Thailand Declares War On Piracy, Intellectual Property Violation: Nattawut

webfact

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inter electoral,vote for us we have no policies but will bribe you more of you own money than those (pick a colour) rascals in the other lot (who we may join,if the price is right).

We are not two faced we have many more than thatcheesy.gif

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 1

I remember when I was buying my first computers in the 80's in the US. My dealer was openly including Microsoft and other software in the deal. As he said; "Software inclusion is the only thing that allows us to be profitable". Part of the problem is the owners of intellectual property. They want to get western market type profits from 3rd world type markets. This forces vendors and consumers to become "creative". Then since fakes/copies are so readily available, those that might normally pay full price for the real thing, decide to go down the counterfeit path. It is just too easy and it saves too much money. Everyone has a price that will make them do something illegal.

• Like 1

Is it my imagination, or have I seen the same story about piracy crack downs year after year after year........

Smash up a bit of stuff, and hope those western countries stop whining. Then this story quietly fades away...

Sound like news printed for foreign media - show them Thailand is 'doing' something. back in LoS it's business as usual with more vendors of fake goods brushing it off..

Crackdown is just another saying for 'enforcing the law'. Seems like the main function of laws on this country is to facilitate corruption....and have nothing to do with law and order.

Good show, but just the tip of a very big iceberg. Has anyone tried to buy a genuine version of Windows 7 lately? Impossible.

It's not impossible to get a legit copy of windows, it's easy. You just go to a proper IT store and purchase one. It's widely available.

In your face Lady Gaga!

She must feel so stupid now with this show of defiance.

I look forward to seeing no more pirated goods on the streets or in the malls.

I think Thailand has it right - one step forward, two steps back. That's the key to progress.

Not sure how to interpret you post. It makes no sense.

And the creator of sarcasm - rests peacefully in his grave.

Indeed wai2.gif

Linking IP theft in Thailand to a few streetside stalls on Sukhumvit road / Silom is crazy. This has pretty much nothing to do with it.

They're talking about factories producing counterfeit goods on an industrial scale. Think of large factories employing hundreds of people.

Do people really think a country gets put on a 'watch list' by the USA due to some street markets selling fake DVD's, watches and handbags ?

• Like 1

The centre will also monitor money trails, tax payment records and money laundering activities of piracy suspects

Tax payment records......of piracy suspects.......honest pirates paying taxes?....seems even the pirates are counterfeit!

• Like 1

Good show, but just the tip of a very big iceberg. Has anyone tried to buy a genuine version of Windows 7 lately? Impossible.

No problem - just go to IT-City - they sell them. Besides, most software is distributed over the net these days. Hard copies are on the way out. Even Microsoft is starting to understand that and have their own online shop now.

I checked before with the sellers, and one of them cracked me up, as he said:"I not sell fake copy, I only sell ORIGINAL copy"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

haha yeah they always say that at first, then when you question them more and more they give up and admit it's counterfit.

Is it my imagination, or have I seen the same story about piracy crack downs year after year after year........

Smash up a bit of stuff, and hope those western countries stop whining. Then this story quietly fades away...

Nattawut has a reminder programmed into his outlook, which is the same computer that his predecessor used (same login name even, just change the senders name on the email!), which reminds him at respective times of the year which crack down it will be, and when. Do you not know how to use computer, Farang?

I even programmed my outlook to automatically send the reminder of our annual crack down to The Nation and Bangkok Post automatically via email, so that I do not have to be at work and I can still do my job!

Now, just as important(ly)!

"BANGKOK, Jan 18 – Thailand will set up a special centre to crack down on intellectual property infringement with tough government action against violators, according to Deputy Commerce Minister Nattawut Saikua."

You will find this "Centre" beside the VAT refund at Suvarnabhumi, which consequently 90% of tourists can not use, because although they buy many items, they are below the threshold of total price per item to claim anything! The piracy center works opposite, Farang! If you spend more than 3000 baht on pirated goods, we will turn the other way because you are helping the Thai people, we won't bust you with (y)our crack down!

Edited by TheGhostWithin
  • Like 1

This action just means that counterfeiters and vendors will have to pay the police a bit more in the future and maybe be a tiny bit more discrete.

My little friend that sells fake Rolexes next to the Nana police box says they charge her a premium for selling this stuff.

That certainly ought to make some space on Sukkhumvit and Silom. be nice to see the fake videos, drugs and stupid sex toys off the sidewalks. nothing spells low class better

Maybe you just ought to move to a better neighborhood or staying in a nicer hotel.Oh yeah blah blah I really hate all that sex and tourist stuffWhere you stayin'?Nana Plaza...<deleted>?Well, its a step up from Pat Pong