Ao Sane Beach.

hansgruber

Dont you get it? The German guy is a friend of Stevenl's, he is using the Thais to help him have the monopoly of diving on that beach. If it was a different beach and a different dive company Stevenl would be on our side. So stevenl, what do you think of the Thai guy charging 200baht for divers on Ya Nui beach? I know it is a bit off topic but its in the same bay as Ao Sane

Please refrain from writing nonsense about me.

Its not nonesence you said he was a German friend of yours, Dont duck the other question: So what are your thoughts on Ya Nui beach?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont you get it? The German guy is a friend of Stevenl's, he is using the Thais to help him have the monopoly of diving on that beach. If it was a different beach and a different dive company Stevenl would be on our side. So stevenl, what do you think of the Thai guy charging 200baht for divers on Ya Nui beach? I know it is a bit off topic but its in the same bay as Ao Sane

Please refrain from writing nonsense about me.

Its not nonesence you said he was a German friend of yours, Dont duck the other question: So what are your thoughts on Ya Nui beach?

That is not what I said. As offered many times already, go diving there and find out what happens before making any judgments.

As somebody else here said, the people in this thread bashing the people running Ao Sane are only showing their ignorance.

I was there in late December doing a solo dive, its a nice dive I saw a cuttle fish and an anenome crab plus a few barracudas. The sign was there then and I was annoyed by it. I hired a deck chair and the TGF ordered a beer.

I thought to myself then that if I had been with a buddy some idiot would have come up to me demanding 400 baht

post-171208-0-12604100-1358922114_thumb.

post-171208-0-06622100-1358922126_thumb.

The last time I was there (years ago) the car park was just a small strip of gravel to the side of the road at the top of a very steep slope to the beach.

Is this bit of gravel the "car park" that they are talking about, or is there something more down that steep gradient?

Do keep up! LOL! They built a rather steep partially cemented road down to where the sign is located. Everyone can see it. There's another sign now talking about a 1,000 Baht fine for parking on the curve right before this sign. We rode over there yesterday about 5 PM. It was totally packed with minibuses, a fat idiot very white woman in a "bikini" standing in the middle of the road, cars jockeying for parking spaces, and it smelled like some rather large animal died by the roadside... Another small bit of paradise ruined...

As I said, I haven't been there for years. It was only a dirt track then and I didn't go down it in my 2WD pick-up in case I couldn't get back up again.

I was there in late December doing a solo dive, its a nice dive I saw a cuttle fish and an anenome crab plus a few barracudas. The sign was there then and I was annoyed by it. I hired a deck chair and the TGF ordered a beer.

I thought to myself then that if I had been with a buddy some idiot would have come up to me demanding 400 baht

So you already know they're not charging for diving.

for people diving by themselves when the TGF hires a deck chair and orders a beer. Now had I gone down there with a couple of buddies, as I stated there would have been the hand out. Now are you still ducking that question about Ya Nui?

for people diving by themselves when the TGF hires a deck chair and orders a beer. Now had I gone down there with a couple of buddies, as I stated there would have been the hand out. Now are you still ducking that question about Ya Nui?

Dive at Ya Nui from a boat, so without using any of their facilities, and you won't be charged. Use their facilities and you will be charged. Judging from the sign it looks like Ao Sane is doing the same, 'if you use our facilities we will charge you'. Anything wrong with 'use my facilities and we charge you'?

Edited by stevenl

Dive at Ya Nui from a boat, so without using any of their facilities, and you won't be charged. Use their facilities and you will be charged. Judging from the sign it looks like Ao Sane is doing the same, 'if you use our facilities we will charge you'. Anything wrong with 'use my facilities and we charge you'?

When these so called facilities are in actual fact a public beach then there is something wrong with it. I do own a boat and I have dived there from my boat. But Im thinking of others here, not just a selfish few

When these so called facilities are in actual fact a public beach then there is something wrong with it. I do own a boat and I have dived there from my boat. But Im thinking of others here, not just a selfish few

But are they charging for use of the beach or of their facilities? You don't know, based on the sign it looks like facilities but you keep on moaning even though you don't even know for sure what they're charging for.

Check out what they're charging for and come back when you know, and if your complaint is justified I'll support you, even though that won't help you at all but it may make you feel better.

Edited by stevenl

But are they charging for use of the beach or of their facilities? You don't know, based on the sign it looks like facilities but you keep on moaning even though you don't even know for sure what they're charging for.

Check out what they're charging for and come back when you know, and if your complaint is justified I'll support you, even though that won't help you at all but it may make you feel better.

