Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Here's my Italian Basil.... not a good angle shot.... wink.png

Needs picking to make some pesto soon! But this will last months if keep in cut back... thumbsup.gif

My Chillies not fairing so well... sad.png

And not sure why the Dill is soooo slow! blink.png

AHA! Throwing in the puny Italian BASIL now, are we! I am on to youtongue.png.

Tsk, that it has to come to this..whistling.gif

I will counter with some freshly picked lemongrass i used later that day for my tomyammoo.

attachicon.gifIMG_3435 (1000 x 562).jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3439 (1000 x 562).jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3445 (1000 x 562).jpg.

laugh.png

My GF was here in Australia recently and one thing that is a problem for her is finding reasonably priced Thai herbs such as Lemon grass, Basil, Mint, chillies, Lime Kaffir leaves etc. The quality is also an issue. (I have no where to grow them where I am)

She got very excited when we went to a friend's house and my friend told her she could help herself to the Lemon grass in the garden. Out she went, very excited, walked into the overgrown garden bed, bent over and started to pull out a nice bunch.

"Careful of the snakes" I told her.

She stopped, mid pull, looked around quickly to make sure there were no snakes about. 'eee bah!" she muttered, triumphantly holding the lemon grass high as she made a quick exit, unwilling to forgo the lemon grass. laugh.png

• Like 1

Here's my Italian Basil.... not a good angle shot.... wink.png

Needs picking to make some pesto soon! But this will last months if keep in cut back... thumbsup.gif

My Chillies not fairing so well... sad.png

And not sure why the Dill is soooo slow! blink.png

AHA! Throwing in the puny Italian BASIL now, are we! I am on to youtongue.png.

Tsk, that it has to come to this..whistling.gif

I will counter with some freshly picked lemongrass i used later that day for my tomyammoo.

attachicon.gifIMG_3435 (1000 x 562).jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3439 (1000 x 562).jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3445 (1000 x 562).jpg.

Moewahahahalaugh.png

why does the word that describes this come to mind tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Chawang%2520Lake%2520%252027%2520Jan%252

perhaps should collect some for my Dill ?wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

yeah I know, maybe this is a new dwarf type! ...wink.pngsad.pngor it did not get enough TLC because I was giving DAL too much when he was visitingbiggrin.pngtongue.png

You gave me a lot, sugar. But what have you done for me lately?sad.png

perhaps should collect some for my Dill ?wink.png

Next time we'll meet i promiss i will walk to you in slow motion only like David Hasselhof in Baywatch can dogiggle.gif . Holding my backpack like a red lifeguard floater around my waist.

cool.png

Edited by Dancealot

yeah I know, maybe this is a new dwarf type! ...wink.pngsad.pngor it did not get enough TLC because I was giving DAL too much when he was visitingbiggrin.pngtongue.png

You gave me a lot, sugar. But what have you done for me lately?sad.png

What do you mean? Are you fishing for some more "likes" ? biggrin.png

Chawang%2520Lake%2520%252027%2520Jan%252

Edited by samuijimmy

To answer Bookman's question... there were too many text blocks to answer within the original question

Re RICE HARVESTERS

"People mainly buying them on credit?

Or is it a status thing to own one?"

Getting back to being serious...wink.pngDAL's gone to bed ... ha ha!

To answer that question about being a status symbol, I would say no....Credit, no doubt yes!

They hire them out for harvesting the rice crops... I guess enough business to feed everyone and make the payments! Not only do they have the harvester, but also a large truck to take them where they need to go...thumbsup.gif

Hard to find labour now to do by hand, and much faster to do.... my friend down there in Songkhla, did tell me how much to do a field, but I forget what he said now...blink.png His (family) fields are about 12 rai plots... x 3 or 4 plots.... Which I think is about average for each of the rice farmers down there.... so I don't think for most farmers they could justify having their own machine.... or even Kubota tractor for that matter.... Those are hired out too! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

Untitled.jpg

(ran out of likes,so I had to make my own !!!!)

Tried clicking it Shaggy but it doesnt do anything. Can't you make it work?

Tssk,............'Shaggy shakes his head in disbelief '

That's because it is My like button dear Dalboy rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

ssk,............'Shaggy shakes his head in disbelief '

Tried clicking it Shaggy but it doesnt do anything. Can't you make it work?

That's because it is My like button dear Dalboy rolleyes.gif

Silly mecrazy.gif

Today i pay my due to the "Land Deity" with the promised offering...

I guess we clicked, he made me prosperous...

(Per season ! Help from an elderly to do the rite.)

And may your next harvest be a fruitful as your last. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

This is what caused the flooding of hundreds and hundreds of rai in our area during the thai floods of 2011.This pipe is on our property and normally drains water from surrounding rice paddy's into a large khlong on the other side of the road and the outlet is normally 5 metres above the water.The son realised what was going to happen ad blocked the pipe off on the khlong side with a 10ml thick metal plate and piled a large amout of clay in front of it.Couldn't believe it but aperson or persons unknown removed it and that allowed the water to flow in reverse onto our property resulting in what you see.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101802868/Video0000.3gp

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101802868/Video0001.3gp

post-140056-0-55794300-1368003828_thumb.

post-140056-0-90910600-1368003900_thumb.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

This is what caused the flooding of hundreds and hundreds of rai in our area during the thai floods of 2011.This pipe is on our property and normally drains water from surrounding rice paddy's into a large khlong on the other side of the road and the outlet is normally 5 metres above the water.The son realised what was going to happen ad blocked the pipe off on the khlong side with a 10ml thick metal plate and piled a large amout of clay in front of it.Couldn't believe it but aperson or persons unknown removed it and that allowed the water to flow in reverse onto our property resulting in what you see.

How long did it take before the water was fully drained and you could use your land again?

How long did it take before the water was fully drained and you could use your land again?

Three months from early september till mid november and we were lucky to get the previous crop off only a couple of days before this happened.Other people weren't so lucky.Sorry about the quality of the video's,they were taken with a mobile phone.I cant get them to come up any bigger.

Edited by Ron19