Why Are Men So Dumb Regarding Women?

rsokolowski

I have noticed that a very common thread on TV and other Thailand forums is about a woman that is money hungry. She convinces her boyfriend or husband (normally an expat, aka non-Thai) to build a house, or send money, etc.There also normally seems to be a child from a former Thai "boyfriend"..

However, at some point you need to take responsibility for not using the grey matter that is inside your skull and start making better decisions. Stop complaining that you got taken, accept it as the cost of not being aware of your situation and making a bad decision.

If she treats you great, then it might be worth it to you. If the stories don't add up, or she is insulting, or disrespectful, you need to be smart enough to figure out what is going on around you. This is not rocket science, don't be a fool.

• Like 1

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guys arrive in Thailand in a big hurry to establish the "normal" life (wife/home/kids) they either couldn't attain, or lost back home. They are in such a hurry to get there that they quickly marry people they hardly know, that they can just barely have a conversation with due to the language barrier, and when it all goes bad they come here and say it's her fault.

It's a good job 'money talks., because in so many relationships here neither party can and it's the translator.

• Like 2

along the way, some realised what they had signed up for. Its really hard to cut losses after you had thrown in a significant of wealth, some instead keep throwing in more, afraiding of losing it all. Very often than not, the biggest liar is the men than the women. Constantly lying and giving fake hope & assurance to themselves despite knowing the truth.

being through it.

• Like 1

If men weren't so dumb regarding women...

1.... Life would hold few challenges

2.....Thaivisa (at least the Gen forum) would collapse whistling.gif

You forgot: The human race would die out in a generation...

Not at all..... if men didn't fup so much, mwn and women could probably get along much better.....ot are you suggesting the human race would die out because of the demise of Thaivisa???

A real problem is that even the most honest, well intentioned lady can lose a man a lot of money. She is raised to take care of family first and will ask for things for the family. That might be a car or a house or both, but if she had the money she'd buy them for the family herself. It's her culture. She may think the farang is so rich that he can do it no problem and therefore should. The farang is well smitten by the lovely lass and does it for her. He also of course buys a house for himself and his new bride not knowing (or at the moment really considering) the consequences if things go wrong.

Now if the marriage goes bad in due course, the farang is toast even if neither party intended it to wind up that way. Surely in the West marriages end up in disaster where no bad intentions existed in the beginning. Surely a farang can lose his butt in the West when the woman didn't set out to ruin him.

I find this to be a frustrating and financially dangerous culture in LOS, and have determined never to "own" a house. Even on leased land the lease can go sour. There are so many complications and it seems that the native Thai usually wins. At least to me it does.

Even in my home country about 50% of marriages go bad, and that's where both share the same culture and language. Both parties get angry and the woman goes for the juggler for spousal and child support. She probably gets the house. I've seen fathers nearly in poverty in my home country from paying support.

There are scammers everywhere, but I don't think you need one to walk into quicksand in LOS.

$.02

A real problem is that even the most honest, well intentioned lady can lose a man a lot of money. She is raised to take care of family first and will ask for things for the family. That might be a car or a house or both, but if she had the money she'd buy them for the family herself. It's her culture. She may think the farang is so rich that he can do it no problem and therefore should. The farang is well smitten by the lovely lass and does it for her. He also of course buys a house for himself and his new bride not knowing (or at the moment really considering) the consequences if things go wrong.

Now if the marriage goes bad in due course, the farang is toast even if neither party intended it to wind up that way. Surely in the West marriages end up in disaster where no bad intentions existed in the beginning. Surely a farang can lose his butt in the West when the woman didn't set out to ruin him.

I find this to be a frustrating and financially dangerous culture in LOS, and have determined never to "own" a house. Even on leased land the lease can go sour. There are so many complications and it seems that the native Thai usually wins. At least to me it does.

Even in my home country about 50% of marriages go bad, and that's where both share the same culture and language. Both parties get angry and the woman goes for the juggler for spousal and child support. She probably gets the house. I've seen fathers nearly in poverty in my home country from paying support.

There are scammers everywhere, but I don't think you need one to walk into quicksand in LOS.

$.02

I see that she is raised to take care of her family so many times, it just means she value's her family over you. That does not happen in a real good relationship, there she will realise you and her will be family. This does not mean she won't care about her father and mother but she will understand that you can't finance it all. (unless of course her goal was to find a sugar daddy not a lover).

I seen many times here educated girls with farang bf's that put their guy first then their family (within reason of course if they live in a tin shack and you live in a villa some money might go that way at times) But these guys are not the beer belly chugging chang singlets wearing beer guzzling ogers you often see with a small pretty girl. They dress (relatively) well, communicate well, look good and are socially skilled.

• Like 2

Actually I see the common thread being the clued up trying to warn the gullible.

The gullible won't take any notice of the warnings and will be unable to accept responsibility for their actions until they finally realise/accept that they are being manipulated by the woman in order to extract maximum money.

Most posts are not "complaining that you got taken", because the poster is unaware that he is being played or in denial.

So ignorance really is bliss?

(paying salaries to girls to stay with them) to have a IMHO (fake) relation. It would be better just to rent a girl by the day then.

Not sure about your logic here: are you saying that paying a companion ST is good smile.png and paying LT is bad sad.png ?

