Chevolet Trailblazer

Mobaan

Price-wise, it's right up at Fortuner type levels as the 2.5L isn't available with AT.

The 2.8L engine is a bit of a tractor donk - lots noiser than the Fortuner 3.0L and still a little noisier than the PJS 2.5L and Fortuner 2.5L, and not as grunty as the paper specs imply..

On the road it drives well enough - not as outright quick as the PJS, and low-down turbo lag makes it feel slower than the Fortuner 3.0L off the line, even though they both feel about the same once on the go.

Suspension tune is perhaps a little more biased towards handling than comfort, but overall comfort levels are pretty close between the top 3 (Fortuner, PJS and TB).

Rear disc brakes look much better than the competition on paper, but don't make for noticeably better stopping distances on the drives I've had.

Interior design is a personal thing (I dislike it, others don't mind it), but the plastics quality is pretty low grade no matter which way you swing. Interior packaging is well executed though with flat-folding rear chairs, so better than the Fortuner in this regard, and a smidgen better than the PJS.

Value for money wise, it's closer to the Fortuner than the PJS - with the latter offering the most for your money (well, in the absence of the MU-7 in the comparison that is).

Definitely worth a good look over and a test drive, but not a standout in the segment / at it's price, IMHO.

Edited by IMHO

As IMHO implies, to get any of the better features you have to go right up the model range. To even get the 2.8 engine, automatic transmission, and leather interior you have to go for the LTZ or LTZ1 models, which are in the area of 1.4 to 1.5 million baht.

While the third row accomodation is reputed to be better than the opposition, the rather awkward rear end styling limits outward visibility so probably not a great place to be. If you don't carry passengers back there often maybe it is not an issue, but as I do on a regular basis that would be a consideration for me.

Whilst the second and third row seats are said to fold flat, they appear to fold flat about 8-10 cm above the floor of the car which raises the floor and takes up a little space.

Seems to get OK reviews in most media reports with the exception of the noisy engine, ride, and interior quality. Still worth considering if you are in the market.

I bought a near new ford everest for 880.000 baht and very happy with it. If you need to load big items inside its perfect for that as rear seats easily come out and middle seats fold fully forward.

Im 6'2 tall and seat position is alot better for me than the pajero, although i didnt try fortuner or trailblazer.

Nway its another model to consider. Im pretty sure the new model based on the ranver wont be out until 2014 despite what every1 will tell you on here.

If your try the chevrolet chonburi dealer ask for Suchee, shes a good friend and will serve you well.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

I bought a Trailblazer (top version) and it's my first truck-based SUV. I bought it because I need space, lots of space, for 6 people, baby stroller, and luggage. The Chevy does it, but only just. When all seats are up, the trunk space is not that big anymore, but still bigger than any other 3-row SUV I have seen. Unfortunately the 3rd-row seats down fold down completely, so it's a bit cumbersome to load the luggage on top of the folded seats. I have seen better systems.

The interior is OK, radio, DVD, SatNav, but curiously lacks a clock. On the other hand the radio unit has USB and iPod ports. The aircon is powerful and has extra controls for the rear seats.

The engine...ah well ... it is a truck. And you can hear it. Very loud. The power is decent and the torque ample at the low end. I am just back from Kho Chang with its steep up and down hill roads. No problem for the Chevy with 6 people aboard.

Mileage is acceptable, to Kho Chang and back to Bangkok an average of 8.8 liters per 100 km.

Would I buy it again? Yes, unless some new, better product comes to the Thai market. Less noisy and totally folding-down 3rd row seats.

When all seats are up, the trunk space is not that big anymore, but still bigger than any other 3-row SUV I have seen.

Well, you didn't look at the MU-7 or Everest then, but that's OK - they are badly aged and easily forgettable :D

The mu7 has even worse folding seats. Yeah the everest is an old model but i prefer that shape and look, being quite square once all the back seats are out and folded the area inside is nice and equal for loading things inside. Ive had some big items in there.

Engine is smooth, powerful and not very noisy.

Negatives is the usb port has to be installed seperately even though it has a usb setting in the nav system.

Averages around 500-550km per full tank of diesel (1800 baht), for normal driving. not sure how that compares to others though.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App