91 Benzine Gone Already?

illy

that looks good! yes i have bought from red baron before. i too have a kawa 650.[ninja] it really does not run well on gasohol even 95.

Just curious but when you say your 650 does not run well on gasohol 95 what are your symptoms?

Also is your 650 stock, still have the cat converter etc or aftermarket exhaust, etc?

I have a stock ER6N and it runs fine on gasohol 95.

So does my N250 & Wave so I was curious what he was seeing as a problem/symptom

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks good! yes i have bought from red baron before. i too have a kawa 650.[ninja] it really does not run well on gasohol even 95.

Just curious but when you say your 650 does not run well on gasohol 95 what are your symptoms?

Also is your 650 stock, still have the cat converter etc or aftermarket exhaust, etc?

its stock. 2009 model ninja 650F.

on 95 gasohol [shell] it seems sluggish and tends misfire /hesitate a little bit at lower revs. when i run it on 91 benzine i usually put a small amount of octane boost in the tank each time and runs way better. i also use a product like the motul one you suggested [made by wynns] at regular intervals but i have to get that from australia.

i also have a honda cbr600rr back in australia [ i go back just 2 months of the year] i run that on 98 benzine. when i am forced,by lack of stations in country areas having 98, to use 91 or 95 E10/20 [ethanol/gasohol] it also runs very badly so i always stick to 98 where possible.

on 95 gasohol [shell] it seems sluggish and tends misfire /hesitate a little bit at lower revs. when i run it on 91 benzine i usually put a small amount of octane boost in the tank each time and runs way better. i also use a product like the motul one you suggested [made by wynns] at regular intervals but i have to get that from australia.

i also have a honda cbr600rr back in australia [ i go back just 2 months of the year] i run that on 98 benzine. when i am forced,by lack of stations in country areas having 98, to use 91 or 95 E10/20 [ethanol/gasohol] it also runs very badly so i always stick to 98 where possible.

Sounds like it needs to go on the diagnostics.

Wow i ran my cbr600rr on 87 / 10% ethanol in the usa and never had a issue

Getting my bike This friday, really confused by the amount of fuel I have seen on some stations specially PTT, 2 types of 91 and 2 types of 95. Everything is written in Thai so I have no flipping idea which one is gasohol which one is benzine.

Getting my bike This friday, really confused by the amount of fuel I have seen on some stations specially PTT, 2 types of 91 and 2 types of 95. Everything is written in Thai so I have no flipping idea which one is gasohol which one is benzine.

You can just ask

All the workers understand benzine & gasohol

So if you can say gasohol gaow hah you will get gasohol 95

Benzine gaow hah you get benzine 95

Sorry I dont know how to spell Thai in English smile.png

Usually the orange pump is gasohol 95 but not always smile.png I see Caltex uses blue for theirs but I think everyone else uses orange

Same for the other types they usually all use the same color for types.

But I have had no problems for 7 months running gasohol 95 in a Wave 125i

Also since new my Ninja 250 runs fine on gasohol 95 also

Edited by mania

You can just ask

Usually the orange pump is gasohol 95 but not always smile.png I see Caltex uses blue for theirs but I think everyone else uses orange

Thanks, yeah honda shop said it would be ok to run gasohol, is there no damage to the engine components using it?

Also did even notice up country in some soys they have machines with 91 benzine to fill in bikes using 10 BHT coins:) I know its horrible the amount of coins needed for a 15 litre tank.

I wonder is anyone will start smuggling 91 from across borders or any other solutions, seems like an area for business there.

You can just ask

Well if there are two @ 91 & two @ 95 the cheaper will be gasohol. Around here benzine is red and gasohol is green. Diesel blue but colors change with brand.

Edited by yankee99

You can just ask

Thanks, yeah honda shop said it would be ok to run gasohol, is there no damage to the engine components using it?

Also did even notice up country in some soys they have machines with 91 benzine to fill in bikes using 10 BHT coins:) I know its horrible the amount of coins needed for a 15 litre tank.

I wonder is anyone will start smuggling 91 from across borders or any other solutions, seems like an area for business there.

Go by what it says on your bike, if it says E10 there will be no problems using it, be careful what the dealer tells you to use, in the case of the Z1000 dealer told my friend it is okay to use Benzine 91 the bike says to use 95 Benzine or 95 Gasohol, the bike probably does run okay on 91, but should you ever have a problem with the engine which is caused by using incorrect fuel the dealer will backtrack as to what he told you!!

Edited by dogpoo

ptt in ban chang have said they will no longer stock 91. they seem to think it will happen nationwide. caltex in pattaya also said they will get no more 91, but they said they will continue to stock 95 which is what my ducati needs

are you running your ducati on 95 benzine or 95 gasohol?

95 petrol (Benzine) when I can get it or 91 petrol (Benzine). The ethanol in the gasohol rots the plastic tank. Ducati Pattaya said don't use gasohol.

You can just ask

Well if there are two @ 91 & two @ 95 the cheaper will be gasohol. Around here benzine is red and gasohol is green. Diesel blue but colors change with brand.

At the Caltex Sukhumvit Rd Pattaya near Tesco Lotus the Red 91 is now gasahol. Yer, I was p1ssed off too when I saw that.

You can just ask

Go by what it says on your bike, if it says E10 there will be no problems using it, be careful what the dealer tells you to use, in the case of the Z1000 dealer told my friend it is okay to use Benzine 91 the bike says to use 95 Benzine or 95 Gasohol, the bike probably does run okay on 91, but should you ever have a problem with the engine which is caused by using incorrect fuel the dealer will backtrack as to what he told you!!

