Tourist Want Stay For 3 Months

Hello, all very confusing for me is the visa stuff.

I am a 38yr old new Zealand national staying in bbk on a 30 day visa exemption. I really want to stay for 3 months. What are my best options?

I am able to do a border run if required, but not sure how to do a run or which border to go to.. Or can I apply for a 90 day visa at the immigration office in bbk.

And what type of visa should I get?

Is there any visa agents in bang kapi that can help take the headache out of it for me?

You can apply for a Tourist Visa. Either a single or double or triple entry (perhaps a double entry would be best for you). A Tourist Visa allows a one time stay of 60 days in Thailand (with a possible extension of 30 days while within Thailand for a fee of 1,900baht). Thus you could possibly get 90 days in total on a single entry Tourist Visa.

You will have to check what the current visa fee for a NZ Passport holder is as currently I find it a bit confusing to keep track of and have a headache.

A double entry allows 2 x 60 days, triple entry (hard to get but possible) 3 x 60 days. These Tourist Visa's, to my knowledge, need to be applied for outside of Thailand (ie bordering countries or your home country).

Very easy to do by yourself but if it is too much of a headache open up any English newspaper in Thailand and look at the classified sections and /or here on Thai Visa and you will find many companies offering you "visa" runs for this sort of thing.

Pretty straight forward and easy, do not fret.

You should go to Laos and apply for a tourist visa at one of the consulates in either Vientianne or Savanakhet. That will give you 60 days, which can be extended by another 30 days.

Thanks for the reply. Do i need to prefill an application form? Or do I do it all at Vietianne?

Should I plan to stay overnight in Laos or is it done in one day?

You must stay at least one night as you submit in morning and pick up next workday afternoon. Make copies of your passport data and have photos but you can fill out form at Consulate section of the Embassy. You could also fly to KL or Singapore if more interesting (inexpensive flights often available) or fly to Udon to travel to Vientiane (only an hour away).

Fly to Udon Thani sounds like fun, then bus to Vientianne.

So I'll make a few copies of my passport and get a few photos done. Then make plans to travel up to Udon.

When a I make passport copies, is it just the front page that is needed?

Thanks for your help guys.

Once you are in Laos and headed for the embassy, you also need copies of the Lao Visa, and the Lao Entry stamp. There is a photocopy machine upstairs, outside where you wait with your number to hand in your application.

You don't go to the embassy. You go to the consular section of the embassy which is at a different location than the embassy.