Investment Funds Available

I know an entrepreneur ( old school friend ) who has funds available to invest in a good business venture in Thailand- if anyone has a business idea and needs funds pls let me know- a full business plan would be required.

Pls also note Background checks (criminal and other reference checks ) would be undertaken on any potential recipient.

Is your wealthy old school friend literate and can not post himself.

This post sounds like a similar one from late last year, a dreamer Walter Mitty. Jim

Generally people who are actually wealthy don't have time to scour online forums- but we both know that wink.png

This post sounds like a similar one from late last year, a dreamer Walter Mitty. Jim

Generally people who are actually wealthy don't have time to scour online forums- but we both know that wink.png

No, didn't know that, would have thought if you are wealthy you would have all the time in the world to scour on line. No need to work.

Police checks, please pull the other one. Jim

Generally very wealthy people actively shun these things. Wealthy people like to look after their investments and this just gives them another job. If it goes sour it might give them legal hassles. They tend to invest in things that are already professionally managed and regulated, such as stocks, bonds, private equity funds and so on. I do know of them to buy real estate, especially bare land which needs little management.

If they are already in a particular business they love the way Donald Trump is in real estate, then they can buy more real estate because their management team is in place.

To invest in something entirely foreign in both ways, would really surprise me unless (no insinuation here) they had money to launder.

• Like 1

No, didn't know that, would have thought if you are wealthy you would have all the time in the world to scour on line. No need to work.

Background checks are standard for any significant investment - odd that you would think that's odd.

Anyway Jim, don't take it personally: I didn't set up this thread as a personal slight to you and I'm sure your concerns and suspicions are noted by all (and always good to be suspicious about farang 'entrepreneurs' in thailand too, i agree!)

I have had a number of private PMs on this issue for whats its worth.

Edited by ExpatJ

They would have all the time in the world to hang out on the internet if it weren't for the fact that their are a million more fun things to do and they can afford to do them all but don't have time to do them all.
  • Like 1

Background checks are standard for any significant investment - odd that you would think that's odd.

Anyway Jim, don't take it personally: I didn't set up this thread as a personal slight to you and I'm sure your concerns and suspicions are noted by all (and always good to be suspicious about farang 'entrepreneurs' in thailand too, i agree!)

I have had a number of private PMs on this issue for whats its worth.

You may be genuine and I may just be a skeptical, but seen many of these type posts on various forums. Even responded myself to a few.

Get e mails from all over the world on a regular basis, looking at doing this or that etc, buying off me, investing, some talking millions of $ US. In 10 years not one turned out to be real, all were just dreamers living a fantasy on the net and some were just conmen trying to make a score.

Best of luck if you are for real. Jim

• Like 1

Yeah I do, but I am too gutless and lazy (in the amount of work required) to take it on myself. Likewise wouldn't be giving it away verbally nor via a business plan either as after that I'm not really perceived as being needed am I? That aside to generate an idea into a fully costed and reserched buinsess plan is no small underaking. Then again there is still the issue of minority ownership of any business you finance and build that could walk away from you with as little as a Khop Khun Maak sucker.

Not everyone has achieved wealth through brilliant business acumen, there are inheritances, lotteries, embezzlement etc. So don't see it as iimpossinble that someone with some money is looking for ideas. Perhaps the criminal checks should run both ways to satisfy both parties that neither has been caught before, plus a very one sided way to start a business relationship. All sounds very amateurish to me.

• Like 1

"Background checks (criminal and other reference checks ) would be undertaken on any potential recipient."

Ridiculous statement.

Funding provided by your Angel investor must be capitalisation of an entity. The nature of that entity, be it company, or otherwise, will require a number of people in fiduciary roles, and some of them are likely to be Thai.

However, if your friend wishes to keep things simple, my girl is happy to accept investment funds directly into her bank Kasikorn account...in the wake of her emailing you a business plan of course...

• Like 2

Just to clarify a few points- the amount involved is not large for my friend (up to 200,000 USD)- he can easily afford to lose it though to many here, including me, it is a big amount of course; he trusts me; he is interested in particular to buy into a restaurant (since he has invested in other restaurants elsewhere in the world). Regarding background checks- he is happy to have them go both ways- no problem.

Been very illuminating- lots of public, somewhat bitter, posts and private PMs from people who clearly have their head together and just want to get things done. World of difference between the two groups - and I think its fairly easy to say which group are successful in life and which are not.

Edited by ExpatJ

The original post seems the opposite side of the same coin ... from previous posts by others that ask .... ok ..." i want to come to thailand and work and make lots of money ... what can i do?"thumbsup.gif

With this post you are asking for a detailed business plan which makes the author redundant. And background checks etc is a source of new money if sold to identity theft dudes.whistling.gif

Cool.wai.gif