Two Phuket Locals Attacked By Russian Men In Surin

webfact

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, what normal business man or family man is out at 2 a.m. ?

I wait for more info. A group of Russians confronting a business couple without reason is most improbable.

Russian, attacking someone in the property business. By accident? Maybe!

Or the Russian guy was a bit drunk, and didn't realize, it was a girl, before he punched her?

It's not only PEGAS, doing business on Phuket!

I wait for more info. A group of Russians confronting a business couple without reason is most improbable.

I follow yousmile.png wait for more info...

What wrong most of the time at 2 or 3 AM is alcohol, not alcohol in itself, the way some people behave when they are under the influence, I am convince nobody was sober in this story, maybe it's the main and only problem!

No Russian mafia, no retaliation, but a single look, a misunderstood joke who knows?

Many men, even some "supposed to be respected one" after a few drinks could hardly support...let's say a single look at they girl friend or any talk on any tone from an outsider. In the "second version" the girl friend supposedly hit a Russian on the back of the head with a plastic bottle. OK not sure but could explain the inexplicable whistling.gif

Not to forget: Not always is the mouth of a (drunk?) lady very sweet!

Gawd nose..............oops knows.

Strange the police didn't hold them or maybe it's not? Perfectly possible the Ruskies had a different story to tell and as there were 2 parties involved it was a case of hold them all or release them, which is most likely I would have thought.

I

Or the Russian guy was a bit drunk, and didn't realize, it was a girl, before he punched her.

<deleted>? She looks like a pretty hot lady, feminine to my eye.. Not a Lezo Tom dreaming of a strap-on.

Why were the Russians released?.

So they released the names of the victims, but not the suspects. WOW, don't want to be a victim in Thailand do ya?!

Good Point

g.jpeg

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Sorry bloke, all of them if they've been doing successful business! Set upon by 4 drunken men, they should count themselves lucky it wasn't one of the Phuket mafia! thumbsup.giftongue.png

Russians (the organized variety)seem to be the new plague upon beach resorts everywhere.....was in Goa recently and they have taken over Anjuna and other northern beaches there,they even bring in their own stunning'taxi-girls' to service their own native cliental in their own brothels!

Property speculation is one of the major causes of disputes and even murders between foreigners in Thailand.

The whole lot of it is dodgy business. I would never have any dealings with real estate agents or condos in Thailand, or the people involved with these so-called businesses.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Not everyone is living in the 19th century. Try having fun and leave Victorian,prudish and judgmental attitudes where they belong.

wai2.gif Gentlemen, why torment poor Jeffrey again and again for a "clumsy" sentence, a little more and it will be1 post out 3 scolding cheesy.gif

Thai women can get very 'in your face' shrill very quickly. Am not making excuses for anyone in that altercation, but I've seen Thai women, on occassion, go ballistic in a micro-second, over the tiniest things which might relate to 'face.'

• Like 1

Another Phuket 'paper' has just published a statement from the Catch Bar's management in which they say that they look forward to Jen and Tom returning to the bar. That suggests that they were indeed innocent in the whole affair. The russians are also named in the article.

Another Phuket 'paper' has just published a statement from the Catch Bar's management in which they say that they look forward to Jen and Tom returning to the bar. That suggests that they were indeed innocent in the whole affair. The russians are also named in the article.

Or maybe the management knows Jen and Tom and doesn't know the Russians? Or maybe Jen and Tom are regulars and the Russians are not?

In Phuket and indeed Pattaya, there are foreigners that have fingers in many pies. Including real estate, estate management companies, insurance, agricultural, antiquities, jewellery dealing, bars, restaurants, massage parlours, cafes, coffee shops, guest houses, hotels, shops, motor vehicle hire, and of course not forgetting the old favourites, money currency schemes, drugs and prostitution.

Those who become involved should expect some flak, as they are playing a dangerous game. There will always be those trying to muscle in into their territory, especially where there are large amounts of money involved and also extremely risqué, if these money schemes just happen to be in direct competition with other foreign gangs or trending over some Thais turf.

