Brit Knife Terror On Thailand Death Isle

Carmine why not name that company and save visitors an unexpected bill, never heard of the 75% thing before, my insurance pays 100% without any quibbles.

Does that mean that your insurance company is better? Up until now your company has paid all your bills without a quibble. Well good luck to you and i hope that continues but only the future will tell. Does it mean that a company that won't pay all BKK Samui's hopelessly loaded bill a bad company? No. It just means they are not stupid. If you do your homework maybe you would find benefits in using that company regardless of the 25%, i don't know so just do some homework rather than just discarding them

My advice to people would be to take due diligence in choosing which health insurance company to choose as one might suit your individual circumstances more that another. i would also advise people generally to use Bangkok Samui hospital only when absolutely necessary because insurance companies don't like being ripped off any more than any of you do.

My concern was that people may not be aware that such companies exist as the standard insurance norm it to get a policy and pay your excess for any claims, if you want a bespoke policy that suits your individual circumstances that's fine but remember also some of us have our health insurance paid for by our companies which is comprehensive and covers all eventualities including cancer, I've read it cover to cover as I realise just how important good cover is, no need to do my homework it's already been done!

If it is non emergency I phone up and they recommend a place to go on their list of recommended hospitals, surgeons advisors... if I do end up in a duff private hospital through no fault of my own ie turning up unconcious they make arrangements to get me transferred to one of their recommended hospitals.

All good insurance companies do this.

I can only assume your point of view is from someone who presents a bill to the insurance after having had treatment and not bothered to contact their insurers before hand, which is like having a car crash fixing your car and yourself then presenting your car insurers with a bill, doesn't make any sense to me you always contact them first, anyway different strokes for different folks i guess.