' Rich' Man Draws Online Ire For Attempted Hit-And-Run: Thailand

webfact

Obviously he is important enough o have the pictures altered so nobody can recognize him. You don't see that at other not yet sentenced criminals. And he is probably right that nobody can touch him.. just think of the Red bull guy... its awfully quiet.

Hi,

a Thai friend of mine has the photos unaltered on his facebook site, it's a brand new Range Rover, the license plate has 444, can't read the two Thai letters, the guy is about 25 to 30 years old,

looks like the typical rich kids in this country

http://www.facebook....&type=1

Would you happen to know when said vehicle was last serviced ?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously he is important enough o have the pictures altered so nobody can recognize him. You don't see that at other not yet sentenced criminals. And he is probably right that nobody can touch him.. just think of the Red bull guy... its awfully quiet.

Hi,

a Thai friend of mine has the photos unaltered on his facebook site, it's a brand new Range Rover, the license plate has 444, can't read the two Thai letters, the guy is about 25 to 30 years old,

Not really interested in the pictures more the fact that some people are more equal as others.

Are you suggesting had he been poor the police would not have hauled him away as they did this guy who appears to have money? Or are you saying if he was more rich he wouldn't have been hauled away? I am just trying to figure out what imagined scenario we are taking in order to keep our panties in a bunch about Thai Society on what I am guessing is a slow news days. Fill me in as I want to jump on the bandwagon too.

Is that a new Range Rover?

I recently saw a white one with a young guy driving in Nonthaburi, not many of them around.

It's strange, because over in Cambodia those new Range Rovers are everywhere!

Hell a Cambodian woman who runs a girly bar just bought one.

Not sure superior is the right word but starting to feel something close to it because I have gone from being curious to people's reactions to actually laugh at some of them.

My point of view is simply stating the reality of this event in terms of there being nothing shocking, out of the ordinary, no cover-up, no conspiracy suggested or anything else that should make this incident special unless you want to pretend things happened that were not reported. Now had the Facebook poster actually got video and audio of this moron mouthing off and being subdued by police then hauled off (as reported by him) then it might have some entertainment value .... then again COPS has been running for years so the guy really would have to be entertaining in his outbursts.

Exactly...I am not condoning what the guy has done, but the reactions from some of TV's finest...downloading photos, offering to send them, accusing the guy of fiddling books at SCB to get his range rover etc etc.....some real sad b*stards on here....instead of all the speculation on TV and getting their panties all wet, they should contribute to the improvement of Thai society by spending some time with their wives/GF and teaching them English...wink.png

One of those sad people has 3 times now defamed that gentleman by suggesting/stating he was drunk driving, a crime in this country.

• Like 1

I recently saw a white one with a young guy driving in Nonthaburi, not many of them around.

But I will bet the import taxes in Cambodia are not has high as Thailand...biggrin.png

clap2.gifcheesy.gifw00t.gif

Hi,

Not really interested in the pictures more the fact that some people are more equal as others.

Are you suggesting had he been poor the police would not have hauled him away as they did this guy who appears to have money? Or are you saying if he was more rich he wouldn't have been hauled away? I am just trying to figure out what imagined scenario we are taking in order to keep our panties in a bunch about Thai Society on what I am guessing is a slow news days. Fill me in as I want to jump on the bandwagon too.

Have you seen pictures of farangs and poor Thais in newspapers.. always clearly visible who they are names and such.. i don't see that here in the news report. Are you saying that people like for instance Charlem his son or the Red bull killer are not treated different then the average poor guy ?

This case he is caught by the police and i applaud it, its not like this is always the case.

It would be nice to believe people wouldn't be so gullible and paranoid as time goes on but it is clear the War of the Worlds Radio Broadcast was a joke compared to what you can do to get people going and paranoid these days all over a Facebook post.

I have yet to see one link or one person question why there is no actual news report of this incident beyond repeating what a Facebook poster has posted. Not even a simple phone call to police to verify such an incident happened let alone the charges and identity of the person. Given these news sources are in the business of getting readers, maybe it is simply better for them to stick with the Facebook posts to keep the lemmings out there emotional and fantasizing about conspiracies.

