Cheap Gym Recommendation?

btowny

But this is not a Tony's thread. So how his lifetime membership fee came into a query about use of a gym for less than a month is hard to fathom.

As for me training in the UK, that is even more vacuous. I would consider a long term membership if the gyms were anything less than makeshift. Having experience of using his gyms before..... no thank you. Started off ok and went to crap.

Give it a break and stop trying to turn this into a flame thread... again..

This is a thread about cheap gym recommendations. Tony's has cheap gyms all over Pattaya. If you weren't living in England you may have a clue about the gym situation in Pattaya. Apart from 2 cheap gyms I mentioned in a post above, he owns all the others... and he's opening up more cheap gyms by the month.

Cheap gym recommendation for memberships of less than a month. Seems that all of that training is doing little for your intelligence. You just appear like a man obsessed.

You haven't quoted a monthly price for any gym at all. You just appear obsessed with banging on about Tony's Gym and his 'lifetime' membership fee, whether people are interested or not.

It would haven't been as bad if you had a least quoted a monthly figure for the OP. Instead you start banging on about 'lifetime' and 'monopoly'..... come on. Give it a rest.

Why not keep it to the relevant thread, instead of spreading it all over like a virus?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this is not a Tony's thread. So how his lifetime membership fee came into a query about use of a gym for less than a month is hard to fathom.

As for me training in the UK, that is even more vacuous. I would consider a long term membership if the gyms were anything less than makeshift. Having experience of using his gyms before..... no thank you. Started off ok and went to crap.

This is a thread about cheap gym recommendations. Tony's has cheap gyms all over Pattaya. If you weren't living in England you may have a clue about the gym situation in Pattaya. Apart from 2 cheap gyms I mentioned in a post above, he owns all the others... and he's opening up more cheap gyms by the month.

Cheap gym recommendation for memberships of less than a month. Seems that all of that training is doing little for your intelligence. You just appear like a man obsessed.

You haven't quoted a monthly price for any gym at all. You just appear obsessed with banging on about Tony's Gym and his 'lifetime' membership fee, whether people are interested or not.

It would haven't been as bad if you had a least quoted a monthly figure for the OP. Instead you start banging on about 'lifetime' and 'monopoly'..... come on. Give it a rest.

Why not keep it to the relevant thread, instead of spreading it all over like a virus?

Couldn't quote you earlier but yes 4GB

Will take a look later at Task Manager as literally just going out the door

You mean like you and your computer stuff being relevant in the thread ?

The cheap gyms I mentioned also have the cheapest monthly rates.

About 1000 per month on average.

Now stop flaming and go away. Start a thread about cold weather training in England on UK Muscle.

JJ

How come you have blocked me on PM's.........??

Thought we were on good terms these days....??

Sent you one re that thread I put up in Computers etc but wouldn't let me send ??

Had a look through the options. Try again.

Not quite sure what you're saying....!!

Whatever I put a thread up today in computers Sub Forum..........that Fujitsu AH531 you recommended which is excellent has just promptly for no reason that I can see gone from super quick to super slow.......

No Malware/Viruses........Norton running and absolutely nothing downloaded or dodgy emails opened....??

Since this thread is %^&^% anyway..... I meant the sending of a PM.

Anyway, have you looked at your Task Manager to check which process is hogging the CPU? Checked that the machine is utilising the installed RAM(was it 4GB?) ?

Be a good chappie and take this computer stuff to the appropriate forum.

Edited by tropo

JJ

How come you have blocked me on PM's.........??

Thought we were on good terms these days....??

Sent you one re that thread I put up in Computers etc but wouldn't let me send ??

Had a look through the options. Try again.

Not quite sure what you're saying....!!

Whatever I put a thread up today in computers Sub Forum..........that Fujitsu AH531 you recommended which is excellent has just promptly for no reason that I can see gone from super quick to super slow.......

No Malware/Viruses........Norton running and absolutely nothing downloaded or dodgy emails opened....??

Since this thread is %^&^% anyway..... I meant the sending of a PM.

