For The Birds !

samuijimmy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Birds belong in the wild. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it.

If "set free", these birds would appear to be little more than great meals at this stage in their lives. I guess that is, indeed, part of the natural scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't usually travel for birds, but had some time off and decided to visit Laem Pak Bia - Pak Thale to see, one hopes, the Spoon-billed Sandpiper, as well as a number of other species here I have never seen. Arrived in Pak Thale with 90 mins of sunlight left and clocked three species new to me. Ruddy Shelduck (rare winter visitor) , Caspian Tern, Broad-billed Sandpiper. Looking forward to tomorrow. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AjarnNorth said:

Got the target species - Spoon-billed Sandpiper - morning and evening of 22 December. You need a lot of patience, a spotting scope or someone with a scope, and it helps if there is a friendly guide nearby happy to point out the bird and allow you to view it through his scope even though you are not part of his group or don't have any guide your self. So thanks to Mr. Joy for the help. 

SBSPevning2.jpg

SBSPevning1.jpg

NICE! ????

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know anything about birds.

So, I like to read what expert like you are saying and  writing and after I'm looking with Google some more informations.

Thanks to all of you .

• นกขุนแผนหัวแดง Red-headed Trogon in thai language :jap:

• Like 1