Yingluck: 2006 Military Coup Makes Country Lose Opportunities; Thus Amendment Needed

webfact

Infamous declaration? What is infamous about it? Some peoples imagination.........

No, I am quite aware of the quote, it's how it is interpreted by most posters on here that I have a problem with. A clone generally is regarded as being cells that are identical. OK take the cell bit with a pinch of salt as Thaksin clearly didn't mean that, but he did mean (and said) that he and his sister were very close and that he was responsible for her upbringing, from your link;

Yingluck: “We are a very close family.”

Thaksin described Yingluck as “not my nominee but my clone"

Thaksin: “I raised her like my eldest daughter because mom passed away when she was young,”

The quote has been distorted on numerous occasions on here as implying that Thaksin is using Yingluck as a proxy. There a world of difference between someone describing someone else as their clone (being the same as) and proxy (acting on behalf of) but I guess you and all the other posters knew that already.

And I'll be another one that obviously interprets things incorrectly according to you.

I believe a "clone" is an "exact" copy . . . therefore, to me, when he talks about his sister being a "clone", I interpret that as his sister (perhaps not looking exactly like him) but doing and thinking exactly as he does, i.e. she is doing exactly what big brother himself would do.

If you interpret it slightly differently (by assuming perhaps that his English language skills are not 100%) then I also think he did mean as a "proxy" . . . she is doing what she is told to do, no independent thoughts or actions on her part, just what big brother tells her to do.

Will you accept that words in english can have a different intepretation depending upon how they are used in a sentence and the sentences that precede and come after the statement of those words can change the meaning as well - it's called context. It's no good just quoting a definition from a dictionary, and then say that is what was meant.

That is why context is important - look at the group of sentences around which the statement is made - CONTEXT.

Thanks muttley, but I really don't need any explanation in the use of the English language. My education is more than sufficient to understand what context is.

As to the actual quote, don't take that in isolation, but rather join it with all the other information we know such as "Thaksin thinks, PT acts" and you'll get a better idea of how big brother thinks. Another interesting piece is the Forbes Q&A. Unmitigated arrogance.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks muttley, but I really don't need any explanation in the use of the English language. My education is more than sufficient to understand what context is.

As to the actual quote, don't take that in isolation, but rather join it with all the other information we know such as "Thaksin thinks, PT acts" and you'll get a better idea of how big brother thinks. Another interesting piece is the Forbes Q&A. Unmitigated arrogance.

I don't know, you still seem to be having difficulty.

You cannot join the actual quote at the time with a quote made much after the event to "get a better idea of how big brother thinks" because those two statements are necessarily in isolation of each other due to the very nature of time.

Edited by muttley
  • Like 1

You cannot join the actual quote at the time with a quote made much after the event to "get a better idea of how big brother thinks" because those two statements are necessarily in isolation of each other due to the very nature of time.

LMAO, what a load of crap you talk cheesy.gif

To "understand" someone or something, you take into account "all" information available, not just one isolated piece. It all interconnects to create a "whole".

""Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts" is the selling point in the opposition Puea Thai Party's election campaign".

Seems its very explict, if you vote for the PTP you will get Thaksin as leader who makes the decisions, and the party will do his bidding and carry them out.

"Thaksin has made no secret of his ties to the party, which has used the slogan "Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts" to re-energize the billionaire's supporters"

Thaksin isnt denying it.

But the honeymoon might not last much longer and the reason for that lies with her brother.........“She came into politics at a difficult time. She’s managed pretty well, considering what she’s been up against,” said a Western diplomat in Bangkok. “But no one is in any doubt that Thaksin is in charge.”........“She’s followed her plan: ‘Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai does’,” he said, citing a party slogan in last year’s election.” http://www.firstpost...-pm-366129.html

Western Diplomats and Yingluck all know and dont deny it, hell we all know it. So why do you try to insult our intellegence with the lie that it isnt true?

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

This is hilarious. Thailand is just a great big cash cow managed by a few immoral families/institutions that have zero interest in anything (international opinion, Thais) other than lining their own pockets and will go to extraordinary lengths to achieve it simply because they can.

• Like 1

This is hilarious. Thailand is just a great big cash cow managed by a few immoral families/institutions that have zero interest in anything (international opinion, Thais) other than lining their own pockets and will go to extraordinary lengths to achieve it simply because they can.

Nice to see someone who sees things as they really are here clap2.gif

Foreigners lack acceptance of a country ruled by incompetence which allow there supporters to behave like thugs to threaten people who don't agree with them and the judiciary. This amendment is needed because your brother says so, nothing more nothing less. Only the reds would believe your BS or rather they don't care. Everyone else knows otherwise.

Nail on the head.