Anyway, have you looked at your Task Manager to check which process is hogging the CPU? Checked that the machine is utilising the installed RAM(was it 4GB?) ?

Be a good chappie and take this computer stuff to the appropriate forum.

Sarcasm I believe is the lowest form of W.................Go back to your all so important training.....

If you had actually read what I put earlier within the post you see why I had the opportunity to contact JJ here.......

Only Tony is cheap. Others are cheaters!

What kind of nonsense is this??

Universe gym is something like 800 baht per month. How much is it at Tony's gym?

universal is 800 pm.good machines and plenty of. good staff. got to be the cheapest

Not really...Fairtex is about the same if all you want is access to the weights, aerobic machines, and saunas/locker.

Not really...Fairtex is about the same if all you want is access to the weights, aerobic machines, and saunas/locker.

How much are they a month? It cost me 300 baht for a single visit in the weight room.

universal is 800 pm.good machines and plenty of. good staff. got to be the cheapest

The new Tony's Soi Buakhao gym has a monthly deal around the price, but if you like free weights Universe would be a better option.

Tony’s & Universe are probably the cheapest so you can go off of location & environment to base your decision. There’s another tiny gym behind Big C Sukhumvit. It’s pretty small and has the most basic equipment, but I remember it being dirt cheap, like 20baht or 30baht a visit. Don’t remember what the weekly or monthly fee was.

You mean like you and your computer stuff being relevant in the thread ?

Birds of a feather ....

Since your friend had already &^%$£$ the thread, it didn't seem to make any odds.

I had already posted a recommendation, with prices.

Universe gym is something like 800 baht per month. How much is it at Tony's gym?

Website states 4000 baht per month for a Sports membership. Would be surprised if it was 800 baht as you suggest.

Tony’s & Universe are probably the cheapest so you can go off of location & environment to base your decision. There’s another tiny gym behind Big C Sukhumvit. It’s pretty small and has the most basic equipment, but I remember it being dirt cheap, like 20baht or 30baht a visit. Don’t remember what the weekly or monthly fee was.

They had a special of 1000 baht for six months the last time that I looked. :)

Bike riders are another breed entirely, that's for sure...

Do you have skinny, shaven legs and wear bright lycra pants and spend all day discussing your frame and gears?

Mark Rippetoe (a renowned strength coach) had some funny comments to make about cyclists.... "most cyclists are not athletes......."

Watch this short video to hear his full comment.

Note he said "most cyclists"... perhaps you are an athlete, but judging by your comments on this thread that's highly unlikely.

I doubt if that dodgy video would support anyones argument - roadies are not athletes ? blink.png

And why is he wielding what looks like a machete in the gym ? w00t.gif

He is a great strength coach and knows what he is doing, wrote some great books and i still love the guy for his advice on squat and dead-lifts He does have some controversial idea's. I doubt Tropo would like his idea's on body-builders. He is quite famous trained good athletes.

Oh about the machete, i believe back there its used to motivate roadies to do some strength training.. .biggrin.png

I think Tropo just got fed up by some tourists telling people about a place they don't spend much time in. Heck i don't even live in Pattaya but i think im more often there then those guys. So he pisses them off with some clip, anyway I for one found the lifetime membership idea interesting because if i train somewhere id like to know how crowded it is. Seems a normal consideration when training somewhere, valid information.

Also Tropo his remark about big guys is quite valid those guys do something right, it can't be all steroids Anyone who ever used the stuff knows they only help if other factors are there too. Like a good diet and solid training, else you loose those gains quite quickly.

I would not consider Tropo bulked up, he is big and lean and as far as i know is not a supporter of bulking up. Neither am I i like to stay lean and if possible big, just big isn't fun. There are so many people in gyms who don't know what they are doing its amazing. The guys with the big bodies do at least some parts good.

Website states 4000 baht per month for a Sports membership. Would be surprised if it was 800 baht as you suggest.

