Sunsets And Sunrises

Kan Win

Thanks a lot! Really would like to know how you manage to get this photo- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/824396-photoshopped-images-of-thailand/?p=9492321.Night shot and I don't see any noise and no lost colours..Miracle!

Nice question! Sony RX-100-II pocket camera(clean lense^^) mounted on a baby(pocket-)tripod which I mounted on the Doreamon table. ISO at 125 which lets in the least amount of noise in this light setting

Then aperture high at 9 because I really didn't want to focus on anything in particular but instead wanted to record the whole scene sharp to experience the ambiance I felt. Then I figured it would be cool to include light stripes from the cars so I recorded for 8 seconds after programming the shutter-delay at 2 seconds. I wasn't patient enough for that so instead I just made the shot to move on to the next spot.

After applying a mild HDR filter some lightroom PP to manualy manipulate the overall contrast-and-light-balance to the area's a computer/programm can never see or do automatically. I didn't alter sharpness and didn't need to reduce any kind of noise anywhere in the end.

It's so important to make the shot right at the scene. It's way more important the post processing.

• Like 2