Bamboo Bar

HullyGully

I think they are due reopen at the weekend.i.e. Friday. But it depends if they can get it serviceable by then.

Do a search on facebook for bamboo bar, and you can get info about the refurb and reopening on their fb page.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Must be a hell of a bar for people to be awaiting its reopening...share the details.

Must be a hell of a bar for people to be awaiting its reopening...share the details.

Its rancid ,no joke .It badly needed a refit .

Is this the place near the UnIrish pub?

Nah, it's out in the sticks of Sansai.

Have you ever been to Sansai? You continually mention there is nothing there, no bar scene, etc etc

plenty of bars out sansai way

Have you ever been to Sansai? You continually mention there is nothing there, no bar scene, etc etc

and thats why they are desperate for their only watering hole to open.....come on guys have sympathy

and thats why they are desperate for their only watering hole to open.....come on guys have sympathy

In San Sai, the only watering hole? My god walk further than the 1st bar. There are at least 30 bars. Oops sorry they don't have bar girls so many may not have noticed themrolleyes.gif Edited by chooka

• 2 months later...

The owner of the Bamboo Bar got ...... over by the greedy landlord after finishing renovations, so, like the good bloke he is, he "unrenovated" it with a sledge hammer and is moving to new premises up the road a bit.

Cheers,

Pikey.

The Bamboo Bar closed as indicated above

The new Bar is due to open mid April and is located round the corner oposite 7/11

I understand the new name will be 'THE WHAT BAR'

The delay in opening is due to setting up the bar and owner and his wife taking a short holiday

Lets support the new 'WHAT BAR'

If anyone knows a firm opening dated please advise

Why not..... 'Yo, What's-Up Bar'?.....its unbelievable how people get torched by landlords here, I have heard of this happening numerous times, even where the greed-crazed clown takes over the establishment and runs it himself..... usually into the ground.

I spoke to Jools about it the other day, apparently the Landlord had seen the improvements that had been made, and so decided that he would put the rent up. Understandable if he had paid for the improvements, but he hadn't. Jooles and his wife had paid for everything. So fair play to him for leaving the bar the way he found it.

Good luck with the new place when it opens

I spoke to Jools about it the other day, apparently the Landlord had seen the improvements that had been made, and so decided that he would put the rent up. Understandable if he had paid for the improvements, but he hadn't. Jooles and his wife had paid for everything. So fair play to him for leaving the bar the way he found it.

Good luck with the new place when it opens

Any photos to show the high quality of de-un-dis-renovation????

Photo may be handy if any other landlords, in the future decide up the rent after the operator puts in thousands of baht in removations.

"GREEDY LANDLORDS....... Come on Down.......

This too can be yours if the price is WRONG"

[ just in case there are any other old timers who even remember and get it.]

My understanding was Joolz had talked to the landlord and agreed an increase in the rent.

In fact the landlord carried out most of the renovation.

Once the new build had been completed the games began

Screwing around with charges for electricity etc etc