Bus Driver Accused Of Assaulting 7 Year Old Girl In Bus Toilet.

Lite Beer

You can marry a minor in Thailand... Section 1436 of the Thai Marriage Act. But this guy needs 'fixing' preferably by a vet, if guilty.

Not a 7 year old! Only if he has consent of both parents and pays the Khongman and sinsod is the marriage considered valid--and that is ONLY if the girl is over the age of 17. This practice is illegal even with consent if she is under 17 (in some cases 15). Either way, here are two scary words "Isaan Lawyer"

http://www.isaanlawyers.com/FAMILY%20LAW%20OF%20THAILAND.pdf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He is charged with raping a girl under 13 years old girl who was not his wife, regardless of whether it was with or without her consent." blink.png There is so much wrong with this statement, I don't know, where to begin!

Possibly mangled in translation, but sounds much like Oz's Statutory Rape law which makes consent of a minor irrelevant. The "not his wife" is a worry, but I understand that underage marriage is covered by a separate law.

When I've seen that law quoted before in the Thai press, it's normally something like "having sexual relations with someone under 16 years of age who isn't your wife regardless of consent", so the '13' is a probably a typo.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4919340

More here on Thai criminal law "...not yet over fifteen..." ie under 16.

http://pages.citebite.com/s9p3r0n6uvvt

http://www.thailandl...translation#276

Edited by katana

6 months old incident. No parents around to accompany the girl in to toilet. Sounds like a "sex deal for pay" gone sour. The bus driver didn't pay the agreed upon charges or the police didn't get their slice of the action. In any event it seems the deal went south. Too bad the poor little abused girls get caught in this type of parental consent and abuse. We will never know the true facts in this case or many others, but knowing what we know about THailand and everything being for sale, we know.

What a pathetic, Disgusting reply to this article! The little 7 year old girl was allegedly raped by a 34 year old man and you suggest it was a conspiracy between the parents, Police and the bus driver. What a round about way to give an excuse to an alleged rapist predator/pedaphile! Some posters on this forum seem to have no morals!

Again no defence of the man if he did do it, but............

There seems to me to be something strange about this whole episode.

I have been in bus toilets and know their size and what they are like and thinking back to those times I really cant see how a man, even a small one and a child of 7 could fit in there and if they did what he could do even with her consent.

If there was no consent then for sure she would have marks of a struggle on her and I would have thought, been yelling and screaming. However even with consent she is still under age and therefore it would still be rape.

Did she have marks on her, was she taken to a Dr, did anyone hear her call out?

There are other questions that come to mind like for instance: Did the family know the driver previously?

Also we have two headlines one says assult the other rape, while rape is certainly an assult, assult can be other than rape,

I presume that even in TL there needs to be proof to convict someone although for sure not on this forum.

Okay...granting that you are not "defending" the guy:

but the story would be different, if a 7 (in words SEVEN) year old kind consented with having sex with a previously known busdriver???

Noooo, of course not , as you say yourself. It would still be rape!

Then WHY THE H@LL DO YOU BRING IT UP?

The girl is SEVEN and if it was a case (as you imply) of child- prostitution (the parents knew the guy...maybe...possibly...) it is as bad or even worse....so does it really matter?

Have you ever seen a 7 year old Thai- girl? Forced into a bus- toilet by a fully grown man...how much of a fight, do you think that (most probably very frightened) girl, would be even possibly put up?

And why is that even a matter of speculation?

Guilty untill proven inocent right Doc?

No child prosition was implied nor did I have it in mind. If there was any a bus toilet I am sure would not the place chosen for it to take place.

If I have to spell it out I was thinking of some sort of coertion, something like a debt possibly and if so a sick way of making repayment.

You can marry a minor in Thailand... Section 1436 of the Thai Marriage Act. But this guy needs 'fixing' preferably by a vet, if guilty.

