Change Surname

rin0000

Hi their , I would like to change my son surname to use mine( surname after married ) as my son will come and live with me in uk so I though its would easier if we all have the same surname (I'm married to uk man and I'm now British citizenship) so just wonder if my son allow to use my husband's name or my son only allow to change to my previous name( before marry)

Any body experiences about this please help would be very much appreciated thank you

It should be possible, providing he is the child of your now husband and mentioned as such on the birth certificate.

If not, it might be difficult as Thai law states that a name must have a meaning in Thai. (But some amphurs will allow it anyway, others not). For children of foreigners an exception is made.

Hi, thanks for reply, my husband he is not a father of my son, so I guess on this case I need to ask the amper where my son live now if he able to or not right?

Ask them if they will allow it, but the law says he can't use your husband's name. So prepare for a "no" and hope for a "yes"

• Like 1