Farm Photos

shaggy1969

@samuijimmy,a couple of great shots of 'papa',thanks for taking the time and effort to get today's photo.......certainly put on a few pounds hasn't he !!

Yeah he's one big boy!!! at least three times larger than the other piggies!!! (the green hue on him is from the shade cloth BTW.... )

Perhaps I should take down to this guy and give him a wash!! biggrin.png

IMG_3238.JPG

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@samuijimmy,a couple of great shots of 'papa',thanks for taking the time and effort to get today's photo.......certainly put on a few pounds hasn't he !!

Yeah he's one big boy!!! at least three times larger than the other piggies!!! (the green hue on him is from the shade cloth BTW.... )

Perhaps I should take down to this guy and give him a wash!! biggrin.png

Thats a great photo. Mr. SamuiJimmy!wai2.gif

I understand you have an old- and a new farm. Mr. Shaggy. Are we seeing only the old pics?

There are many different farms Dancealot,mostly are from the old farm , there are some photos from friends farms in Kalasin and Mahasarakham and also from my g/f's and her uncles rubber farms.

No new farm for Shaggy ATM but who knows what the future will bring !!!!

I understand you have an old- and a new farm. Mr. Shaggy. Are we seeing only the old pics?

You have so many posts i thought it was from more. Your photography skills are impressive Mr. Shaggy. It is overwhelming.

Cheers mate,......all of the photos from you and the other posters are wonderful (hopefully many more to come.)

Hydroponic lettuce growing...(Basil and other crops too depending on season) On Koh Samui there are at least six of these places... This one near me.

The culls are used for the pigs previously posted! thumbsup.gif

IMG_5728.JPG

Looks like they eat a lot of lettuce on Samui.

Preparing the snake that was just run over by Mr. Farang

post-70928-0-45466500-1360340003_thumb.j

Could you run over a snake for me please,have never tasted snake.......is it good to eat?

They say it taste like chicken, they say the same about frogs and wabbits too.... sick.gifbah.gif

To Diddums, (so not to repost the pictures again!) At least the lettuce tastes OK... yeah with at least 6 of these farms on Samui, one that I know of on KP ... that's a lot of lettuce! ....

Yet about a month + ago, they could not get it ready, due to rain and lack of light!..... much of it was dumped as it rotted ! sad.png

post-126208-0-67074400-1360389688_thumb.

post-126208-0-44482000-1360389689_thumb.

post-126208-0-69621300-1360389690_thumb.

Mate ... those last 3 photos interest me.

Photo # 10 ... that a hell of a gold bracelet the Lassies is wearing!

Photo # 11 ... impressed with the protective gear the concrete worker is wearing.

Photo # 12 ... what shoes is Shaggy wearing ... mine are K-Mart (Aussie) and near identicial.

post-126208-0-67074400-1360389688_thumb.

post-126208-0-44482000-1360389689_thumb.

post-126208-0-69621300-1360389690_thumb.

Mate ... those last 3 photos interest me.

Photo # 10 ... that a hell of a gold bracelet the Lassies is wearing!

Photo # 11 ... impressed with the protective gear the concrete worker is wearing.

Photo # 12 ... what shoes is Shaggy wearing ... mine are K-Mart (Aussie) and near identicial.

Photo #10,impressive indeed,must be big money in digging holes.

Photo #11, was not happy with the head protection......it clashes too much with his overalls !!! rolleyes.gif

Photo #12,Sunday markets specials,60 Baht if I remember good......just the thing needed to stop bamboo thorns ....Not !!!!

Could you run over a snake for me please,have never tasted snake.......is it good to eat?

It was chopped up in small pieces and Kha preaw was made of it. It has a strange consistency i cannot describe. I can only give a bad comparison:

If you traded the snake for pork in that particular meal you would notice the difference..

I thought that was funny to write in here..smile.png

They say it taste like chicken, they say the same about frogs and wabbits too....

To Diddums, (so not to repost the pictures again!)

Folks down in Samui must be pretty keen individuals with all those letturce around...

Oh and 1 more thing. Of course you already knew that every quote u use in your posts can be partially deleted ..

maybe you like my photo?

pa nd me

me

@ MissFarmgirl, Welcome! Very nice to have an expert here. Be sure to make a lot of photo's to bring with you before you gothumbsup.gif .

Question about your 2nd picture: Do you just leave a field like this and do nothing?

I mean to say after months of drying it is a very hard job to make the soil 'loose' again especially with no water around..

post-70928-0-32993500-1360493948_thumb.j

The Kobuta tractor here is to small for a job like this.

Thank you.

Archived