Best Bacon And Eggs In Thailand

smokie36

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only place that made a tasty full portion with plenty of bacon was Tommy's den behind buffalo bar.

Now that he is gone, the only good place left is my gf, she does it even better

And I hear that her bacon and eggs are quite decent as well.

• Like 1

I've gotten good eggs and seemingly decent bacon (I am no judge of bacon, maybe it's great) at the Poseidon Hotel Breakfast buffet (Bistro Oscar), Jomtien complex.

I used to go there when it was still run by Casa Pascal, at which time it was fine. I went twice in the early days of the new ownership last year but I was very unimpressed and have not returned since.

I do know my bacon, and the rest of it wasnt much cop either. I still have nightmares about the things they called croissants.

Edited by BlackPuddingBertha

I've gotten good eggs and seemingly decent bacon (I am no judge of bacon, maybe it's great) at the Poseidon Hotel Breakfast buffet (Bistro Oscar), Jomtien complex.

I used to go there when it was still run by Casa Pascal, at which time it was fine. I went twice in the early days of the new ownership last year but I was very unimpressed and have not returned since.

I do know my bacon, and the rest of it wasnt much cop either. I still have nightmares about the things they called croissants.

I also didn't have a great experience there (new ownership) but found they cooked (poached) eggs quite well. The thread was about bacon and eggs. Like I said, I really don't know from (or care from) bacon. Oddly, I know a lot of people RAVE about the breakfast buffet at Oscars, and the waiters aren't all that cute, so maybe I hit them on bad day.

OK. But it's my impression that serious chefs think breakfast foods are the Siberia of cooking.

I can say locally the bacon and eggs which I've tried at the very popular Pascal's breakfast buffet are certainly nothing to write home about!

A comment obviously made by someone who rarely ventures into the kitchen!

OK. But it's my impression that serious chefs think breakfast foods are the Siberia of cooking.

I can say locally the bacon and eggs which I've tried at the very popular Pascal's breakfast buffet are certainly nothing to write home about!

A comment obviously made by someone who rarely ventures into the kitchen!

I honestly don't get your point at all. I was talking about professional chefs and what they think about breakfast service vs. more serious meals. It is true I've never been in the restaurant business. I might be crazy but not THAT crazy. Edited by Jingthing

I also didn't have a great experience there (new ownership) but found they cooked (poached) eggs quite well. The thread was about bacon and eggs. Like I said, I really don't know from (or care from) bacon. Oddly, I know a lot of people RAVE about the breakfast buffet at Oscars, and the waiters aren't all that cute, so maybe I hit them on bad day.

It's been a year since I was there last and I should give it another try, of course, but one of the things that puts me off is that the cooked breakfast at Oscar's appears on a plate from behind the scenes. I do like to know what I'm getting before I get it and so I tend to prefer the way that Casa Pascal does it, where it is possible to watch what the chef is doing and get the order exactly as one wants it. Like the pasta station at the Hilton on Tuesday.

Casa Pascal's bacon is not the world's best (it's too salty) but it isn't bad. Their eggs generally seem fine to me and I would say that their omelettes are particularly good.

Edited by BlackPuddingBertha

If you thought a western style excuse for an omelet was good,

then you need to try out the thai style omelet, with chili, tomato, onion, (and i also like some pork innit.)

Order:- Kai tjeao, sai plik, sai ma klua teet, sai hoa ham daeng, (sai moo)

Caddy Shack, Soi 17 south Pattaya for a great, hearty but simple UK breakfast!! Large set with tea & toast for 145 Baht. My personal favorite place.

Oh that's good to know, cos when I order it delivered via Nick the Pizza it costs me 250 baht with no Tea :-)

If you thought a western style excuse for an omelet was good,

then you need to try out the thai style omelet, with chili, tomato, onion, (and i also like some pork innit.)

Order:- Kai tjeao, sai plik, sai ma klua teet, sai hoa ham daeng, (sai moo)

Gonna try that right now! I like Thai-style shredded pork omelettes (kai tjeao moo sap) but adding chilli, tomato and red onion sounds awesome.