Whoever decides to explore and delve into these dangerous occupations in Thailand, do so at their own risk and discretion.

May the best man win and good luck to all that sail in her. As for me, I prefer to be nondescript, live in peace here in Thailand and live to a ripe old age without giving my pension companies the satisfaction of cheating me out of my payments by getting bumped off before I have had the chance to claim my full pension contributions and entitlements.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Thai women can get very 'in your face' shrill very quickly. Am not making excuses for anyone in that altercation, but I've seen Thai women, on occassion, go ballistic in a micro-second, over the tiniest things which might relate to 'face.'

Possibly so. I also have seen some foreign men think any Thai woman they see is available...

Two Russians charged over beach assault; search on for two more suspects

Phuket Gazette -

PHUKET: Two out of the four Russian men who allegedly led an unprovoked attack on a well-known local couple at Catch Beach Club on Surin Beach have been charged with assault.

Phuket Police are still searching for the two other men.

Canadian Tom Travers, managing partner of Indigo Real Estate agency, was beaten unconscious and had his cheekbone broken in three places during the attack.

His girlfriend Jen Khamsorn suffered a broken nose when she was punched in the face.

Staff at the hotel, which the couple visits about once a week, explained to them that no CCTV footage exists of the altercation, because it happened in a blind spot.

Both have undergone corrective surgery at Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

“It was about 2:30am, when we were getting ready to leave the club… There were some guys hanging around. One of the guys was walking around the area with no shirt on. We had a feeling there was going to be trouble, so we wanted to get out of there,” Mr Travers told the Phuket Gazette on Wednesday.

“Jen paid the bill and we were about to leave, when I noticed one of the guys walked up to her. It looked like he was about to cause trouble. I stepped in front of her, trying to get her out of the area. Suddenly the man punched over my shoulder and hit Jen in the face,” he said.

Mr Travers had no idea why the men started attacking Ms Jen.

“I tried to stop them, but they all jumped on top of me and started to punch me. They knocked me to the ground and then kept beating me,” he explained.

“I’m so thankful for the staff at Catch for helping [me], because if they hadn’t, I did not know when the men would have stopped beating me,” he added.

Allegations have arisen that Ms Jen may have instigated the confrontation, though Mr Travers told the Gazette she only left his side that night when she went to pay a bar tab, “which only took about 30 seconds”.

“I did not hit them with the water bottle [as was alleged in the media],” Ms Jen told the Gazette. “That night I didn’t even drink water. How could I have a water bottle? I was with Tom the whole time and we weren’t anywhere close to those men, how could I attack him first?”

Both Ms Jen and Mr Travers recalled that one of the Russian men who assaulted them had gotten into an argument with a British man earlier in the evening.

“Before we left, I saw Tom went to off to say ‘hi’ to the British man and who had been in an argument with the Russians. After I finished paying our bill I walked back to Tom and told him it was time to go home – that’s when the man punched me in the face,” she said.

Ms Jen explained to the Gazette that a friend of the Russian men came to the police station to talk with her and negotiate the situation.

"He tried to compromise, but I didn’t listen to him,” she said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ects-19915.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-10

Why? Because one doesn't get arrested for "boxing" in Thailand. Assault is a farang concept. One can punch anybody else, then, make some lies at the police station that the violence was both ways and all what they do is to ask both parties to pay 1,000 THB. So, maybe the Russians knew that before, didn't like the business people for some reason and decided to teach them a lesson.

While it certainly used to be 1000THB for Farrang fighting that was a very long while ago. the BiB's caught on there was a lot more money to be made squeezing them under threat of prosecution.

In the site that shall not be mentioned is another story about this, and that other story sounds much more realistic.

Edit: there is now a new story on that site, very similar to the story in PG. I must say though the first story sounds much more realistic.

Does that mean, this guy is really 32 years old? Property business is aging business?