I don't know what the 4000 baht package includes (maybe muay Thai training). I've been a member for two years and just renewed my membership last month. It's about B900/mo. for my above mentioned membership; throw in pool use and it's B1000; throw in tennis, squash, rock-climbing, and badminton and it's about B1500.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I don't know what the 4000 baht package includes (maybe muay Thai training). I've been a member for two years and just renewed my membership last month. It's about B900/mo. for my above mentioned membership; throw in pool use and it's B1000; throw in tennis, squash, rock-climbing, and badminton and it's about B1500.

If you have a membership for 2 years already and just renewed it a month ago, I would believe you know the exact amount of what you paid and not about.

So how much exactly did you pay for for how many months ?

If you have a membership for 2 years already and just renewed it a month ago, I would believe you know the exact amount of what you paid and not about.

Wow...this is a tough crowd...okay, you want specifics (must be an accountant): I paid B 12,999 for the year or B1083.25 per month. This includes use of the weight-room and aerobic machines, pool, steam and dry saunas, lockers, and towel service. They knock off about B1500 if you don't want the pool and add about 5000 if you want to use the tennis courts and other stuff I mentioned.

Happy now rolleyes.gif

Wow...this is a tough crowd...okay, you want specifics (must be an accountant): I paid B 12,999 for the year or B1083.25 per month. This includes use of the weight-room and aerobic machines, pool, steam and dry saunas, lockers, and towel service. They knock off about B1500 if you don't want the pool and add about 5000 if you want to use the tennis courts and other stuff I mentioned.

Happy now rolleyes.gif

Not to be an accountant but just to know the specifics which was neccessary since it shows that in only 3 posts of you we went from about 800 Baht > about 900 Baht > 1083.25 Baht.

That's an increase of ABOUT 30% in only 3 posts. biggrin.png

Happy now rolleyes.gif

Not to be an accountant but just to know the specifics which was neccessary since it shows that in only 3 posts of you we went from about 800 Baht > about 900 Baht > 1083.25 Baht.

Not really, because the fitness products being compared vary as well. Initially, I was replying to a post relating that Universe was a cheap gym at about 800 I think. If you compare the basic (non-pool) Fairtex membership, it comes to under B1000 per month. (I don't recall Universe having a pool.). Some have the impression that Fairtex is expensive but there are different membership options for various budgets and needs.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Not really, because the fitness products being compared vary as well. Initially, I was replying to a post relating that Universe was a cheap gym at about 800 I think. If you compare the basic (non-pool) Fairtex membership, it comes to under B1000 per month. (I don't recall Universe having a pool.). Some have the impression that Fairtex is expensive but there are different membership options for various budgets and needs.

Thanks for the explanation, now keep in mind that the 800 Baht per month is a monthly membership at Universe gym where a yearly membership is only 4000 Baht or 333 Baht/month.

Pattaya-Gym6.jpg

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

I doubt if that dodgy video would support anyones argument - roadies are not athletes ? blink.png

And why is he wielding what looks like a machete in the gym ? w00t.gif

You've got to understand the context of his comments.

Let me explain.

In the video Mark Rippetoe was paying respect to Chris Ronan, a competitive cyclist from Texas who used to train on that rack in that gym (Rippetoe's gym).

He used to do a lot of squats and was very strong on them so Rippetoe named the rack after him. It was mentioned that he could squat 315 lbs x 20 reps (unconfirmed).

In that context, what Rippetoe said about cyclists was very funny.

Edited by tropo

A monthly deal cannot be compared to a yearly deal divided by 12. Universe is only 800 per month and 4000 per year. Divided by 12 that's only 333 per month.

Edited by tropo

Thanks for the explanation, now keep in mind that the 800 Baht per month is a monthly membership at Universe gym where a yearly membership is only 4000 Baht or 333 Baht/month.

Pattaya-Gym6.jpg

Ok, good that we're all comparing apples to apples now...so everyone can pick the gym that suits their needs and budget.

Pattaya-Gym6.jpg

Ok, good that we're all comparing apples to apples now...so everyone can pick the gym that suits their needs and budget.

Seems a cracking price for Monthly 800 Baht in my opinion.