' Rich' Man Draws Online Ire For Attempted Hit-And-Run: Thailand

webfact

Not sure superior is the right word but starting to feel something close to it because I have gone from being curious to people's reactions to actually laugh at some of them.

My point of view is simply stating the reality of this event in terms of there being nothing shocking, out of the ordinary, no cover-up, no conspiracy suggested or anything else that should make this incident special unless you want to pretend things happened that were not reported. Now had the Facebook poster actually got video and audio of this moron mouthing off and being subdued by police then hauled off (as reported by him) then it might some entertainment value .... then again COPS has been running for years so the guy really would have to be entertaining in his outbursts.

Again Nisa you miss the point as it flies over your westernised head. Please try to see things through a Thais perspective.

The rich in Thailand are almost untouchable and the poor increasingly vulnerable. This is the reason this has gone viral as Thai society see it and really don't like it.

It's not Thai bashing its observation of the country we reside, open your eyes. Thailand may be perfect for you with your western money and western ways but Thailand is far from perfect for everyone who lives here.

Nice designer handbags and watches that the person who posted his pictures on facebook is selling. Bit too expensive for me , maybe they can afford them in outer Esarn. thumbsup.gif

I am sure am sure you could buy a cheaper handbag somewhere else arthur smile.png

Can't I borrow yours ?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hazard a guess that all the farangs on TV living in Thailand who are calling him a <deleted> /other degrogatory terms and reposting his FB page have already been traced and will be getting their visa's pulled very soon...whistling.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif but I don't believe TV is in such scrutiny by the Thai secret service... otherwise I cancel membership sick.gif

Thai Secret Service runs TV whistling.gif . Be careful. Edited by BirdsandBooze

I would hazard a guess that all the farangs on TV living in Thailand who are calling him a <deleted> /other degrogatory terms and reposting his FB page have already been traced and will be getting their visa's pulled very soon...whistling.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif but I don't believe TV is in such scrutiny by the Thai secret service... otherwise I cancel membership sick.gif

...But maybe this gentleman was not faulty at all guitar.gif... tell me why the car in front of him brakes so suddenly, without stop lamps I guess!

So personally (it seems I am the sole member) I fully understand why this gentleman lost his temper.

Ah but your missing the point of the TV rabble rousers and their wrath....this has nothing to do with a the accident per se, or his actions, this is more to do with the fact he is rich, has a Range rover and how dare a Thai have money, when vast majorities of the "whitefellas" in Thailand hardly have a pot to p*ss in and the best they can do is a motocy...thumbsup.gif

In their eyes the natives should out working in the rice fields and eating leaves from the side of the road, and kowtowing down, it gives them a feeling of superiority over the natives

Darn my visa is screwed now !!!!!!! Is it too late to pull my critical posts back?? :-) Guess it is, the edit feature has disappeared.

In the second part of your post, does the beginning of your sentence " In their eyes...." refer to the hiso elites? If so then good

on you for producing a moment of clarity... Thanks !!!!

Edited by EyesWideOpen

...But maybe this gentleman was not faulty at all guitar.gif... tell me why the car in front of him brakes so suddenly, without stop lamps I guess!

So personally (it seems I am the sole member) I fully understand why this gentleman lost his temper.

Ah but your missing the point of the TV rabble rousers and their wrath....this has nothing to do with a the accident per se, or his actions, this is more to do with the fact he is rich, has a Range rover and how dare a Thai have money, when vast majorities of the "whitefellas" in Thailand hardly have a pot to p*ss in and the best they can do is a motocy...thumbsup.gif

In their eyes the natives should out working in the rice fields and eating leaves from the side of the road, and kowtowing down, it gives them a feeling of superiority over the natives

I don't feel superior over the natives, and if there really were no brake lights then i can understand the guy completely otherwise not.

I was always thought you should keep a 2 second distance between you and the car in front of you (granted for anyone who has driven BKK its hard to do).

Even here people are wrong when they hit someone from behind.. i was involved in an accident and other rear ended the truck that hit me they were blamed for hitting the truck as they had not kept enough distance. So seems to me these laws are here too.

Almost as funny as that female Thai singer that was stopped for drunk driving a few months ago. She said she would not a take a breathalyzer test until she sobered up! That is like telling your employer, "No problem, I will be glad to take a drug test. How about in two weeks?"

• Like 1

At one point apparently Nattapong grabbed the driver of the car he back-ended by the throat, pushed him to the ground and punched him. He also threatened his sister who was in the car with him.

Nattapong is reported as having a high-up position in a famous bank and to be the owner of a famous English language school in BKK's Siam Square.