• Like 2

$.02

I see that she is raised to take care of her family so many times, it just means she value's her family over you. That does not happen in a real good relationship, there she will realise you and her will be family. This does not mean she won't care about her father and mother but she will understand that you can't finance it all. (unless of course her goal was to find a sugar daddy not a lover).

I seen many times here educated girls with farang bf's that put their guy first then their family (within reason of course if they live in a tin shack and you live in a villa some money might go that way at times) But these guys are not the beer belly chugging chang singlets wearing beer guzzling ogers you often see with a small pretty girl. They dress (relatively) well, communicate well, look good and are socially skilled.

I agree. I keep coming back to how it is in the West too, though. I think it's in a woman's genes to be attracted to someone who offers more than someone else. Some are attracted to looks as this will bear her nice children. I think a lot of Thai woman want the added "white and height" in the gene pool, especially in Isaan. Heck, the Royal Family in the UK has done that recently, even if by accident. The rather plain Prince Charles married Diana and everything changed. Now we have two very tall and handsome men in the family. Now we add the stunning and tall Kate to the mix and things will never be the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it and we Americans loved Diana and love Kate. They were/are big stars and pull big crowds in America. I have the world's worst crush on Kate myself. :)

Then there's money which some women marry for. They want the good provider but there are no hunter-gatherers to be found.

Bring in a farang who adds both white and height, plus some money to provide, and he's irresistible if not for himself.

I think something wonderful happens when Thai and Caucasion mix in a new child, but that's just me. I think some Thai women think so too.

But I think in the end you're right. The Thai woman chose a taller farang with a few dollars and not for real love. The ice is thin for the farang.

But these guys are not the beer belly chugging chang singlets wearing beer guzzling ogers

Oh dear - you really have a downer on farangs, don't you ?

Who cares if a guy, or a lady for that matter, has a few extra pounds, likes wearing a vest and has a beer every now and then ? As long as the couple in question are happy then thats alright with me thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

$.02

I agree. I keep coming back to how it is in the West too, though. I think it's in a woman's genes to be attracted to someone who offers more than someone else. Some are attracted to looks as this will bear her nice children. I think a lot of Thai woman want the added "white and height" in the gene pool, especially in Isaan. Heck, the Royal Family in the UK has done that recently, even if by accident. The rather plain Prince Charles married Diana and everything changed. Now we have two very tall and handsome men in the family. Now we add the stunning and tall Kate to the mix and things will never be the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it and we Americans loved Diana and love Kate. They were/are big stars and pull big crowds in America. I have the world's worst crush on Kate myself. smile.png

Then there's money which some women marry for. They want the good provider but there are no hunter-gatherers to be found.

Bring in a farang who adds both white and height, plus some money to provide, and he's irresistible if not for himself.

I think something wonderful happens when Thai and Caucasion mix in a new child, but that's just me. I think some Thai women think so too.

But I think in the end you're right. The Thai woman chose a taller farang with a few dollars and not for real love. The ice is thin for the farang.

I am not saying its all about looks, dressing well does not mean you have to be handsome. Communicating, ugly guys can do that too, finding things you both like instead of making her like and do what you want. Normal stuff that girls like and would have landed you a girl back home will land you a girl here too.

However here money can compensate for all that but then she is not into you but in your money. There are many guys out here who could not hold a relationship back home because they are too selfish or stupid to realize about those normal things.

Age also plays a factor, not only in looks but also in the common grounds and doing things you both like.

But these guys are not the beer belly chugging chang singlets wearing beer guzzling ogers

Who cares if a guy, or a lady for that matter, has a few extra pounds, likes wearing a vest and has a beer every now and then ? As long as the couple in question are happy then thats alright with me thumbsup.gif

The part about the lady having a few extra pounds.. hahahaha guys don't go for that here also the age gap never works the other way around here.

But you are right if they are happy, and it was not about looks here, trying to paint a picture of a certain kind of foreigner. I am known to wear a vest too at times mostly when working out but other times too. But this was not about that, it was about a certain kind of.. ogre type you know. No looks, no social skills ect.

"Why Are Men So Dumb Regarding Women?"

God gave men 2 heads but not enough blood to use both at the same time, methinks!

You beat me to it. I was going to post the same thing and it would be funny if it wasn't so true

I like that.

If you're happy with your own life, you won't worry so much about the lives of others.

I know a guy in his seventies, just came over last week and already got a honey. I'm pretty sure he's sharp. He's allowing it to happen. In his mind, spending a lot of money and having a "girlfriend," is better than spending a lot of money and bar girling.

I can't make a perfectly accurate scientific assesment but I would venture to say the threads talking about all the people the OP is reffering to outnumber the threads of people actually complaing about what the Op is talking about is something like 100 to 1

The threads about " all those other guys" also outnumber any actual 1st person stories about 200 to 1

I hear a lot from people talking about all these downtrodden people but I hear next to nothing from the actual downtrodden people themselves ....... My point is most of the posts are like yours , very few are like what you are claiming they are like.

If TV had a policy that you could only respond to people making posts about their downtrodden personal stories , rather than people bringing it up all the time due to the LACK of these stories , they would pretty much dissapear.

If there were really that many stories to chose from you would be on those threads asking your question to them ... your asking your question here because their are NOT a lot of those stories not because their are.

Edited by MrRealDeal
  • Like 1