Yet you still assumed he was drunk...

It would be nice to believe people wouldn't be so gullible and paranoid as time goes on but it is clear the War of the Worlds Radio Broadcast was a joke compared to what you can do to get people going and paranoid these days all over a Facebook post.

I have yet to see one link or one person question why there is no actual news report of this incident beyond repeating what a Facebook poster has posted. Not even a simple phone call to police to verify such an incident happened let alone the charges and identity of the person. Given these news sources are in the business of getting readers, maybe it is simply better for them to stick with the Facebook posts to keep the lemmings out there emotional and fantasizing about conspiracies.

So now it did not happen ??? cheesy.gif I sometimes do not know what is funnier, the somewhat inflammatory news articles that TV chooses to post to get the readers fired up , or responses like this one.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

And yet another rich scumbag. His alleged behaviour hardly raises an eyebrow, though.

So does this mean you will not be asking for his picture from fellow TV members then ?...tongue.png

No need, since next month there will be another event like this one, and there will be new pictures.

Wait I guess you could keep all the photos as a sort of rogue gallery........

Not sure superior is the right word but starting to feel something close to it because I have gone from being curious to people's reactions to actually laugh at some of them.

My point of view is simply stating the reality of this event in terms of there being nothing shocking, out of the ordinary, no cover-up, no conspiracy suggested or anything else that should make this incident special unless you want to pretend things happened that were not reported. Now had the Facebook poster actually got video and audio of this moron mouthing off and being subdued by police then hauled off (as reported by him) then it might some entertainment value .... then again COPS has been running for years so the guy really would have to be entertaining in his outbursts.

Again Nisa you miss the point as it flies over your westernised head. Please try to see things through a Thais perspective.

The rich in Thailand are almost untouchable and the poor increasingly vulnerable. This is the reason this has gone viral as Thai society see it and really don't like it.

It's not Thai bashing its observation of the country we reside, open your eyes. Thailand may be perfect for you with your western money and western ways but Thailand is far from perfect for everyone who lives here.

• Like 2

Amazing what qualifies as viral news. A pompous loud mouth (likely drunk) gets hauled off by police after minor hit & run accident which reportedly he later took responsibility for.

Amazing, that you fail to see the point. But you fail to see the point so often i think your pink goggles must be tinted so heavily you cant see a thing.

I think he is thai national

My point of view is simply stating the reality of this event in terms of there being nothing shocking, out of the ordinary, no cover-up, no conspiracy suggested or anything else that should make this incident special unless you want to pretend things happened that were not reported. Now had the Facebook poster actually got video and audio of this moron mouthing off and being subdued by police then hauled off (as reported by him) then it might some entertainment value .... then again COPS has been running for years so the guy really would have to be entertaining in his outbursts.

Again Nisa you miss the point as it flies over your westernised head. Please try to see things through a Thais perspective.

The rich in Thailand are almost untouchable and the poor increasingly vulnerable. This is the reason this has gone viral as Thai society see it and really don't like it.

It's not Thai bashing its observation of the country we reside, open your eyes. Thailand may be perfect for you with your western money and western ways but Thailand is far from perfect for everyone who lives here.

Nice designer handbags and watches that the person who posted his pictures on facebook is selling. Bit too expensive for me , maybe they can afford them in outer Esarn. thumbsup.gif

Iam back in Sweden rigth now, I can´t open it as well.

dam_n, the government secret services must have closed it down already... anyone who has tried to access the page will now be on the watchlist...

... OMG! i can hear a helicopter, its landing on the roof of my building... is that shouting? gunfire? they are coming for... <click>

And that's "Skywalker69" scr*wed with his next Thai visa application as well...biggrin.png

Even if the news stories we get here on TV are badly written, half-right or full of holes, it's just about all we have on this forum.

