Best Bacon And Eggs In Thailand

smokie36

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. But it's my impression that serious chefs think breakfast foods are the Siberia of cooking.

I can say locally the bacon and eggs which I've tried at the very popular Pascal's breakfast buffet are certainly nothing to write home about!

Edited by Jingthing

OK. But it's my impression that serious chefs think breakfast foods are the Siberia of cooking.

I can say locally the bacon and eggs which I've tried at the very popular Pascal's breakfast buffet are certainly nothing to write home about!

Breakfast accounts for around 40% of all meals eaten globally JT.

Let's not devalue it! :D

Let's not devalue it! biggrin.png

Too late! Isn't that the meal you eat as a base for the coffee?
“So familiar are eggs to us, however, that in the eighteenth century they were referred to as cackling farts, on the basis that chickens cackled all the time and eggs came out of the back of them.”

Mark Forsyth, The Horologicon: A Day's Jaunt Through the Lost Words of the English Language

Edited by Jingthing

From my experience there, it depends mostly on the chef cooking at the grill station. A young kid there always makes the eggs way underdone (in any style you request). He also didn’t know the difference between “ham” and “bacon”. Another day we saw another cook and we gave him a try. His cooking was far better.

It’s interesting how something as simple as eggs can be cooked in so many different "ways”. blink.png

• Like 1

As I gather, the main reasons that Farangs come to visit Thailand is strictly for "Bacon and Eggs." This is understandeble, since such things are unavailable in your home country.

Cheers.

Yes and I do find the Thai food is really much better in Kansas City ... coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

As I gather, the main reasons that Farangs come to visit Thailand is strictly for "Bacon and Eggs." This is understandeble, since such things are unavailable in your home country.

Cheers.

You earn my yawn of the day award.

Congratulations! :)

• Like 2

Cheers.

Yes and I do find the Thai food is really much better in Kansas City ... coffee1.gif

......and the corn comes from Iowa and the soybean-meal and the milo comes from Kansas (eastern part) and a 10% percent of fishmeaal is part of the game and comes mostly from Peru.

Of course, all of the above will have to be eaten by a pig before. Since an average pig in Thailand will never enjoy those combined benefits of perfect nutrition, hog meat tends to taste a bit different around here. Pigs eat everything including sewage.(Top secret: McDonalds knows about this.)

Stay with the Chicken-Menu to be on the safe side

Cheers.

PS: Whenever you buy eggs at the local TESCO -LOTUS (Express), why do the eggs have a taste ot rotten fish? Why ? Ask the store manager. Store Managers Comment:

If you want fresh eggs and no fish inside egg , go to the local market (every Thuesday) not come here to buy egg!!

Thailand. Not much to add or comment. Cheers.

Cheers.

......and the corn comes from Iowa and the soybean-meal and the milo comes from Kansas (eastern part) and a 10% percent of fishmeaal is part of the game and comes mostly from Peru.

Of course, all of the above will have to be eaten by a pig before. Since an average pig in Thailand will never enjoy those combined benefits of perfect nutrition, hog meat tends to taste a bit different around here. Pigs eat everything including sewage.(Top secret: McDonalds knows about this.)

Cheers.

PS: Whenever you buy eggs at the local TESCO -LOTUS (Express), why do the eggs have a taste ot rotten fish? Why ? Ask the store manager. Store Managers Comment:

If you want fresh eggs and no fish inside egg , go to the local market (every Thuesday) not come here to buy egg!!

Off topic. :(

Cheers.

Cheers.

Off topic. :(

Also trolling, repative and boring. The non colonials are still too learn what good bacon is.

• Like 2

Those 99 baht breakfasts in Pattaya are a warning sign to stay away. They are all the same: two small fried eggs,one "sausage" (really a hotdog made up of fat and animal parts we normally would not eat), one slice of partially cooked bacon, toast (white bread of course) and a imitation orange powder drink. You get what u pay for.

Not sure I would totally agree with your first line. Putting together a good eggs benedict takes a fair bit of skill and finesse

Those 99 baht breakfasts in Pattaya are a warning sign to stay away. They are all the same: two small fried eggs,one "sausage" (really a hotdog made up of fat and animal parts we normally would not eat), one slice of partially cooked bacon, toast (white bread of course) and a imitation orange powder drink. You get what u pay for.

Well, just special order 3 eggs and 3 strips of bacon and maybe some tomato/cucumber. Probably work out cheaper than the 99 baht set menu.

Next.

Not sure I would totally agree with your first line. Putting together a good eggs benedict takes a fair bit of skill and finesse

Yeah but once you've done it 10,000 times, the same thing ... not so much. Edited by Jingthing

The continental does decent breakfasts. They are located all over this town from the darkside to jomtien to central pattaya. The best part is probably their fresh made breads.

Perhaps. But have you seen their bagels? They are like Salvador Dali's idea of what a bagel should look like. Don't ask about the taste. bah.gif

The continental does decent breakfasts. They are located all over this town from the darkside to jomtien to central pattaya. The best part is probably their fresh made breads.

Perhaps. But have you seen their bagels? They are like Salvador Dali's idea of what a bagel should look like. Don't ask about the taste. bah.gif

I will be honest and say I have never seen any bagels in this country. I would certainly be skeptical if one was made fresh here.

• Like 1

If you guys are really interested in a good breakfast with a fair amount of bacon,

i can ask my gf to do something, but i would need to know what time you eat bf ?

she havnt got all day

Edited by poanoi

I will be honest and say I have never seen any bagels in this country. I would certainly be skeptical if one was made fresh here.

And the thread is about Bacon and Eggs and not Kosher doughnuts.

• Like 1

I've gotten good eggs and seemingly decent bacon (I am no judge of bacon, maybe it's great) at the Poseidon Hotel Breakfast buffet (Bistro Oscar), Jomtien complex.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d2649503-r147281054-Bistro_Oscar-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#REVIEWS

Edited by Jingthing