For The Birds !

samuijimmy

According to posts in Thai Bird Report (on facebook) Autumn migration is well underway with YR flycatchers already netted and ringed at Laem Phak Bia (Philip Round) and etc. So get your bins and cameras out and up those yard lists (or otherwise). 

My first winter visitors were a pair of Grey Wagtails in Kanchanaburi a couple weeks ago. They are among the earliest to arrive every year, apparently.

Edited by AjarnNorth
  • Like 1

What a difference a week can make. 7 days ago, no winter visitors in my Bangsaen patch. Yesterday evening, about 30 Pacific Golden Plovers, 50+ Lesser Sand Plover, some Red Shank, Green Shank, Long Toed Stint, and Chinese Pond Heron. Winter visitors all.

• Like 2

Interesting. I also saw a very large amount of Black-crowned Night Heron yesterday, almost all juveniles. Resident here so I see them throughout the year, but yesterday more than I had ever seen in one day. As for snipe, Pintail from Common for me was always made by call and the way they flushed.

Was out for a bit of fishing this morning and saw a single Grey wagtail feeding along a fast flowing stream.  Also a flock of about 10 Bee-eaters flew past overhead but couldn't  positively identify. My guess is Chestnut-headed Bee-eater as none had the central tail prong.  But still no sign of Black Drongoes nor Brown Shrike.

Edited by jack2964
incomplete name posted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At last a view albeit distant of an Ashy Drongo(light morph-salangensis) and no-less than 3 Taiga Flycatchers in the garden at Na Ngua Phetchabun. Several sightings of both male and female Pied Harriers too. Would like to share images but it won't let me upload!!

4 minutes ago, thetefldon said:

Would like to share images but it won't let me upload!!

Tech is working on the issue now.

If you resize your image to less than 195 kb you should be able to upload them.

Temporary fix I know... but better than nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Tech is working on the issue now.

If you resize your image to less than 195 kb you should be able to upload them.

Temporary fix I know... but better than nothing.

I thought it was just me!

I also couldn't land the forum for a few days. I cleared my caches and I was able to get back in.

Edited by Curt1591

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thetefldon said:

Another winter migrant this morning: Grey-faced Buzzard(juvenile) up here in northern Phetchabunimageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

Still can't upload image which is less than 195kb

Can you bring it down to less than 128kb for a tempory fix ?