IMO any story about a hi-so who attempts to use connections is news, particularly when too many get away with it. The 'please don't say anything bad about Thailand' brigade are protesting so much that it defeats their argument. You're always going to get wacky posts on many of the threads & the 'facebook down' platoon don't seem to read the explanatory posts.

Obviously he is important enough o have the pictures altered so nobody can recognize him. You don't see that at other not yet sentenced criminals.

And he is probably right that nobody can touch him.. just think of the Red bull guy... its awfully quiet.

Not sure "nobody can touch him" being the right expression, for one day this gentleman could receive a good punch on his nose biggrin.png

Amazing what qualifies as viral news. A pompous loud mouth (likely drunk) gets hauled off by police after minor hit & run accident which reportedly he later took responsibility for.

Amazing, that you fail to see the point. But you fail to see the point so often i think your pink goggles must be tinted so heavily you cant see a thing.

I think he is thai national

Well that would explain a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god he is not a farang trying to be more Thai than a Thai national....

But back to topic, it seems this case has touched a nerve with a lot of Thais as well. So clearly even they

are sick of this untouchable hi-so nonsense.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Nice designer handbags and watches that the person who posted his pictures on facebook is selling. Bit too expensive for me , maybe they can afford them in outer Esarn. thumbsup.gif

I am sure am sure you could buy a cheaper handbag somewhere else arthur :)

Downloaded the pic onto my computer in case the facebook account gets blocked anyone interested in this pic pm me

Dude, back that up!! Email an encrypted copy to yourself and a third party overseas as well as putting it on a flash drive and then placing the flash drive in a condemn and swallowing it. I am not sure what else to say but stay safe man -- we are all rooting for you!!

Downloaded the pic onto my computer in case the facebook account gets blocked anyone interested in this pic pm me

Dude, back that up!! Email an encrypted copy to yourself and a third party overseas as well as putting it on a flash drive and then placing the flash drive in a condemn and swallowing it. I am not sure what else to say but stay safe man -- we are all rooting for you!!

Brilliant!

I would hazard a guess that all the farangs on TV living in Thailand who are calling him a &lt;deleted&gt; /other degrogatory terms and reposting his FB page have already been traced and will be getting their visa's pulled very soon...whistling.gif

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif but I don't believe TV is in such scrutiny by the Thai secret service... otherwise I cancel membership sick.gif

...But maybe this gentleman was not faulty at all guitar.gif... tell me why the car in front of him brakes so suddenly, without stop lamps I guess!

So personally (it seems I am the sole member) I fully understand why this gentleman lost his temper.

Its true that some Thais are not subject to the law but to publicly state "You can't touch me" is a bit hard to take.

I like the Thai proverb: Do good get good; do bad get bad. His karma will catch him eventually smile.png

No offense to the op, because it's a common reference in Thailand. But, I'm sick of hearing that "Karma " crap, as though that is supposed to make those he hurt feel better. A karma form of retribution would be nice, but don't believe it (unless like many Thai's, you believe in ghosts and you "wai" spirit houses).

I would hazard a guess that all the farangs on TV living in Thailand who are calling him a &lt;deleted&gt; /other degrogatory terms and reposting his FB page have already been traced and will be getting their visa's pulled very soon...whistling.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif but I don't believe TV is in such scrutiny by the Thai secret service... otherwise I cancel membership sick.gif

...But maybe this gentleman was not faulty at all guitar.gif... tell me why the car in front of him brakes so suddenly, without stop lamps I guess!

So personally (it seems I am the sole member) I fully understand why this gentleman lost his temper.

Ah but your missing the point of the TV rabble rousers and their wrath....this has nothing to do with a the accident per se, or his actions, this is more to do with the fact he is rich, has a Range rover and how dare a Thai have money, when vast majorities of the "whitefellas" in Thailand hardly have a pot to p*ss in and the best they can do is a motocy...thumbsup.gif

In their eyes the natives should out working in the rice fields and eating leaves from the side of the road, and kowtowing down, it gives them a feeling of superiority over the natives

Edited by Soutpeel