Cheap Gym Recommendation?

btowny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just missed out on the liftetime offer for 15000 at Tony's. It was yesterday. Tony made a killing again with over 300 signed up. That's about 550 members signed up in the last 2 lifetime "one day" offers in 5 months.

300 more members, his gyms must be getting quite crowded sick.gif

I didn't notice any more than usual this evening. Perhaps they're resting after their first workout yesterday.

Probably most of the new sign ups were on a monthly memnership already amd how you know for sure 300 signed up.

I reckon that Tony dares to brag so now and then.

You just missed out on the liftetime offer for 15000 at Tony's. It was yesterday. Tony made a killing again with over 300 signed up. That's about 550 members signed up in the last 2 lifetime "one day" offers in 5 months.

You have to doubt the sanity of anyone paying lifetime memberships of anything in Pattaya !!

Probably as enforceable in reality as LT meaning just that...............

You have to doubt the sanity of anyone paying lifetime memberships of anything in Pattaya !!

Please, let's not start this nonsense again - this topic has been beaten to death.... and you're trying to insult over 300 people while you're at it.

Why would you assume a person who pays 15000 baht thinks it's for an actual lifetime? I'd say 99% of takers don't expect an actual lifetime. The other 1% are probably old enough that they will get a lifetime there.

Less than 2 years and you're ahead already.

Edited by tropo

Please, let's not start this nonsense again - this topic has been beaten to death.... and you're trying to insult over 300 people while you're at it.

Why would you assume a person who pays 15000 baht thinks it's for an actual lifetime? I'd say 99% of takers don't expect an actual lifetime. The other 1% are probably old enough that they will get a lifetime there.

What topic has been done to death.....?? No idea ??

So you are suggesting that 99% of takers dont even believe its a Lifetime in the first place !!

Yes fair enough they probably would be better off after 2-3 years but clearly any enterprise desperate enough to offer this "deal" must be very short on cash flow............

There can be no other real reason I can see........?? What sell a few bottles of Water, Protein Powders etc to guys and thats it indefinately ??

What topic has been done to death.....?? No idea ??

So you are suggesting that 99% of takers dont even believe its a Lifetime in the first place !!

Yes fair enough they probably would be better off after 2-3 years but clearly any enterprise desperate enough to offer this "deal" must be very short on cash flow............

There can be no other real reason I can see........?? What sell a few bottles of Water, Protein Powders etc to guys and thats it indefinately ??

The topic of lifetime memberships has been done to death, with people such as yourself claiming that it's a bad investment and that people who pay for them are idiots.

I stated 2 years - it's not 2 - 3 years. 2 years will set you back 16,000 at Tony's, so it's less than 2 years to break even. In fact you break even at 1 year and a day if he stays open. At one year and a day you'll be ahead of someone who paid yearly by 1000 baht.biggrin.png

It's not a big deal. You just have to ask if he's likely to stay open for a year and a day. The chances are very high that it will.

Obviously you don't know much about Tony's gyms. They run on very low overhead and he's been around for a long time. He has a virtual monopoly on gyms in Pattaya.

What has been done to death is Tropo posting the same old nonsense on a thread that has nothing to do with long term memberships.

Hey guys, who can recommend a cheap/value for money gym in pattaya for short memberships (under a month).

Give it a rest old man.

I couldn't quote you Tropo but I guess if you can use all his Gyms its not such a bad deal........

On the basis that someone else said half of the members will give up within a month, some move away, and a few drop dead or take Air Trips off Balconies then perhaps its not such a bad crack.....

What has been done to death is Tropo posting the same old nonsense on a thread that has nothing to do with long term memberships.

Hey guys, who can recommend a cheap/value for money gym in pattaya for short memberships (under a month).

Give it a rest old man.

JJ

How come you have blocked me on PM's.........??

Thought we were on good terms these days....??

Sent you one re that thread I put up in Computers etc but wouldn't let me send ??

Not everyone who takes up the membership will live in Pattaya. I've taken memberships and used them for a few months each year. So it would take years to 'recoup' the value of my investment. When I stay elsewhere in Thailand, there are no Tony's gym there, so I have to pay anyway.

