Gasohol For Big Bikes (Non Japanese) - Any Experience?

gentaro

Last time I went to BKK I noticed that PTT was no longer selling standard (benzene) 91 and I was told that the well-known 91 will be off the market soon.

I live in Phuket and now PTT stopped offering 91 and so will Shell as soon as their storage is empty - I live in Phuket. Since the government wants Ethanol, I guess, all other pumps like Esso and Caltex will follow wai2.gif.

Unfortunately I dive an imported bike, a Harleys V-Rod/Nightrod and, according to my information, none of the EU and US import bikes like Ethanol since it can "eat" the rubber and create other pronlems.

Does anyone in this forum has a bigger import bike like HD, Ducati, BMW, etc and uses gasohol for some time and can share his/her experiences? BTW, I was told that Shell's gasohol 95 seem to be the best quality of them and might work without (substantial?) damage to engine and pipes.

Drove from Pattaya to Chiang Mai yesterday

I used Benzene 95 all the way. Not 95 gasahol. stations are caring it, And PTT says they are ramping up production. only a few baht more per lt

I never considered 10-15% more a few baht

Actually 22% :) I was curious so checked

I used Benzene 95 all the way. Not 95 gasahol. stations are caring it, And PTT says they are ramping up production. only a few baht more per lt

I never considered 10-15% more a few baht

Actually 22% smile.png I was curious so checked

Hard to do math at 8:20 am :)

• Like 1

Which sign color is the PTT 95 benzine? I can remeber only some Caltex which still had benize 95, would apriciate if its coming back.

Could this be the story? Lack of tank-age space and more blends so 91 is gone , long live 95?

Which sign color is the PTT 95 benzine? I can remeber only some Caltex which still had benize 95, would apriciate if its coming back.

ptt it's yellow and cost about 46 baht a liter.