I'll happily volunteer for the job....must be an old rusty filleting knife around here somewhere

The first question I expected to see in the comments was: Where were her parents? Parents are charged with the responsibility of safeguarding the welfare of their children. It appears in many instances in Thailand that the mantra is: "I gave birth to her or she rode in on my sperm. What more do you expect from me?" How does a parent let a 7 year-old child ride alone on a bus, or for that matter leave her alone anywhere? And...I don't want to hear that this is a different culture and it is appropriate to allow this to happen. If it is appropriate in a culture, then that is a culture which condones rapists and pedophiles.

letting a 7 year old ride on a bus alone and somehow linking that to a culture that condones rapists and paedophiles is a very tenuous link at best

I think the reporting is so poor that it should have never been printed. This is an investigative item, and should have been investigated and a few more articles submitted into the report. What really confirms my notions about the idiotic, knee-jerk emotions of some posters are the blatant and absolutely unfounded convictions being laid out against this man. These idiotic remarks are a summary dismissal of the plethora of known sub-bestial behaviors which go on in the minds and actions of Thai mothers, Thai seven-year old children, Thai fathers, Thai guardians, Thai dogs, Thai teachers, Thai police, Thai strangers, etc.

There is no reason to comment on this man other than to say, "We'll see.", and after six months, nothing will come of it other than a bad case of indigestion.

maybe get a work permit and apply for an investigative journalists position....could be interesting work

The first question I expected to see in the comments was: Where were her parents? Parents are charged with the responsibility of safeguarding the welfare of their children. It appears in many instances in Thailand that the mantra is: "I gave birth to her or she rode in on my sperm. What more do you expect from me?" How does a parent let a 7 year-old child ride alone on a bus, or for that matter leave her alone anywhere? And...I don't want to hear that this is a different culture and it is appropriate to allow this to happen. If it is appropriate in a culture, then that is a culture which condones rapists and pedophiles.

If only it was like other countries (including yours no doubt) where children are never sexually assaulted or kidnapped or anything else...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Aaaaaaah...the usual apologist! Nice!

Unfortunately THIS article is not a bout a rape- case in "my country" but in the country I choose to live in.

So...I comment on IT and not thousands of other cases from other countries...and what part of that don't you understand?

NOOOOO the country you are allowed to live in

I have been in bus toilets and know their size and what they are like and thinking back to those times I really cant see how a man, even a small one and a child of 7 could fit in there and if they did what he could do even with her consent.

If there was no consent then for sure she would have marks of a struggle on her and I would have thought, been yelling and screaming. However even with consent she is still under age and therefore it would still be rape.

There are other questions that come to mind like for instance: Did the family know the driver previously?

Also we have two headlines one says assult the other rape, while rape is certainly an assult, assult can be other than rape,

I presume that even in TL there needs to be proof to convict someone although for sure not on this forum.

but the story would be different, if a 7 (in words SEVEN) year old kind consented with having sex with a previously known busdriver???

The girl is SEVEN and if it was a case (as you imply) of child- prostitution (the parents knew the guy...maybe...possibly...) it is as bad or even worse....so does it really matter?

Have you ever seen a 7 year old Thai- girl? Forced into a bus- toilet by a fully grown man...how much of a fight, do you think that (most probably very frightened) girl, would be even possibly put up?

Agreed!

No child prosition was implied nor did I have it in mind. If there was any a bus toilet I am sure would not the place chosen for it to take place.Now...tell me of an appropriate place for "it" to take place...

If I have to spell it out I was thinking of some sort of coertion, something like a debt possibly and if so a sick way of making repayment. Which would differ from prostitution in what way, exactly?

Again: 7 year old child!

In either which way this plays out...

bus driver : certainly 100% guilty and a sick pervert. No matter if he raped her or was accepting her as some kind of payment....

parents: if anyhow involved in condoning this- guilty!

But that really doesn't matter for HER, does it!?

Agreed!

No child prosition was implied nor did I have it in mind. If there was any a bus toilet I am sure would not the place chosen for it to take place.Now...tell me of an appropriate place for "it" to take place...

If I have to spell it out I was thinking of some sort of coertion, something like a debt possibly and if so a sick way of making repayment. Which would differ from prostitution in what way, exactly?

bus driver : certainly 100% guilty and a sick pervert. No matter if he raped her or was accepting her as some kind of payment....

Yes Doc you sure have got him guilty, without any more proof than a newspaper article and from such a distance from the event. A reincarnation of the hanging judge possibly.

Please try to think. If it was agreed prostitution surely it would take place in a private place not a public one. Which incidentaly has nothing to do with appropriate for as I have said before if he did it he deserves to go down.

Let me rephrase it: IF he did it, it absolutely doesn't matter WHY he did it!

If he raped her, if it was a child-prostitution case or whatever, he is guilty.

