Farm Photos

shaggy1969

DSC09598-P.JPG

So this noob has yet to get out the tourist traps and bars.. Is that sleep quarters for the Farm hands?

What the generally are for is when there is some machinery running and has to be watched or just for a shady rest.Sometimes people will sleep in them over night to keep an eye on things like refueling or vandalism.Most people in my area live in the village and travel out to their farms every day.A brother in-law had a problem a few years ago when someone disconnected the iron buffalo from the water pump during the night and then run it down into the khlong . Unfortunately, he was sleeping back home that night.

welcome villagefarang

I concur and look forward to seeing more of your outstanding images like those I have appreciated in the past.

You will find us a happy and friendly lot here with a bit of friendly banter thrown in for good measure.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

My apologies to Shaggy for not contributing to this great topic. Some of the photos in this thread are amazing. I keep trying to make a difference in Chiang Rai but I get nothing but grief for it from some of the local forum members.
I took this shot while out on my mt. bike this afternoon and liked the contrast between the peaceful solitude of the guy walking in the rice field and the anger of the developing storm in the distance. It is those frequent storms which are keeping things so green and lush during this season of contrast and beautiful scenery.

Welcome back, villagefarang. Your presence and contributions were missed.

wai2.gif

• Like 1

My apologies to Shaggy for not contributing to this great topic. Some of the photos in this thread are amazing. I keep trying to make a difference in Chiang Rai but I get nothing but grief for it from some of the local forum members.

My dear VF, No apologies needed.You are welcome anytime,but I think you already know that by the responses above.

On a personal note. I would also like to welcome you back and thank you for sharing your beautiful images with us.

It is really nice to see that you have found the time and passion for photography again.

• Like 2

Anyone know the English names for these two items? The yellow fruit is crispy and super tasty..... a perfect afternoon snack. The bug, called Kai Bin up here is common at the end of the rainy season. Possibly also a good afternoon snack. All help appreciated....

15008995855_3f25c71c62_z_d.jpg

15005900821_fa65e7cf3d_z_d.jpg

• Like 1

I know nothing about growing avocados but think I have heard that trees grown from seeds don’t produce fruit. I guess my wife will find out as we have a few trees out in the front field which seem to be very healthy.
My wife loves avocados and will buy those tiny imports at Makro for 69 baht. Our neighbor has a few trees in their yard my wife says they are delicious so she buys all they produce. We got 18 kilos the other day and yesterday they brought over a few more bags.
She can’t possibly eat all of them so is busy handing them out to friends at school and elsewhere. I believe she buys them for 20 baht per kilo.

10599349_767101493333630_116509035233345

That is true for both avocado and mango.... Seeded trees need to be grafted. This seasons avocado crop is quite good and we have had a plentiful supply of guacamole around the house!

• Like 1

Anyone know the English names for these two items? The yellow fruit is crispy and super tasty..... a perfect afternoon snack. The bug, called Kai Bin up here is common at the end of the rainy season. Possibly also a good afternoon snack. All help appreciated....

15008995855_3f25c71c62_z_d.jpg

15005900821_fa65e7cf3d_z_d.jpg

The fruit is a Persimon.My wife used to buy them a lot in Australia.

• Like 2

Nice photo Sammy ... thumbsup.gif

Cute as Piglets. Love their little black boots.

Any thoughts on their breed?

No idea of breed David, ... blink.png I was told they were same as the others, perhaps when they grow up they will be like this! ?wink.png

IMG_7183.JPG

or this.... he must think he's a dog whistling.gif

IMG_7184.JPG

• Like 2