French National Arrested In Phuket

webfact

French national arrested in Phuket

By Digital Media

20130117173848.jpg

PHUKET, Jan 17 -- A male French national, wanted in his home country on a charge of rape, was arrested today by Thai police in this southern resort island.

Pol Maj-Gen Chitsanupong Yuktathat, Immigration Bureau Deputy Commissioner, told reporters at the Phuket Immigration Office that the Thai authorities were asked by the French embassy in Bangkok to find and arrest Chrisopher Pierre Verdino with outstanding arrest warrant in France on the rape charge.

The police officer said Mr Verdino, 28, was arrested in Patong subdistrict of Kathu district. He is considered a persona non grata in Thailand as he is on outstanding arrest warrant in his home country.

Gen Chitsanupong said Mr Verdino avoided the warrant and entered Thailand in 2007. He rented a home and worked as a chef at a Phuket restaurant.

Police said the suspect has overstayed his visa.

Legal action will be taken against the detainee for overstaying in Thailand and after the legal procedure is completed, he will be deported to France to stand trial on the rape charge. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-01-17

Arf... Christopher Verdino... what kind of French name is that again?

Of all the "French nationals" arrested in Thailand on whatever charges only very few have a French name.

France has been giving out passports like free candy.

• Like 1

Of all the "French nationals" arrested in Thailand on whatever charges only very few have a French name.

The family name Verdino is most likely from Italian origin.

Masses of French people have an Italian name.

EDIT:

Next tot that:

Ethnic groups:

Celtic and Latin with Teutonic, Slavic, North African, Indochinese, Basque minorities

overseas departments: black, white, mulatto, East Indian, Chinese, Amerindian

from: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/fr.html

Edited by LaoPo

EDIT:

Next tot that:

Ethnic groups:

Celtic and Latin with Teutonic, Slavic, North African, Indochinese, Basque minorities

I know... but "Christopher" as a first name ?? Christophe is French, Christopher is not.

EDIT:

Next tot that:

Ethnic groups:

I know... but "Christopher" as a first name ?? Christophe is French, Christopher is not.

Why not and why do you care? blink.png

Christopher is not an uncommon name in France.

I could name you lots of first names you probably never heard of, the same as YOU could name me lots of first names I never heard of.

Edited by LaoPo

EDIT:

Next tot that:

Ethnic groups:

Why not and why do you care? blink.png

Christopher is not an uncommon name in France.

I could name you lots of first names you probably never heard of, the same as YOU could name me lots of first names I never heard of.

No, Christopher with a final R is not common in France.

I care because I am (also) French and it is quite depressing to read headlines such as "French thief" "French killer" "French rapist" "French arrested" etc.

And then the names of the arrested people are upsetting.

France has been importing criminality, and now it is exporting it...

It's just sad.

• Like 2

French, Swedish fugitives nabbed

The Nation

PHUKET: -- Phuket Immigration Police have arrested two foreign fugitives - a Frenchman accused of sexually assaulting a disabled person and a Swede wanted for fraud and tax evasion.

French chef Christopher Pierre Verdino, 28, was arrested on Wednesday morning at a rented house in Patong. He had lived in Thailand for five years. When he applied for a new passport, the French Embassy found he was on the wanted list and contacted Phuket Immigration Police to locate him. Verdino, who was also charged with overstaying his visa, was taken by police to the French Embassy, which will then transport him to France to face trial.

On Monday, also in Patong, Phuket Immigration Police arrested Eriksson Bernt Olov Inge, 67. Swedish authorities urged the arrest after Inge's passport was cancelled. A warrant for his arrested was issued by Interpol in a fraud and tax evasion case worth about Bt100 million. He will be extradited to Sweden soon.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-18

Phuket Immigration arrests French chef for alleged rape of disabled woman

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A French chef working in Phuket’s premier party town, Patong, was arrested yesterday for the alleged rape of a disabled woman in his home country in 2004.

Christopher Pierre Verdino, 28, slipped into Thailand in 2007 three years after French authorities issued an arrest warrant. His exact whereabouts became known to the French Embassy in Bangkok after he made a request for a name change on his passport.

The Embassy then notified Phuket Immigration, who made the arrest yesterday at about 9:30am.

“He told us that he planned to change his name in his passport first, and after that use his new name to get a new visa,” Phuket Immigration Superintendent Sunchai Chokkajaykij said.

Mr Pierre’s visa expired on December 31, 2012 and he has been charged with overstaying.

He will handed over to Immigration officials in Bangkok, who will in turn hand him over to officials at the French Embassy to be deported, Col Sunchai explained.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...oman-19989.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-18

Interesting his fb page.

He is no good at spelling but funny.

He writes down:

" Moi je me la fais belle, palmiers et cocotiers" which means: "I have a good life, palm trees and coconuts" but it's like he is playing with words since

"Moi je me fais la belle" would mean: "I do a bunk".

Anyway not smart to put on fb your work address if you're on the run, not smart to go to embassy to change your passport !

Interesting his fb page.

He writes down:

" Moi je me la fais belle, palmiers et cocotiers" which means: "I have a good life, palm trees and coconuts" but it's like he is playing with words since

Anyway not smart to put on fb your work address if you're on the run, not smart to go to embassy to change your passport !

You must have experience...hehe

Either Christopher Pierre Verdino is a complete tool or he didn't know that French authorities were looking for him. Contacting the French Embassy to change his name is the same as waving the white flag and saying here I am come and get me.

Another two down, so how many fugitives does that leave in Thailand?

Edited by chooka

Interesting his fb page.

He writes down:

Also, Not smart to rape a disabled person. We even could wonder who is the disabled one.

Well, I'm French with a 100% French name and it could be easy to tell that "yes indeed, Christopher is an English name, not French at all +Verdino is Italian, etc." but it would be not fair. This guy is obviously legally French, that's it. If we follow this path, Zinedine Zidane is not a fully French name. Well WAS NOT a French name. I guess that, like in the UK, Mohammed is the MORE COMMON French name.

Edited by geovalin

EDIT:

Next tot that:

Ethnic groups:

I know of a French national with a name of Christopher. He is as much French as you can get

Another stupid farang who not be able to coming back Thailand. What the length of the access territory ban ? Lifetime (persona non grata) ?

Overstay and rape in France can make him say goodbye definitively to Muang Thai ! Thailand don't need <deleted> as him !

He's on Facebook as well...

http://www.facebook....stopher.verdino

very smart advertise in Facebook with open page to everyone where work and hide out when wanted by Police ))) Got 10 points for stupidness..

you have to ask the question though...if the TV detectives can find out his details so easily via Facebook....why couldn't the French cops? A long time ago?

EDIT: I haven't checked his FB page (and I can't be bothered to either)....when did he join FB?

Edited by Mudcrab