Not moaning. But even if its for use of the facilities (which I dont believe is true), in the future the opening is there for the landowners to charge for beach usage

In the future they could charge for air and water. In the future the sky might be pink. In the present I went and tested my comprehension of the sign. Took three Leo's in a bag, drank, swam and sat on the beach at Ao Sane for an hour. Got a pleasant wave from the staff on arrival and departure. No muss, no fuss, no purchase from them...

What facilities of theirs do you use if you go to the Ao Sane beach for your wedding?

What's stopping a charge like this being demanded on other beaches?

Edited by NamKangMan

In the future they could charge for air and water. In the future the sky might be pink. In the present I went and tested my comprehension of the sign. Took three Leo's in a bag, drank, swam and sat on the beach at Ao Sane for an hour. Got a pleasant wave from the staff on arrival and departure. No muss, no fuss, no purchase from them...

Did your ride/drive/walk down? Did you park a vehicle in the car park?

What facilities of theirs do you use if you go to the Ao Sane beach for your wedding?

<snip>

I would say that is part of the issue. A mini bus full of people comes and parks there, has their photographers and don't use the restaurant or bungalows. As I said when I we drove by earlier this week the place was packed, with idiots standing in the roadway mini buses and cars jockeying for parking... How can they conduct their business if others are using all the parking for theirs?

<snip>

I would say that is part of the issue. A mini bus full of people comes and parks there, has their photographers and don't use the restaurant or bungalows. As I said when I we drove by earlier this week the place was packed, with idiots standing in the roadway mini buses and cars jockeying for parking... How can they conduct their business if others are using all the parking for theirs?

As mentioned in a previous post, if they own/lease the land for the car park, I have no problem at all if they charge for parking. However, if a minibus drops off 10 people for a wedding and drives off, with instructions to return in 2 hours time, how can they charge 3000 baht for people standing on the sand?

<snip>

As mentioned in a previous post, if they own/lease the land for the car park, I have no problem at all if they charge for parking. However, if a minibus drops off 10 people for a wedding and drives off, with instructions to return in 2 hours time, how can they charge 3000 baht for people standing on the sand?

When have you ever seen a mini bus driver for a wedding party drive off? I guess you don't get to the beach too often?

<snip>

When have you ever seen a mini bus driver for a wedding party drive off? I guess you don't get to the beach too often?

I don't swim at this particular beach, but I go to the beach quite often. If they were going to charge 3000 baht, why wouldn't you tell the driver, "Just come back in a couple of hours" or, "I'll ring you when we are ready to go."

If this was the case, what are you paying the 3000 baht for? What "facilities" of their have you used? If they still demanded the money, they would be just trying to take the piss.

NKM why are you on about something which has no relevance to the topic. People, weddings or not, on the beach is not the issue, conducting business is. Straw Man - to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position

• Like 1

NKM why are you on about something which has no relevance to the topic. People, weddings or not, on the beach is not the issue, conducting business is. Straw Man - to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position

So because they painted a sign on some old bits of driftwood and put a list of prices for conducting business there then it becomes law? So are they offering receipts so people can claim VAT at the airport?

Ahhh, what "business" am I conducting????

I'm going to the beach with a few friends and a couple of bottles of champagne. There will be some official words said and then some congratulations and smiles and laughter. All over in a couple of hours and then everyone out to dinner.

Why are they charging 3000 baht for this and under what law can they do so? I've only asked the question about 4 times in this thread and no one has answered, mind you, everyone had something to say about "the beach is public land" when the Syndictive Group wanted their New Years Eve Party.

It's rumoured that a young British man drowned at Ao Sane beach a couple of days ago, can anyone confirm ?

Let's not wander too far off the original topic - thank you.

//edit - reported here Scottish Tourist Drowns

A man dies at Ao Sane Beach & I query it in a topic with the title Ao Sane Beach.

Then I'm politely reminded not to wander off topic.

(I sigh & shake my head but don't ask for any reason )

It's rumoured that a young British man drowned at Ao Sane beach a couple of days ago, can anyone confirm ?

A man dies at Ao Sane Beach & I query it in a topic with the title Ao Sane Beach.

There is a thread specifically related to the topic you are inquiring about. It is a drowning.

http://www.thaivisa....t-phuket-beach/

Your inquiry/comments will be on topic in that thread.

This thread is about some fees and charges that locals have imposed for the use of the beach/road/car park/sun/moon/breathing air. :) :) :) :)

Edited by NamKangMan

There is a thread specifically related to the topic you are inquiring about. It is a drowning.

http://www.thaivisa....t-phuket-beach/

Your inquiry/comments will be on topic in that thread.

This thread is about some fees and charges that locals have imposed for the use of the beach/road/car park/sun/moon/breathing air. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Thank You Khun NamKangMan for your precise explanation, you have been very kind & gentle with me.

Thank You wai.gif