Even if the parents where involved, he is a sick bast@rd.

Of course, they have to go down with him.

...and I really wonder, where he was between July and now?! Probably not on his yearly vacation in Europe!

"He is charged with raping a girl under 13 years old girl who was not his wife, regardless of whether it was with or without her consent." blink.png There is so much wrong with this statement, I don't know, where to begin!

Possibly mangled in translation, but sounds much like Oz's Statutory Rape law which makes consent of a minor irrelevant. The "not his wife" is a worry, but I understand that underage marriage is covered by a separate law.

When I've seen that law quoted before in the Thai press, it's normally something like "having sexual relations with someone under 16 years of age who isn't your wife regardless of consent", so the '13' is a probably a typo.

Other countries have similar laws, but the wording is different, for example, in Australia it would have been worded something like 'having penetrating sex with a minor', but it is also age incremented, I think it starts with minor then minor under the age of thirteen, under the age of sixteen. The way the law is worded here is different, even disturbing to us who are from other countries, but it runs along the same lines as where we are from.

Edited by TomTao

Agreed!

It really depends on whether he DID it, doesn't it? How do you know he is 100% guilty - because you read it on the Internet?

A girl under the age of 13 and not his wife? How on earth do we untangle a situation like this? Is there a basic definition in Thailand of 'legal age' or would it be variable according to who is being prosecuted? It's a right mess.

Other countries have similar laws, but the wording is different, for example, in Australia it would have been worded something like 'having penetrating sex with a minor', but it is also age incremented, I think it starts with minor then minor under the age of thirteen, under the age of sixteen. The way the law is worded here is different, even disturbing to us who are from other countries, but it runs along the same lines as where we are from.

Yes, actually I think you're right on the increment thing. Reading more closely here it mentions 13 and 15 years old etc

http://www.thailandlawonline.com/laws-in-thailand/thailand-criminal-law-text-translation#276

I think the reporting is so poor that it should have never been printed. This is an investigative item, and should have been investigated and a few more articles submitted into the report. What really confirms my notions about the idiotic, knee-jerk emotions of some posters are the blatant and absolutely unfounded convictions being laid out against this man. These idiotic remarks are a summary dismissal of the plethora of known sub-bestial behaviors which go on in the minds and actions of Thai mothers, Thai seven-year old children, Thai fathers, Thai guardians, Thai dogs, Thai teachers, Thai police, Thai strangers, etc.

There is no reason to comment on this man other than to say, "We'll see.", and after six months, nothing will come of it other than a bad case of indigestion.

I find generally that if the article is short on detail, I come here to get the facts according to Thai visa, where I am lucky enough to also get a few ideas on punishment. I still don't know why the Thai justice system doesn't just run a television show where the victims give a version of events, the suspects are lined up and put on webcam so Thai visa members decide what actually happened, who did it and what the punishment shoud be.

It would save so much money....

• Like 1

I find generally that if the article is short on detail, I come here to get the facts according to Thai visa, where I am lucky enough to also get a few ideas on punishment. I still don't know why the Thai justice system doesn't just run a television show where the victims give a version of events, the suspects are lined up and put on webcam so Thai visa members decide what actually happened, who did it and what the punishment shoud be.

Excellent post.

(No like button on this app)

If it is proven that he committed this sick offence then he should be locked away for the rest of his life, people who prey on young children have no place in society.

big #IF#

IF it the offence is proved, then yes I agree! Show no mercy, I would join the "hang 'em high club".

#BUT# I would need to see solid evidence or a non-coerced confession first.

• Like 1

If only it was like other countries (including yours no doubt) where children are never sexually assaulted or kidnapped or anything else...

Aaaaaaah...the usual apologist! Nice!

Unfortunately THIS article is not a bout a rape- case in "my country" but in the country I choose to live in.

So...I comment on IT and not thousands of other cases from other countries...and what part of that don't you understand?

NOOOOO the country you are allowed to live in

I think you'll find that foreigners are not forced to come here so whilst a visa is required, that only applies after a choice has been made.

That is a great idea!!! The Thai justice system is not doing such a good job, maybe a change is in order...cheesy.gif

I have noticed on nearly all news stories they are a bit skimpy on facts. Think that is due to either to really poor

reporting, or by design. Meaning if the actual facts of a story are fuzzy, then it becomes a bit like a fish in muddy

water. Easy for it slip away.....