise these type of threads

These people never win.

and why are they still running their due diligence and checks

Because they are the men who got left behind.

+1 on the above

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

i am very glad to be left behind

adventurous! haha that is one way to see it, but a little warped i dare to say. Easy to see the guys who also got duped will add +1

Yes, funny the human brain can go to any lengths of thinking to justify the mistake they make.

I often see the like of you guys..always at a restaurant somewhere..and there be a pack of thai "hanger on" family hovering over the 1 farang who is the prey, and he who will no doubt get the check bin tonight, tomorrow and always, as that is his only purpose in life as far as this lot is concerned.

The farang is there, usually staring into space looking utterly miserable and bored as he cant even understand whats being said and he look like he is wondering "how the !#$% did i get into this situation"

I look on at this with a mix of amusement and pity, he probably the pretend owner of a house and have to support a whole tribe who dont even respect him.

Usually in the west a big group at the restaurant look at the guy who is on his own and label him "looser"...because on his own, billy no mates ect

In Thailand this is the opposite..i sit alone and look at these poor suckers and realise, wow in this case I AM THE WINNER to be alone.

I Spent 3 or 400 baht, go home to an appartment i rent cheaply (instead of a house i will eventually have to walk away from) knowing i can stay here a long time because IT IS ME who does control my finances, not some bunch of hillbillys

I wonder if you are the one trying to sell yourself the fact that your solitary existence is something to behold, enjoy by all means, but just because it would break your heart to believe that you wasted a few baht, don't think there are not many out there who live their life to enjoy a broad experience of what life has to offer, these type of people don't make 'mistakes' they enjoy the experience/adventure and are capable of simply moving on to the next adventure.....no regrets......it really is that easy....have fun now in your self imposed solitude.....be afraid of all Thai women....be very afraid..unsure.png ..they will chew you up and spit you out..crazy.gif

Let me be sure I understand this ...... As your retort and accusation that someone else is ratonalising somethng your responce is not only you are a winner but a winner in CAPS ..... because ...... you live in a 3-400 bht room and have no friends ? .......... And people say this site ain't funny !

Only in Thailand !

I wonder if you are the one trying to sell yourself the fact that your solitary existence is something to behold, enjoy by all means, but just because it would break your heart to believe that you wasted a few baht, don't think there are not many out there who live their life to enjoy a broad experience of what life has to offer, these type of people don't make 'mistakes' they enjoy the experience/adventure and are capable of simply moving on to the next adventure.....no regrets......it really is that easy....have fun now in your self imposed solitude.....be afraid of all Thai women....be very afraid..unsure.png ..they will chew you up and spit you out..crazy.gif

I havent always had solitary existence, but i choose to now. If i choose i can afford to have company EVERY night and will never amount to the price of a cheap house...even after 5 years of hire companionship

Also i am not afraid of loosing any amount of baht, but afraid of wasting time and energy and sanity on peoples not worthy, who do have other motives.

I have many great times here and many adventures over past 5 years, and these that didnt involve me having to buy someone a house.

When it become clear that buying of assets is the only deal clincher, this is when i do moove on and so do they moove on ..they have no choice

but thank goodness, if had they been smart and play a better game instead of stupidly exhibiting their blatant greed for all to see then they could/would have got what they wanted eventually. In the end some people are not that smart and all they have is one asset..the only thing they can sell

As far as regrets, i certainly have no regrets i didnt get caught in such a bad situation and loose this amount of money.

I am not rich, I could probably only afford to buy 2 or 3 houses and walk away, then i would have to do the final walk..back to west and go back to work to earn more.

That i will not do and will NOT risk over some floozy...not even once.

If your idea of adventure is buying assets, loosing them and then mooving on with no regrets..then good for you

• Like 2

Ahhhhh the ago old explanation from the guy with no friends in the ghetto ...... I like being in the ghetto with no friends, and I really have enough money so I don't need to be here.

The truth is that having no firends is not as much fun in life as having a few , and living in a 300bht room is not very fun either ..... Your explanation that since other things are worse than that, doesn't make living in a 300bht room with no friends any better or worse than it is ...... it just makes you feel better that someone else might be worse off than you , not that what you are doing is actually a fun way of life.

The only one you are fooling with your belief that having no friends in a 300bht room is a great way of life, and makes you a big winner,............. is yourself.

Edited by MrRealDeal

Let me be sure I understand this ...... As your retort and accusation that someone else is ratonalising somethng your responce is not only you are a winner but a winner in CAPS ..... because ...... you live in a 3-400 bht room and have no friends ? .......... And people say this site ain't funny !

Only in Thailand !

I say i was a winner because i see how miserable life is for these poor guys. you can see it all over their face..,

me, i have a ball, i have friends...i dont have to buy them house i cant own. and i can do what i want, when i want..we all rent. You are probably one of the ones who says my GF love me for me OK, i believe you..excused!

