For The Birds !

samuijimmy

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-02-04 at 4:08 AM, jack2964 said:

Wow these guys are often perched up high in the canopies. Great capture!

There were actually four of them playing in the bushes, i guess they were a family with big chicks!

I only had 200 mm max zoom so couldn't get them closer although I cropped the picture! ; )

Plahgat

Nonetheless a very crisp shot!

I have a version 1 500/f4 IS sitting in my dry cabinet longing to be taken out but at my age I find it increasingly strenuous to lug this bazooka around. Instead I now prefer the light weight 400/5.6 for doing trails and a 300/2.8 for hide work.

If anyone is interested please PM me for the 500/4.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 10:43 AM, jack2964 said:

Nonetheless a very crisp shot!

I have a version 1 500/f4 IS sitting in my dry cabinet longing to be taken out but at my age I find it increasingly strenuous to lug this bazooka around. Instead I now prefer the light weight 400/5.6 for doing trails and a 300/2.8 for hide work.

If anyone is interested please PM me for the 500/4.

Same with me!  I have the 500 and it sits most of the time now. I am using a 400mm lens also.  

Damn gravity.... haha

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2013 at 11:12 PM, oilinki said:

UFO. Model and maker unknown.

Uh.. It's difficult to take pictures of the birds. I have an hawk close to my home. I can hear it's screams every day and every now and then see it fly between the trees. But to take an photo.. I'll try another 2 weeks :)

2013-01-12_17-48-18.jpg

Pacific Swallow. Pls forgive if already ID'd. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2017 at 7:33 AM, kgpr said:

2017-11-07%2007.31.57.jpg2017-11-07%2007.31.11.jpg

On 11/7/2017 at 7:35 AM, kgpr said:

Can anyone help me identify this one.Difficult to get a photo, it never stays still

Sent from my SM-N910C using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah it's a warbler and unlike The States where they were my passion...here they are frustratingly similar, especially when fresh or worn plumage can play a major factor. Range and season also come into play. Sometimes IMO unless an expert with bird-in-hand, impossible to ID with certainty.

Check out Dusky, Buff-throated, Yellow-streaked and Raddes for starters. Chok dee!

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2018 at 2:52 PM, Ron19 said:

A Willy Wagtail, only had a 18/55 lens on. No time to change and put the 75/330 on. Real pity, there were two and only 5 metres away.

Couldn't crop it down further, bad enough as it is.

DSC05444.JPG

On 2/26/2018 at 8:46 AM, AjarnNorth said:

Oriental Magpie-robin. One of the most common garden birds in Thailand so you should get another chance at better pics.

Yes...Oriental Magpie-robin. Similar in appearance to Oz's Willy Waggy, but 2 distinct and separate species. The scientific name of the Willy is Rhipidura leucophrys, while the Magpie-robin is Copsychus saularis. Despite the similar appearance, they are not closely related, if at all. 

• Like 1