When arrested by police though, Nattapong claimed to have been the one assaulted.

Police smelled alcohol on his breath but he refused a breath test so was taken to the police station.

http://www2.manager....3823&Mbrowse=16

http://news.impaqmsn...id=507147&ch=hn

Also more on the Pantip thread with Nattapong's alleged version of events.

He's saying the couple had prevented him getting back in his car and the sister had later slapped him in the face.

http://pantip.com/topic/30045174

It does seem though that most of the facts in the story are coming from copies of the original Facebook posting and the Pantip thread so it's all a bit vague.

At one point apparently Nattapong grabbed the driver of the car he back-ended by the throat, pushed him to the ground and punched him. He also threatened his sister who was in the car with him.

Nattapong is reported as having a high-up position in a famous bank and to be the owner of a famous English language school in BKK's Siam Square.

When arrested by police though, Nattapong claimed to have been the one assaulted.

Police smelled alcohol on his breath but he refused a breath test so was taken to the police station.

http://www2.manager....3823&Mbrowse=16

http://news.impaqmsn...id=507147&ch=hn

Also more on the Pantip thread with Nattapong's alleged version of events.

He's saying the couple had prevented him getting back in his car and the sister had later slapped him in the face.

http://pantip.com/topic/30045174

It does seem though that most of the facts in the story are coming from copies of the original Facebook posting and the Pantip thread so it's all a bit vague.

He back-ended a car; simple truth. Then he refused to accept his own responsibility; simple truth. He poised himself as untouchable; simple truth.

Facts are facts, despite other's illusions.

May I ask what you are trying to super-impose here?

-mel.

Edited by MEL1

Not trying to superimpose anything. So far the information in the story seems to come from a Facebook post and anonymous posters on the Pantip thread who claim to be involved in the story, rather than interviews in a newspaper of the police involved and the drivers etc

Maybe more will turn up in the press later.

I guess You understood what I wrote was only to defend my visa after your clever warning about being traced whistling.gif

Facebook page now offline

No it isnt

I am in BKK and can't open it.

I'm in Arizona, USA, and it opens for me..

Be sure to download all photographs, store them on your hard drive and you might want to consider a back up copy on a thumb drive and you can pm to TV's finest..

Obviously he is important enough o have the pictures altered so nobody can recognize him. You don't see that at other not yet sentenced criminals.

And he is probably right that nobody can touch him.. just think of the Red bull guy... its awfully quiet.

Good point......

Its true that some Thais are not subject to the law but to publicly state "You can't touch me" is a bit hard to take.

I like the Thai proverb: Do good get good; do bad get bad. His karma will catch him eventually smile.png

Maybe Thai did get this idea from the English saying well used already..dont you know who i am??? rolleyes.gif

Amazing what qualifies as viral news. A pompous loud mouth (likely drunk) gets hauled off by police after minor hit & run accident which reportedly he later took responsibility for.

Amazing, that you fail to see the point. But you fail to see the point so often i think your pink goggles must be tinted so heavily you cant see a thing.

Sensible posters would agree that the issue here is not "the minor accident," but rather his defiant attitude about breaking the law with impunity and then expecting to sidestep because of "I am who I am."

I have a sense that on the hiso ranking scale of 1 to 100, this guy would be hovering near 1. The other two notable crashes of hisos wiping out regular people would certainly be the Red Bull heir, and the girl with the last name of Ayutthaya. These people would be at the 100 end of the scale. This guy works at a bank , and he / family owns a language school. So I think in a alcohol fueled haze, he perhaps imbued himself with greater social power than he actually possessed. Flashing your million baht watch to policemen making 8000 baht a month is definitely a tacky nouveau riche move. And yes in the real world if you refuse a breathalyser test, you are automatically ruled drunk in a court of law.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Amazing what qualifies as viral news. A pompous loud mouth (likely drunk) gets hauled off by police after minor hit & run accident which reportedly he later took responsibility for.

Amazing, that you fail to see the point. But you fail to see the point so often i think your pink goggles must be tinted so heavily you cant see a thing.

Sensible posters would agree that the issue here is not "the minor accident," but rather his defiant attitude about breaking the law with impunity and then expecting to sidestep because of "I am who I am."

Exactly

Then there are some posters who insinuate that people here have it out for the guy because he has some money. Maybe he is right that some people hate the guys guts for having money, i personally could not care less as long as he was accountable just like everyone else. in this case it seems he is accountable, but there are cases enough of the untouchables trampling the rights of others. That is what i argue about knowing it won't make much of a difference.

• Like 2

Agree - if sensible is similar to being a drama queen and making mountains out of mole hills.