The Most Beautiful And Meditative Temple In Thailand ?

You haven't found it until you've been to Wat Khao Kili Wot Got in Moo 8 of T. Ban Yeang, A. Nakhon Thai, Phitsanulok. It is a forest wat right on the top of a tree covered mountain studded with giant boulders. the monks live in little huts built on top of the boulders which are connected with a network of little bridges going from boulder to boulder. There are over 200 bridges. It makes me thin of some fantasy fairyland.

I have no idea where in the hell they got the money. But it is awesomely beautiful and quiet with tons of birds. The Abbot is a woodcarving artist and has carved all the Buddha and other images. If you can find it, you will be fed and welcomed to spend the night.

• Like 1

From what is shown in the video link above , I think Wat Umong in Chiang Mai is far superior. There are lakes with fish to feed, swans and ducks also to feed, a small zoo(forest animals roaming freeluy that the monks feed on a regular schedule). There are underground passageways that a very quiet and meditative besides the basic forest environment with reflective messages posted (some Buddhist thoughts , others from poets). I have never spent less that 4 hours there. In Bangkok, an escape from the city is Golden Mount-forest oasis in the city.

• Like 1

You haven't found it until you've been to Wat Khao Kili Wot Got in Moo 8 of T. Ban Yeang, A. Nakhon Thai, Phitsanulok. It is a forest wat right on the top of a tree covered mountain studded with giant boulders. the monks live in little huts built on top of the boulders which are connected with a network of little bridges going from boulder to boulder. There are over 200 bridges. It makes me thin of some fantasy fairyland.

I have no idea where in the hell they got the money. But it is awesomely beautiful and quiet with tons of birds. The Abbot is a woodcarving artist and has carved all the Buddha and other images. If you can find it, you will be fed and welcomed to spend the night.

Thanks for that I now really want to go - thanks for the heads up on my bucket list for sure !

From what is shown in the video link above , I think Wat Umong in Chiang Mai is far superior. There are lakes with fish to feed, swans and ducks also to feed, a small zoo(forest animals roaming freeluy that the monks feed on a regular schedule). There are underground passageways that a very quiet and meditative besides the basic forest environment with reflective messages posted (some Buddhist thoughts , others from poets). I have never spent less that 4 hours there. In Bangkok, an escape from the city is Golden Mount-forest oasis in the city.

Thanks for all the lovely replies keep em coming - another great one for my list.

This place sounds wonderful but I can't find any information on it anywhere or locate it on any map. Any chance you could provide more info/links so I can plan a visit. Thanks.

This place sounds wonderful but I can't find any information on it anywhere or locate it on any map. Any chance you could provide more info/links so I can plan a visit. Thanks.

Yes was thinking the same myself - google is not your friend in this instance - here's another one if you're ever down South in Hat Yai.

http://thebuddhasface.blogspot.com/2011/06/secret-thai-buddhist-temple-deep-in.html

Quiet and seldom visited , tranquil and calm