Thai Girls And Their Pyjamas

rene123

Hi Rene,

Teenagers in England were doing this about 3 years ago. Groups of young girls going to the shopping mall in bright pyjamas. The 'craze' then moved North and caught up with the teenagers in Aberdeen about 2 years ago.

It looks ridiculous. Thank goodness that bunch have left high school and have grown out of it. The craze before that one was the neon coloured tutu's and leg warmers.

I don't know how the trend starts up but it only gets a short life. I think it's bonkers.

I see it every day here in Glasgow, I think it's ridiculous and the police agree, they have started issuing £60.00 fines to those wearing pj's in the street.

I think that's harsh, but I think it's just another dumbing down. Right, now I'm going to sound like my father..........

I reckon MTV and the like is making people infantile, the role models they put up are abysmal freaks.........the Osbornes with their dogs sh*tting all over their houses, airheads ( Paris Hilton ) all over the place and just complete nonentities queueing up for attention.

Okay.....I said it, I feel better now.

Flame away. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All to do with social values yes of course , nothing to do with white skin, not sure...

The proof is that for her motorbike my wife has a full faced helmet... for her safety... no for the sunclap2.gif

Does she use it, when she knows that you can't see her? rolleyes.gif

Even though she is from Isaan she is white like a Chinese...

...proud of it and won't let the sun spoiled her self esteem, with an out-of-place-horrendous-sun-tan.

nothing to do with me or not. sad.png

Its certainly been a fashion trend in Vietnam for decades, maybe its catching on in Thailand now.

Yes, I was in Vietnam about 3 months ago, and did notice the pj attire quite frequently. But it wasn't restricted to a certain age group.....there were teenagers (of course), mothers with young children, and older ladies that would make my grandma look young if she were still alive....but those I just thought normal.

It was the 20's to 40's that made me look twice.

Fashion......I've never understood it, and I never will! ....and I won't lose any sleep over it either.

Cheers.

Why do Thai girls wear all their clothing when swimming, while you wear almost nothing?

The answer, is of course, Thailand has different social customs to Canada.

Good point, but I understand the swimming thing. Thai women try to cover up as much as possible to stay as white as possible. They are also much more inhibited about their bodies than most western women.

Nothing to do with white skin, all to do with social values.

Nipples (nipple outlines) and shoulders should not be shown in public under any circumstances.

But you can show your legs right up to the butt cheeks.

All to do with social values yes of course , nothing to do with white skin, not sure...

The proof is that for her motorbike my wife has a full faced helmet... for her safety... no for the sunclap2.gif

Sun does not cause only skin darkened but wrinkles as well. I am not fair skin woman myself so I don't bother cover my skin to keep it light but really fear of wrinkles.

@rene123, I usually wear pijamas to shop especially at nigh time when I get hungry. Thais don't take it serious as long as you don't dress too open, otherwise, people will gossip behide you.

Edited by Nuna

What do they wear if they sleep in the buff?.

The bed covers - wrapped up in cocoon mode. Very difficult to get some naked snuggles. sad.png

On that subject I wouldn't know. I've never spent a night with a Thai women in her bedroom.

I don't mind WHAT people wear anywhere, but the women I saw were definitely wearing what appeared to be flannel or flannelette material with a pattern that looked exactly like my pyjamas back home in Canada. It just struck me as odd. Of course there are a lot of things that appear "odd" if you come from a western country to an Asian country. I'm sure those long silky looking, baggy pantaloons I see male back packers wearing are comfortable, but you would seldom (never?) see a guy wearing those things back home in Canada. In Thailand they might be perfectly practical. I was told by an old Vietnam war vet that he never wore underwear because it was too constricting and too hot in Asia. Yah, I know, the things you don't need to know about the opposite sex.

My brother in law drives around in his towel. Never figured that one out either.

That picture is stuck in my head, sbk and I had to laugh. Does he have anything on under the towel? laugh.png

I have never dared to ask.

YOu can think yourself lucky he wears a towel. Once it would be a leangth of thin cotton cloth wrapped round his wawste and if in public pulled up between his legs.

Its certainly been a fashion trend in Vietnam for decades, maybe its catching on in Thailand now

This just in ..................... biggrin.png

It used to be far more common in Thailand than today - in the 80 s the local upcountry market was full of them in the evening - in the morning - and districts of Bangkok too

But of course it was techincally illegal ..... back in Pibul Songhkrans day with his new thailand policies .... he had one FORBIDDING the wearing PJ's out in public as it was thought back then (1930's - 50's) as a chinese import and not a TRUE THAI TRADITION. And it was big time popular at the time.

that is all ...

Edited by LomSak27

Why do Thai girls wear their pyjamas out in public? In the past few days I’ve seen at least half a dozen young Thai women wearing what appear to be flannel pyjamas while out shopping or in Thai cafes. They usually have a jacket over top, but those are certainly what us Canadian gals would call night-time attire.I usually wear a nightie, but I have flannel pyjamas for when I’m camping in a tent and it’s cool at night. But, I certainly change to daytime attire when I get up. I certainly would never be found wearing pyjamas in public.

Because Thai girls aren't uptight like western women, that's why they are such great people, they wear what they want when they want, the way it should be, not like western women that take advice from a shallow Cleo magazine as to what to wear, when and where, truly sad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why do Thai girls wear their pyjamas out in public? In the past few days I’ve seen at least half a dozen young Thai women wearing what appear to be flannel pyjamas while out shopping or in Thai cafes. They usually have a jacket over top, but those are certainly what us Canadian gals would call night-time attire.I usually wear a nightie, but I have flannel pyjamas for when I’m camping in a tent and it’s cool at night. But, I certainly change to daytime attire when I get up. I certainly would never be found wearing pyjamas in public.

Because Thai girls aren't uptight like western women, that's why they are such great people, they wear what they want when they want, the way it should be, not like western women that take advice from a shallow Cleo magazine as to what to wear, when and where, truly sad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't see many Thai women wearing beach wear, Western women are hardly uptight.

Here the Cambodian women on short term work passes, wear pygamas because of limited resources to buy clothes and wash them. They have one set of clothes per day, which they don after an evening shower after work and dont shower or change until the following evening when they change back into the pjs that had been handwashed the previous evening and left out to dry. You dont often see the Thai girls in them, only real local to the home, never the older women.

My brother in law drives around in his towel. Never figured that one out either.

Is that like a Thai version of a flying carpet? giggle.gif

This pyjama trend is also alive and well in Australia.

Really? Not in Adelaide.

Doesn't surprise me; that town's a good decade behind the rest of the universe. I bet you're still on dial-up.

Sun does not cause only skin darkened but wrinkles as well. I am not fair skin woman myself so I don't bother cover my skin to keep it light but really fear of wrinkles.

Can't live without the sun, dear, in moderation. Great source of Vit D.

Is that like a Thai version of a flying carpet? giggle.gif

This pyjama trend is also alive and well in Australia.

Really? Not in Adelaide.

Doesn't surprise me; that town's a good decade behind the rest of the universe. I bet you're still on dial-up.

Dial up! Whats that? Where still on jungle drums blink.png

I thought it slightly strange to see my not unattractive, local Tesco Lotus Express manageress wearing her pyjamas, whilst sorting the work rotas with her staff in store yesterday.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app