Company/expert To Install Adsl- Internet-Wifi System?

Penangfreak

Not sure about this, but maybe Wattana across from Foodland? If not, they might be able to refer you???

No luck so far. This is a difficult case, as most larger and more complicated systems seem to have problems. Exact workmanship and up to date knowledge is needed to install a good system. Hopefully somebody will have some positive feedback. was hoping a foreign run company would come forward. Thanks. PF.

The only "proper" company I know of is www.kirz.com, they are used to high end installs and have offices throughout Thailand (including Pattaya).

I wouldn't waste my time with somebody from Tuk Com or Wattana, if they were any good they wouldn't be working in these places.

Another alternative is to go to the lobby of a decent hotel or two and connect to their wifi, you are usually asked for the username/password given to you by reception, but on that page at the bottom you may see the details of the company that installed the system.

The only "proper" company I know of is www.kirz.com, they are used to high end installs and have offices throughout Thailand (including Pattaya).

I wouldn't waste my time with somebody from Tuk Com or Wattana, if they were any good they wouldn't be working in these places.

Another alternative is to go to the lobby of a decent hotel or two and connect to their wifi, you are usually asked for the username/password given to you by reception, but on that page at the bottom you may see the details of the company that installed the system.

Thank you very much! PF.

I can't even get CAT telecom, apparently the top end among available ISP's, to provide me with a good connection. They even upgraded me to the .p (premier) service 7Mb/1Mb service and it is still bad... dropping out all the time. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out for me eventually. At least they have good customer service. To get a connection with them I need to pay 6 months in advance because I'm renting, so I hope they can sort it out.

I've tried Sophon twice in the last 2 years (last time last month) - no good. Not stable. .. but to their credit they have great customer service... but they couldn't solve the problem with my connection which cost 3500 per month.

TOT - really bad and the worst customer service of all.

The only reliable connection so far is a premier 3BB service.

I can't comment on True as they are not available in my area.

Edited by tropo

Tropo,

I also was recently upgraded to CAT 7mb connection and the connection started dropping several times a day for a couple of weeks. They have been out to my place twice to check on it. Maybe it's been sorted out as my connection has been stable the last two days. Wonder if any other CAT subscribers have had this problem after the upgrade to 7mb?

Tropo,

I also was recently upgraded to CAT 7mb connection and the connection started dropping several times a day for a couple of weeks. They have been out to my place twice to check on it. Maybe it's been sorted out as my connection has been stable the last two days. Wonder if any other CAT subscribers have had this problem after the upgrade to 7mb?

This is a new connection. They installed it as hinet.sc (that's short for "standard connection). When they came around yesterday they changed it to hinet.p (premier or plantinum).

Still the same problem.

If you get a chance can you check which one you have. It's your username in your modem after the @. It will be on your contract. (@hinet.p or @hinet.sc)

I didn't even know there were 2 choices as the information sheet doesn't mention 2 different grades.

The 7Mb/1Mb is the new entry level speed so if you had a lower speed before, it's just a standard increase that happens over time.