' Rich' Man Draws Online Ire For Attempted Hit-And-Run: Thailand

webfact

'Rich' man draws online ire for attempted hit-and-run

By Coconuts Bangkok

r.jpeg

Photo: Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Thai internet users are expressing outrage at a “rich” man who first rear-ended another vehicle, then threatened that vehicle’s driver before attempting to flee the scene.

The man, who remains unnamed, tried to shirk responsibility for the traffic incident, claiming that he had friends in high places who could help ensure that he wasn’t punished.

This time, however, the “rich man” might have got more than he bargained for. A witness to the incident uploaded photos of the man on Facebook shortly after the events transpired, setting off a chain reaction of online outrage that has painted the man as representative of the worst that wealthy Thailand has to offer.

Regardless whether or not the man was [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/news/rich-man-draws-ire-outrage-following-traffic-dispute/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-01-15

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be black and white. You don't take the breathalyzer, you get arrested, one law for all.

Years ago Princess Anne ( as she then was ) was done for speeding. Don't recall her telling the police of her family connections, Gloucester police got GBP 25 off her.

• Like 2

What an idiot. I hope he gets his comeuppance.

Thanks to social media (the 'real' media don't seem to do much), we are seeing more and more outrage. Instead of lonely islands, Thais who have had enough are discovering they can come together with a unified voice. I pray that this trend continues so that we can see some real change.

'The man refused to take a breathalyzer test, instead reiterating his assertion that, thanks to his connections, no one could touch him.'

Testament to the fact that the thugs own the police. Let's get this cockroachs name out there. His 15 minutes of fame may translate into a lifetime of humiliation once the entire country knows his morality, heart, soul, and intelligence are that of a field rat. Yeah Baby! Let the rat games begin!

He probably has a tattoo as well that protects him and makes him invincable.

What an idiot. I hope he gets his comeuppance.

Thanks to social media (the 'real' media don't seem to do much), we are seeing more and more outrage. Instead of lonely islands, Thais who have had enough are discovering they can come together with a unified voice. I pray that this trend continues so that we can see some real change.

. . . right up to the point when they start blocking/censoring Facebook et al . . . coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Its true that some Thais are not subject to the law but to publicly state "You can't touch me" is a bit hard to take.

I like the Thai proverb: Do good get good; do bad get bad. His karma will catch him eventually :)

Here is the asshol_e

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Now this is some good research. I am so glad this guy is going to get his minute of fame. Nice to see that business card. I am sure his employers are goint to be over the moon about having this out in the public domain.

One can only chuckle. Facebook has more power to name and shame people than the law of Thailand itself. hahahahahaha

Typical, facebook have closed it already, seems he might have a bit of cash.

He better be careful whom he threatens as 70kg pretty boy doesn't look like he could fight sleep.

By the end of the day, he will be getting honked in the car when people see his number plate, it is fairly distinctive. I really love this aspect of the social media. Wait for it though, he will probably end up suing for invasion of his privacy or some stupid thing.

Here is the asshol_e

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Now this is some good research. I am so glad this guy is going to get his minute of fame. Nice to see that business card. I am sure his employers are goint to be over the moon about having this out in the public domain.

One can only chuckle. Facebook has more power to name and shame people than the law of Thailand itself. hahahahahaha

Typical, facebook have closed it already, seems he might have a bit of cash.

As I said, still up for me. As someone mentioned, he looks like he couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. What price a fender bender with a taxi coming in the next few weeks?