Torrents

lampard10

Myself, being a computor non-wizard, am a bit confused with torrents. OK, they can be used to download films,games, etc, but are they legal?

I downloaded Samrost using directions from the forum,then I used my own skill to download Sea Wars. Then it came to an abrupt halt. Although 1750 old games downloaded, all I got was info on them and technical data. Then when I downloaded Agatha Christies Ten Little Niggers all I got was a black screen when I clicked on the finished download. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use Bit Spirit as the download tool.Then find the torrents with www.torrentspy.com to find torrents,check the comments before you start the download to make sure its workable.

They are not legal,install peergaurdian2 for some protect from the internet police.

I mainly use it for movies and albums.Games need a few tools to instal them.The newer the torrents the more chance you have of a 100% finish.

PM me if you need any help,as I use these a lot.

A torrent simply contains the information to link you to a tracker that 'knows' who has got bits of the file you want. Torrents in themselves are not illegal, but the music and film industry have managed to stop some of the trackers that track copyright material.

It is illegal to download copyright material, but not all files available for download are copyright material - but a heck of a lot are!

As you have discovered fake files abound. If you look at the comments that are often on the same page giving information and a download link for a torrent that often shows if it is a fake or bad torrent.

You can easily get a small program that enables you to view a partially downloaded video, but I forget it's name! Then download only a bit, say 20meg and have a look, see if it is a video and if it is the one you wanted.

Not so essential with music as the files are normally shorter.

You can only download if someone somewhere in the world has it avaiable - with more obscure things often there are only 1 or two seeds (people with full copies of the file/film/music) and if they go to bed and turn off their computers hard luck. You have to wait until tomorrow when they get up.

As it is all free it is difficult to complain, but it can waste a bit of time!

Good luck