Anyway, i am happy, i will go on to do this for YEARS to come, whereas these other guys will be broke in 5 years, go home with tail between legs or live a miserable life as the walking ATM and Thai wife dictating everything to them

JDGRUEN, i cannot seem to post under your comments as to many tabs, but you said...

quote:

While your comments were not directly referring to me - I am commenting anyway... Oh my ... you are 'way over blowing' the extent of the "due diligence" done or required. And 'way undercutting' the risk of being 'adventurous'... There is a happy medium. Those who practice reasonable caution in romance are not necessarily scared, ultra cautious, or tick list obsessive dolts.. as you suggest... I tend to think of it as applied wisdom wrought from experience... A lack of 'generosity' on the part of cautious men - how silly! We just know when to be generous. Also, how about - we are just not foolish in the same vein of the carefree 'man about town adventurous' fellows - as in the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted". Oh and if you wish to meet those ladies I didn't 'snap up' - I'll be glad to introduce you to my 'discards' and you can have a go ... smile.png

unquote

clap2.gif Yes, certainly i can also say in honesty, the ones i didnt snap up are NOT WORTH snapping up.....and the other posters are welcome to them also, and im sure they will be very happy when you buy them the cheap house you others talk about thumbsup.gif

as you say JD, these other adventurous and generous ones can have the many...all to themselves.

and after they have them they can go home..broke, with no life in the west

then we stingy, unadventurous, ultra scared and cautious can remain here sipping Thai beer and taking our choice over the next nights rentalclap2.gif

A significant problem with the comments on this thread is that the posters read a few words like 'cautious' or practicing due diligence in dating and interpret it as one being a hermit pining away in lonely solitude missing out on life - which is total rubbish... But that is the nature of TV members - taking to the extreme in creating stereotypes of anyone who is not just like themselves... But so be it ... Some seem to confuse gratuitous sexual escapades with romance and finding a long term mate. Nothing wrong with a little sport in a sexual adventure from time to time.. but 27 y.o. to 37 y.o. men cannot accurately see the world as a 47 to 57 y.o. does and vice versa... One who takes a slower pace in pursuit of a good woman will likely end up finding what he wants... Those who 'run the tables' of available women as if it were a game of billiards - to them I say 'more power to you' - enjoy your fun... It is just not my cup of tea. To make wild assumptions about a man's romantic success by the manner in which he chooses to pursue a woman (in a target rich environment like Thailand ) is just plain silly and juvenile ... When it comes to romance - it is 'to each his own' -- and as with the 60's/70's adage it is 'different strokes for different folks'... Personally, I have no trouble attracting very fine Thai women using my deliberate cautious approach. I suspect others who do as I do have the same good level of success.

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 2

Only in Thailand !

I say i was a winner because i see how miserable life is for these poor guys. you can see it all over their face..,

me, i have a ball, i have friends...i dont have to buy them house i cant own. and i can do what i want, when i want..we all rent. You are probably one of the ones who says my GF love me for me OK, i believe you..excused!

Anyway, i am happy, i will go on to do this for YEARS to come, whereas these other guys will be broke in 5 years, go home with tail between legs or live a miserable life as the walking ATM and Thai wife dictating everything to them

Thats exactly my point ...... other people being miserable is not relevant to you being a winner , they are mutually exclusive , but I am glad you have friends and are happy ...... We don't all rent since their is no property tax in Thailand some people actually own their property free and clear and don't rent it from the government here,.... like the US.

I really don't care why my wife loves me , she has a 5 bedroom house paid for and an 80,000$ a year job ...... I'm not rocking the boat with questions or complaints about why or even if she loves me ! lol

In answer to the OP's question, it's because Adam ate the apple. Since then, men rarely think through their actions regarding women.

I'm no different. "Baby let me follow you down" became my theme song during mid-life crisis. It's still there, but I've become a little more refrained from diving head first.

I'm thinking of writing a book. I have the title already. "It's Only Pussy."

They just fired a woman in the States for being too attractive.

Edited by Shotime

She wasn't fired for being to attractive, she was fired after her boss repeatedly told her to dress differently and less provocotivly and he felt she was a threat to his marriage , the fact she was attractive was incedental to her not following his requests to dress more appropriately and being a threat to his marriage because of it. But naturally leaving out the facts makes for a better story.

She wasn't fired for being to attractive, she was fired after her boss repeatedly told her to dress differently and less provocotivly and he felt she was a threat to his marriage , the fact she was attractive was incedental to her not following his requests to dress more appropriately and being a threat to his marriage because of it. But naturally leaving out the facts makes for a better story.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

you mean beauty is in the eye of the BEER HOLDER

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2