Of course it will suit some, hence the rush to purchase. :)

Give it a rest old man.

JJ

Sent you one re that thread I put up in Computers etc but wouldn't let me send ??

Had a look through the options. Try again.

Give it a rest old man.

JJ

Not quite sure what you're saying....!!

Whatever I put a thread up today in computers Sub Forum..........that Fujitsu AH531 you recommended which is excellent has just promptly for no reason that I can see gone from super quick to super slow.......

No Malware/Viruses........Norton running and absolutely nothing downloaded or dodgy emails opened....??

Not everyone who takes up the membership will live in Pattaya. I've taken memberships and used them for a few months each year. So it would take years to 'recoup' the value of my investment. When I stay elsewhere in Thailand, there are no Tony's gym there, so I have to pay anyway.

Of course it will suit some, hence the rush to purchase. smile.png

That was an absolutely brilliant deduction. If you're training in England for most of the year it wouldn't make sense, would it?

I couldn't quote you Tropo but I guess if you can use all his Gyms its not such a bad deal........

On the basis that someone else said half of the members will give up within a month, some move away, and a few drop dead or take Air Trips off Balconies then perhaps its not such a bad crack.....

Are you still talking about life time memberships?

You don't have much choice in Pattaya. As I said before, Tony has the market cornered and runs about 10 gyms now. It's not a matter of what's a good deal, it's a matter of what you can find....and in Pattaya you won't find much else besides Tony's gyms.

Here's the list:

1. Tony's

2. Universe Gym

3. Castra Gym

4. Fairtex

Fairtex does not qualify as a cheap gym. These are your options. That's it.

Edited by tropo

You don't have much choice in Pattaya. As I said before, Tony has the market cornered and runs about 10 gyms now. It's not a matter of what's a good deal, it's a matter of what you can find....and in Pattaya you won't find much else besides Tony's gyms.

Here's the list:

1. Tony's

2. Universe Gym

3. Castra Gym

4. Fairtex

You sure you're not married to his sister by chance.........!!

You seem in love with him..............!

Whatever thanks for your advice.

Here's the list:

1. Tony's

2. Universe Gym

3. Castra Gym

4. Fairtex

He certainly does not love Tony's gym, i bet he would be back in california wow in a heartbeat if it had not closed.

I'm a fan of Tony's gyms?

cheesy.gif

No idea why you are rolling around the floor but one thinks you dont half protest too much....................

Give it a rest old man.

JJ

Not quite sure what you're saying....!!

Whatever I put a thread up today in computers Sub Forum..........that Fujitsu AH531 you recommended which is excellent has just promptly for no reason that I can see gone from super quick to super slow.......

No Malware/Viruses........Norton running and absolutely nothing downloaded or dodgy emails opened....??

Since this thread is %^&^% anyway..... I meant the sending of a PM.

Anyway, have you looked at your Task Manager to check which process is hogging the CPU? Checked that the machine is utilising the installed RAM(was it 4GB?) ?

cheesy.gif

No idea why you are rolling around the floor but one thinks you dont half protest too much....................

No protest required. Just read some of my comments on other Tony's threads.

cheesy.gif

No protest required. Just read some of my comments on other Tony's threads.

But this is not a Tony's thread. So how his lifetime membership fee came into a query about use of a gym for less than a month is hard to fathom.

As for me training in the UK, that is even more vacuous. I would consider a long term membership if the gyms were anything less than makeshift. Having experience of using his gyms before..... no thank you. Started off ok and went to crap.

But this is not a Tony's thread. So how his lifetime membership fee came into a query about use of a gym for less than a month is hard to fathom.

As for me training in the UK, that is even more vacuous. I would consider a long term membership if the gyms were anything less than makeshift. Having experience of using his gyms before..... no thank you. Started off ok and went to crap.

This is a thread about cheap gym recommendations. Tony's has cheap gyms all over Pattaya. If you weren't living in England you may have a clue about the gym situation in Pattaya. Apart from 2 cheap gyms I mentioned in a post above, he owns all the others... and he's opening up more cheap gyms by the month.

Edited by tropo