Gonna pick it up in a few days, busy with work. Talk said 91, but I will check. Thanks for the info btw anyone adds a few drops of anything into their tank?

Sounds like it needs to go on the diagnostics.

kawasaki phuket dont seem to know much about diagnostics they cant even get the right amount of oil in at service intervals!

I used to buy 60 litre drums of toluene based paint thinners when we had the panel shop in the shed behind our families garage. Where is the best place to buy toluene based paint thinners in Pattaya? I ask as it necessary to clean my paint brushes thoroughly after I use them. biggrin.png

@Illy: pray tell the story - what was wrong with an oil change at Kawa Phuket?

Sent from my Desire HD using Thaivisa Connect App

just the usual under or over filling, got to check everything yourself and they are hopeless at doing almost anything that is outside the 'service book' stuff. such as a sticking rear brake problem i keep having..they just dont understand i think.

I discussed this with a few Thai workmates today, to the best of their knowledge the supply has been cut off so the gas stations are selling whatever they have left and then it's GoodNight Irene...

Just to clarify, this is Huggy Bear style 'word on the street' so no, I dont have any links...

They reckon this decision might be reversed when people start to complain, but TIT so who knows?

@Illy: pray tell the story - what was wrong with an oil change at Kawa Phuket?

Sent from my Desire HD using Thaivisa Connect App

just the usual under or over filling, got to check everything yourself and they are hopeless at doing almost anything that is outside the 'service book' stuff. such as a sticking rear brake problem i keep having..they just dont understand i think.

yamaha main dealer on dindeang rd filled up my cvt oil today WITHOUT a funnell and spilled quite a puddle of it on the floor

those small bottles dont hold much anyway so i dont know if i have less oil than im supposed to have in the transmission

because im sure the manual doesnt allow for half a bottle to end up on the floor ......

also they changed the brake pads but failed to adjust the cables for the new pads so i had to do that myself when i got home to get brakes that worked

+ changed the oil but not the filter ................., as usual no torque wrenches to tighten my brakes back onto the discs and the oil sump plug was given a 1/4 of a turn to tighten ,no new ruber washer /gasket was used either

id complain but not likely teenage mechanics would listen to a farang who thinks he knows better then they who do it all day everyday ........

Today at honda bigwing bkk, they told me to use 91 and 95 gasohol and highly recommend me to use 95 gasohol only and never real benzyne.

I do not know why? As normally real benzyne has better burn.

It does not sound reasonable for me.

Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

whats is say on the tank or in the manual? I wouldnt worry about 91benzine as thats going be gone gone gone!

"id complain but not likely teenage mechanics would listen to a farang who thinks he knows better then they who do it all day everyday ........"

Make mistakes all day everyday? Not unusual. I think they would appreciate a farang passing on his worldy experiences so they can add to their list of things to blame when something goes wrong!

Maybe that's a bit harsh as I have never had a dealership problem. BQick on the other hand....................

Ditto, just came back from a run from Bangkok through Loei to Nong Khai, and benzine was everywhere OUTSIDE of Bangkok. Actually sitting right now trying to think of where to go around Onnut to fill up one of my bikes on benzine. It is disapearing fast here, but still everywhere outside the city.

There is a PTT station just past Sukhumvit 62, at Bang Chak, still has it too.

I don't think that PTT has it anymore

They did on Saturday when I filled up my tank.

Hey I went by again yesterday. They don't have benzine. They have 91 and 95 gasohol only, no benzine at all. The Petronas across the street is the same.

I must be lucky, there's at least 4 within a stones throw of my house here on the outskirts of Bangkok (lad Krabang) two of which sell Benzine95 the others Benzine91.

Don't let Shell fob you off with their V-Power / Nitro crap, it's Gasohol too.

My Yamaha Elegance can use gasohol with no problem. I do not notice any difference in performance. My Ford Focus needs 95 octane or E20. That is usually more of a problem than finding regular 91 gasoline. (So far).

I just bought a new 5,000 watt generator and the manual says gasohol (ethanol) may cause performance problems but it did not mention that it would cause any damage. It does warn that more than 5 percent methanol may damage metal, rubber and plastic parts of the fuel system. As far as I know, gasohol here in Thailand is blended with ethanol (grain) alcohol and not methanol (wood alcohol).

It looks like it's gone here in Buriram province as well, at the local PT station in Nang Rong the 2 Benzine 91 pumps were replaced by Benzine 95 ( red sign) there also selling gasohol 95.

I'm a bit surprised by this, is this a better ( higher octane) benzine? i never saw this benzine for sale at a PT station. according to the guy at the pump it's without alchohol, the price was 49,52 a liter.

When it would be "real" benzine 95 i'm happy ( much better for my 2T bikes)

Somebody can confirm this??

It looks like it's gone here in Buriram province as well, at the local PT station in Nang Rong the 2 Benzine 91 pumps were replaced by Benzine 95 ( red sign) there also selling gasohol 95.

I'm a bit surprised by this, is this a better ( higher octane) benzine? i never saw this benzine for sale at a PT station. according to the guy at the pump it's without alchohol, the price was 49,52 a liter.

When it would be "real" benzine 95 i'm happy ( much better for my 2T bikes)

Somebody can confirm this??

Last I pumped 95 benzine at a PTT the pump was yellow and it cost me about 46 baht per liter. Red is usually 91 benzine and cost about 43 a liter.