Farm Photos

shaggy1969

So your first mission with your new camera is to show us how they do it..up your way..... without kick ass machines... thumbsup.giftongue.png

post-173268-0-70831000-1359894472_thumb.

OMG!!!!! .... that must take weeks, not hours to cut a field biggrin.pngw00t.gifI thought it was only like that in Burma still.... blink.png

I guess that's why the usually get three crops a year in Songkhla, and the farmers make a reasonable living by Thai standards wink.png

Haven't been out much over the last few years then? We cut our rice this way,by hand, last season and every year before that. In certain field conditions you have no choice.

Why wild pigs over domestic breeds of pigs ?

They are?

I've never thought of it.... I'm not a piggy expert....wink.pngbiggrin.png ... just thought these were a Thai type piggies...whistling.gif

They sell them to the locals.... they always leave the farm alive (oh the noise they make!) .... and the pork they eat themselves comes from Tesco! (as does the chicken)

Thai holidays are never a good time for the piggies! .... many seem to have gone lately, I guess because of Chinese New Year? whistling.gif

Ha ha ... IsaanAussie... be careful or I get Mr DAL after you!...cover your ._____ tongue.pngbiggrin.png

They are?

I've never thought of it.... I'm not a piggy expert....wink.pngbiggrin.png ... just thought these were a Thai type piggies...whistling.gif

They sell them to the locals.... they always leave the farm alive (oh the noise they make!) .... and the pork they eat themselves comes from Tesco! (as does the chicken)

Thai holidays are never a good time for the piggies! .... many seem to have gone lately, I guess because of Chinese New Year? whistling.gif

Ha ha ... IsaanAussie... be careful or I get Mr DAL after you!...cover your ._____ tongue.pngbiggrin.png

I am not Ok, ehm, O-gay with that..

• Like 1

They are much cheaper to raise than their domestic cousin's ,usually feed on scraps and left overs.They are also a lot more hardy than domestic pigs and can withstand the sun and heat better and only need basic shelter......can be vicious buggers as well !!!

• Like 1

They are much cheaper to raise than their domestic cousin's ,usually feed on scraps and left overs.They are also a lot more hardy than domestic pigs and can withstand the sun and heat better and only need basic shelter......can be vicious buggers as well !!!

post-126208-0-29721800-1360095279_thumb.post-126208-0-47313000-1360095280_thumb.post-126208-0-49724200-1360095281_thumb.

post-126208-0-08414000-1360095587_thumb.post-126208-0-01826600-1360095597_thumb.

Edited by shaggy1969
  • Like 2

What do you mean vicious? Doesnt everyone pat their pigs with a 3 metre piece of bamboo? Seriously? Good reason to relax gun control....

It was a scary sight mate,I was on the other side of the wall to them but when the big one charged I moved further away....thought it was going to break through the wall.

Well, there is your answer..

• Like 1

Well, there is your answer..

Interesting!!! ..... in the over four years I've known my neighbours, with their pigs, chickens, ducks etc, I have never seen their pigs get vicious in anyway! Mama's in the stalls everyday as are some of the kids too, helping ... Even when someone comes to buy one, it's a bit of a chase and a lot of squealing, until cornered then it's on to the truck!

They get feed on chopped or ground coconuts and leaves or chopped up stems from bananas... mostly... so pretty simple really!!!

The only domestic pig they have is a Vietnamese Pot bellied pig, who runs around where ever he wants! I am not sure what his destiny in life is!... whistling.gif

There is only one "Pappa" pig, that I know of and he's huge... I have often wondered about "inbreeding" with his children ... w00t.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

Interesting, thought it could be something to do with price.

Used to hunt wild pigs back home, kill you wild.

There is only one "Pappa" pig, that I know of and he's huge... I have often wondered about "inbreeding" with his children ... w00t.gif

Dueling Banjo's and " I bet you can squeal like a pig " sprang to mind after reading your last line. crazy.gifw00t.gif

Maybe you could get a shot of the "Pappa" pig? thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Shaggy, Thanks so much for the thread and the wonderful pictures. The site tells me I'm out of "likes" for the day. I didn't know there was a limit. That's a first.

Thanks to everyone else too.

Your very welcome NeverSure, and a big thumb's up to everyone else also thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Dueling Banjo's and " I bet you can squeal like a pig " sprang to mind after reading your last line. crazy.gifw00t.gif

Maybe you could get a shot of the "Pappa" pig? thumbsup.gif

biggrin.png OK!!!! .... will add to today's "To Do List"... Pappa Piggy is the hardest pen to get to, (well for me that is!! whistling.gif ) Oink Oink .... Squeal ! w00t.gif