Dtac Phone Tip

pomchop

If you use DTAC but leave Thailand for months at a time but don't want to lose your telephone number or just keep adding more and more baht/time did you know that you can go to any DTAC office and they will extend your telephone number expiration date for only two baht a month??

Just learned this yesterday and extended my number for one year for 24 baht...they punch in some codes and it deducts the 24 baht from your balance...not sure max number you can do but one year was no problem at all...took about five minutes or less.

You don't have to go to a DTAC Shop, you can do it yourself:

Extend Validity Press : *113*[number of days 30/90/180]*9# send Example: *113*180*9# send for 180 day extension. 2 Baht per month.

More codes here:

http://thaiprepaidcard.com/2009/keypress-codes/

Thanks for that. How many years did i just keep adding more baht to extend my telephone number even when i didn't need or want any more baht credits...duh...all i had to do was ask.

You don't have to go to a DTAC Shop, you can do it yourself:

Extend Validity – Press : *113*[number of days 30/90/180]*9# send Example: *113*180*9# send for 180 day extension. 2 Baht per month.

More codes here:

http://thaiprepaidca...keypress-codes/

Does anybody know if AIS has a similar option??

There was a recent thread on this if you want to search for it but basically AIS charge you 30 baht per month to extend the validity - there is a code you can dial but not sure (cannot remember) if you can do multiple months or you need to ring their call centre. The 30 baht includes free local calls to the value of for the first 5 days.

Edit - have look at the last entry for 12Call in the link that MJCM posted.

Edited by topt

Just some DTAC/Happy specific comments:

- be careful as most service providers do have usage requirements. In the past they may not have enforced these but with the shortage of numbers there may be a short-term need to re-cycle numbers. Example:

The users agree to use this service by making a call (only charged call) or making the minimum refill for every 90 day. In case there is no such action occurs during the period, the users permit the service provider to temporarily suspend their numbers for the period of 45 days, and after the 45 days, the numbers will be terminated unconditionally.

- Happy, DTAC's pre-paid brand do have "longer life" SIMs the SImple SIM gives 90 days validity with each top-up, albeit with a higher per minute call rate, and the Kong Kra Pun SIM/promotion never expires as long as you have activity every 1,000 hours (~ 42 days).

- "Day Giveaway Service" terms: http://www.dtac.co.t...es/freeday.html

Note this: Eligible users must have activated their SIM for at least 90 days continuously, or have a total usage balance of over 200 baht. In addition, the account must not be suspended, and must have at least 1 day before it expires when activating the service.

- links:

http://www.dtac.co.t...appynumber.html

http://www.dtac.co.t...es/freeday.html

http://www.dtac.co.t...mkongkapan.html

http://www.dtac.co.t...cts/simple.html

post-9615-0-21654200-1358158884_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

According to the National Telecommunications Commission the operators should not be able to set an expiry on your credit.

Of course the operators are making so much money in not adhering to the rules that it's more profitable for them to pay fines to the regulator.

• Like 1

According to the National Telecommunications Commission the operators should not be able to set an expiry on your credit.

This is correct:

http://www.telecompa...periods--918735

NBTC tells operators to scrap prepaid expiry periods

Tuesday 15 January 2013 | 01:06 CET | News

Thailand's National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has set a deadline of 18 January for mobile operators to scrap expiry dates on prepaid credit. Advanced Info Service (AIS), DTAC, TrueMove, TOT, and CAT Telecom have been told to remove expiry periods on top-ups for prepaid mobile accounts or face a fine of THB 100,000 per day, the Bangkok Post reports citing NBTC secretary-general Thakorn Tantasit. At the same time, the regulator said it will allow operators to propose an expiry period for prepaid services later but no timetable was given for this plan. The regulator also told operators to register prepaid customers' personal details, including their ID number, or face a fine of THB 20,000 per day.

Also of note is the fact there are on-going fines as a result of operators not registering SIMs, which the NBTC mandated in the middle of last year.

Mr Takorn ( the NBTC's secretary-general ) said identification cards will be required from this Friday for customers who want to buy a prepaid SIM card from mobile operators.

Also, operators must scrap the limitation on the expiration date for prepaid mobile credits.

Mr Takorn said yesterday's resolution also wanted operators to set all mobile tariff rates at no higher than 99 satang a minute.

(The 99 satang "rule" is for any/all plans rather than an average. average rates are already at 0.70 baht.)

It is not clear to me how an expiration date can be scrapped as they will run out of numbers in short order, and maintaining long unused numbers is a needless strain on systems which negatively affects current users, but perhaps someone understands the logic here? I guess operators could choose to implement a "usage" requirement?

Finally, I personally find it backwards for governmental regulators, like the NBTC, to focus so much on price fixing, but I guess they see the end of the concession gravy train. I think they should focus more on "licensed" services if they want to recoup any perceived lost "revenue" as a result of auctions.

Edited by lomatopo

• 2 weeks later...

true move has a similar option, u can buy time for a couple of Baht a month

AIS doesnt have this option

It does but not as cheaply - See my post #7

in AIS u can do only 1 months, not several months as with Dtac and true

true move has a similar option, u can buy time for a couple of Baht a month

AIS doesnt have this option

It does but not as cheaply - See my post #7

in AIS u can do only 1 months, not several months as with Dtac and true

Did you ring the call centre and ask them - because they told me they could do it if there was enough credit although this was 6 months ago now so I suppose it could all have changed again wink.png

I am glad others are getting stuff cleared up for them, but HOW IN THE HELL DOES ONE STOP THE UNWANTED TEXTS/CALLS. Anyone?

When i ws using AIS i went to the AIS counter in Ban Chang and their reply was it is my problem not theirs and it had nothing to do with AIS. Because of that attitude DTAC has another customer. I have since been told that if ring AIS that you may find somebody there who can do something about the unwanted calls. Personally, it is no longer my problem as i will not use a company that cannot train their staff in basic customer service Eliminates a lot of companies i know.

• Like 1

I am glad others are getting stuff clrared up for them, but HOW IN THE HELL DOES ONE STOP THE UNWANTED TEXTS/CALLS. Anyone?

Are you using DTAC/Happy?

Are you able to identify who is sending the texts and calling you? If it is a 08x number then perhaps the previous number's owner had many acquaintances and forgot to give them their new number. In this case you will have to convince them that you are the new owner, and/or subscribe to a blocking service. Eventually they give up.

If these are marketing messages/calls I would first speak with the service provider, in person, to ask them to cease/desist.

I was with AIS/One-2-Call for ~ 7 years and they were able to stop all unwanted marketing SMSes with a simple request. I ported to DTAC/Happy one year ago and do not receive any unwanted SMSes or calls. I also have TrueMove H and do not receive any unwanted calls or SMSes.

• Like 1