Bacon and eggs? Is that hard to cook? Don't they give that task to the trainees?

Don't leave your greasy streaky American paws on this thread JT. tongue.png

The bacon is perfectly cooked unsmoked back. wink.png

I can not stand that crap that the yanks call bacon. At least the ones here can be saved and learn about Australian and European bacon. thumbsup.gif

The continental does decent breakfasts. They are located all over this town from the darkside to jomtien to central pattaya. The best part is probably their fresh made breads.

Perhaps. But have you seen their bagels? They are like Salvador Dali's idea of what a bagel should look like. Don't ask about the taste. bah.gif

I will be honest and say I have never seen any bagels in this country. I would certainly be skeptical if one was made fresh here.

and so you miss out. there are any number of good bagels available in bangkok.

The continental does decent breakfasts. They are located all over this town from the darkside to jomtien to central pattaya. The best part is probably their fresh made breads.

Perhaps. But have you seen their bagels? They are like Salvador Dali's idea of what a bagel should look like. Don't ask about the taste. bah.gif

I will be honest and say I have never seen any bagels in this country. I would certainly be skeptical if one was made fresh here.

and so you miss out. there are any number of good bagels available in bangkok.

Bagels available daily at Villa Market and Continental Bakery, Jomtien.

and so you miss out. there are any number of good bagels availablbe in bangkok.

Trust me. I'm not missing out on anything I want by not going to bkk for breakfast.

Bagels available daily at Villa Market and Continental Bakery, Jomtien.

No they're not. You're talking about bagel shaped BREAD, not bagels. Continental's aren't even shaped right. Bagels are about much more than the HOLE. Trust me. Edited by Jingthing

Bagels were a Jewish invention to save a few grains by putting a hole in the middle as a selling gimmick.

Go figure.

Unsmoked back bacon is where it is at and the main reason for the OP. You don't see it many places or cooked so well. Perhaps if I keep checking here for an eternity someone might drop by the Amari Orchid for breakfast and offer an opinion.

Bagels were a Jewish invention to save a few grains by putting a hole in the middle as a selling gimmick.

Is that what you really think or an attempt at humor?

tongue.png

I have been to Brick Lane in the early hours of the morning for salt beef bagels JT. They are fabulous.

Bagels are off topic here however. Bacon and eggs are on topic. Thanks.

Edited by smokie36

I went to Bistro Oscar again. I has improved significantly since I was last there a year ago.

Quality of ingredients was quite high for the price (199B). The croissants were still nothing special though much nicer than before.

Everything else I tried was pretty good, including the bacon and eggs. Quite a small portion of bacon, but of course the rest of the meal is buffet-style so no-one could go hungry. Maybe you can have a second plate of bacon and eggs if you ask.

You only seem to get one glass of juice included and apart from that the only cold drink is water which you have to ask for, which is a bit odd for a buffet.

The clientèle was unusual (by my standards) and quite vocal, and I overheard a lot more about the effects of small blue pills than I bargained for at breakfast. Thankfully a demonstration was not forthcoming.

I think you can order all you want from the special order egg menu. The juice I assume isn't real juice, correct? If it is, I can understand the limits. I'm asking because the one time I was there I declined it assuming it was the usual orange sugar water.

Edited by Jingthing

I think you can order all you want from the special order egg menu. The juice I assume isn't real juice, correct? If it is, I can understand the limits. I'm asking because the one time I was there I declined it assuming it was the usual orange sugar water.

At the place I mentioned in the OP the juice is real and as much as you can drink. Also fresh smoothies made in front of you. Delicious.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

At the place I mentioned in the OP the juice is real and as much as you can drink. Also fresh smoothies made in front of you. Delicious.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

So are you saying the place you mentioned in the op it's a buffet? All you can eat and drink, juice and smoothies?

Perhaps you would be so kind as to share more details such as hours and price.

Thanks.