Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Simple but effective Davidthumbsup.gif . Cant wait for soidog's latest contribution.wai.gif

To stay Ironic and polite to cool down people get a refreshment of spirits in between jobs@the farm. And one drink is very popular.....coffee1.gif

post-70928-0-62056400-1368483978_thumb.j

What's in a name?... I managed to get a clear shot to share here before it was disposed off..laugh.png

• Like 1

This piece was planted at the end of last year's rainy season.(no further rain for 3 month or so, only dew)

Somehow it survived to prosper.

Ehm, Soidog, this is another great pic but it is still too big. Didn't you understand was discussed on top and at the flipside of this page? Cant you resize your pics for us?

What crop is this? I do not know it. I like your colour balance between the air and the brightness of the field. For me it is still hard work to get this right.

Thanks.

Edited by Dancealot

Here is a smaller pic for you DAL....tongue.png

Oregano being produced at the hydroponic farm we never found time to see... (Grown in the ground in case you miss that whistling.gif ) smile.png

Surprised to see growing in the south ... he has a far bit of it to supply the restaurants around Samui!

2013-05-14-663.jpg

• Like 2

This piece was planted at the end of last year's rainy season.(no further rain for 3 month or so, only dew)

Same problem with the families Cassava.

Were the tubers smaller than you had expected when harvested?

@ David48 & teletiger

Awesome sunset photos guy's....and I do mean awesome.

Teletiger set fire to the sky and David set the pond alight !!!

David go stand in the corner,face the wall and repeat 100 times " I promise not to lie to Shaggy again about not having any good sunset photos !!! "

@ David48 & teletiger

Awesome sunset photos guy's....and I do mean awesome.

Teletiger set fire to the sky and David set the pond alight !!!

David go stand in the corner,face the wall and repeat 100 times " I promise not to lie to Shaggy again about not having any good sunset photos !!! "

Teletiger is also very modest, Shaggy. This is a virtue.

I agree with them. I think they show their goods when the time is right. Your sunsets are appreciated by me as well.

Same problem with the families Cassava.

Were the tubers smaller than you had expected when harvested?

Picture was taken yesterday, will not harvest untill the end of the year.

Last year we had a record harvest of almost 10 ton per rai from that same piece.

We had a long line of people waiting to buy the extra trees. 1 B. per one tree.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Some pics around our wee piece of landpost-100183-13685878241222_thumb.jpg

Just layed a few more load of small stones in preparation of the long awaited rains

post-100183-13685879331894_thumb.jpg view towards the back of the land, where we'll plant some more bamboo before the rains start,,, note my retriever Max, doing his best to catch some shade from the sun

post-100183-13685880950375_thumb.jpg surprisingly the last years bamboo is still doing ok considering the dry spell we've had

post-100183-13685882094766_thumb.jpg

post-100183-13685882502639_thumb.jpg the canal across the road at the front of the land is thankfully very slowly filling up again, although still not much rain to speak of

post-100183-13685885463203_thumb.jpg view from the entry road of the small shack we built on the land,, currently we use it for showering and cooking when we're on the land, the house we stay until we get our house built is about 17km from land

post-100183-13685888286836_thumb.jpg final view is from near the bottom of our access road,,,

post-100183-13685890029372_thumb.jpg final pic is where I'm currently relaxing right now,,, hehe,,, Kan Win will know exactly where I am

• Like 1

Ehm, Soidog, this is another great pic but it is still too big. Didn't you understand was discussed on top and at the flipside of this page? Cant you resize your pics for us?

What crop is this? I do not know it. I like your colour balance between the air and the brightness of the field. For me it is still hard work to get this right.

Thanks.

I suspect the problem lies with your browser; the picture should automatically

resize to fit your screen as per attached picture of the picture.

What do you use? & see attached.

Crop is cassava; six month old.

regards.

post-14625-0-79899200-1368589119_thumb.j

Thanks.

I suspect the problem lies with your browser; the picture should automatically

resize to fit your screen as per attached picture of the picture.

What do you use? & see attached.

I see what you see, but in the forum guidelines for posting pictures they do state: "Please keep all image sizes, attached or remote images, to no more than 1024 pixels wide. 800 wide is pretty optimum for the vast majority of browsers/monitors."

• Like 1

Cracking picture of the tea plantation.

Regards

Yes I agree....clap2.gif That looks better than the tea farms, around the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia!!!!

I always find it strange that Thai's are not tea drinkers.... except for Ice Tea bah.gif(or perhaps they do drink proper tea, in the north????)

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1