Ao Sane Beach.

hansgruber

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not even a locally owned dive shop there, its owned by Dutch I think.

The resort I think is owned by Thais, Im not sure what rights they have to charge people to dive there with their own tanks, thats <deleted>. As for a wedding, how do they justify charging 3000 baht? A sand tax?

Its like that Nui Beach on the road to Kata look out, they tried to charge me after I drove down on my road/trail bike, I told them I wasnt going to pay as I didnt use their car. They seemed happy enough when I bought a beer in their little bar there. It seems that any person that puts up a bamboo hut on the beach then owns it. I should go out to Koh Bon and establish my own little bamboo massage/dive shop/suit shop/restaurant out there so when it becomes popular I can charge people just because I feel like it.

• Like 1

The resort I think is owned by Thais, Im not sure what rights they have to charge people to dive there with their own tanks, thats <deleted>. As for a wedding, how do they justify charging 3000 baht? A sand tax?

Its like that Nui Beach on the road to Kata look out, they tried to charge me after I drove down on my road/trail bike, I told them I wasnt going to pay as I didnt use their car. They seemed happy enough when I bought a beer in their little bar there. It seems that any person that puts up a bamboo hut on the beach then owns it. I should go out to Koh Bon and establish my own little bamboo massage/dive shop/suit shop/restaurant out there so when it becomes popular I can charge people just because I feel like it.

Sounds to me they're charging for parking there, or maybe even crossing the parking lot. If I'm not mistaken parking and restaurant are on private land so yes, they can charge for the use of that. They obviously can't charge for use of public land, whether or not they are is not clear from this, at least not to me.

And no, not Dutch but German owned.

Sounds to me they're charging for parking there, or maybe even crossing the parking lot. If I'm not mistaken parking and restaurant are on private land so yes, they can charge for the use of that. They obviously can't charge for use of public land, whether or not they are is not clear from this, at least not to me.

Dutch and German are so similar it barely matters. Im curious as to how the dive shop can charge to dive there? There is parking up the top too, so you could park there and walk down with your dive gear. Im sure they didnt build that and the road that goes in there.
  • Like 1

Dutch and German are so similar it barely matters. Im curious as to how the dive shop can charge to dive there? There is parking up the top too, so you could park there and walk down with your dive gear. Im sure they didnt build that and the road that goes in there.

It only doesn't matter to people who don't know the differences or are trying to provoke.

Try it and park on the road and walk down, so how they react. They can't charge, but I would not surprised if they'd still try to charge. I'm also curious who would be charging, the diveshop or the people running the bungalows/restaurant, they seem to have put on the signs board. So please let us know your findings. I'll even lend you the divegear foc so you can find out.

I noticed the sign a few weeks ago. I parked there and sat on the rocks for a while yesterday, no one tried to charge me. Maybe other dive outfits were driving pick up truck loads of divers there? As for the wedding party, who knows. It does say on the sign if you are parking there for business purposes. Not to just use the beach. They started putting lounge chairs on the beach there a couple of years ago. So, it's not nice as it was, just like most of the rest of Phuket... I wish they would ban all the beach lounges on the island. It's public land!

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

I like Ao Sane and it looks like if you buy a drink or a snack then there shouldn't be parking hassles. What's the situation past the car park when you get over to Krating Daeng Resort?

That is the case.

I bought a few shakes and they were fine but if you park and just use the beach without purchase its 200 baht.

I was so tempted to ask how they will remove the cars if their law isn't obeyed.

Edited by hansgruber

Mmmm. Took my son snorkeling to Jungle beach about 10 days ago.

Nobody tried to charge me anything except for the coconut I drank.

Where is this?

Baan Krating is (or was) officially called Baan Krating Jungle Beach.

Nui beach only charges money due to the owner built the road 2 years ago. And just started charging last hi season. I use my SUP to get to that beach and they never ask of 1 baht. That's 1 way around a thai charge.

Nui beach and Ya Nui beach are two different areas...

Why do you keep posting stuff you know nothing about ?

Why do you keep posting stuff you know nothing about ?

Have any info that can contradict his stuff?

The family that run Ao Sane restaurant and bungalows are a very nice a fair bunch. I totally understand them charging other businesses for use of their land. They are very clear in their signage that they are charging people using their land for business purposes.

• Like 1

The family that run Ao Sane restaurant and bungalows are a very nice a fair bunch. I totally understand them charging other businesses for use of their land. They are very clear in their signage that they are charging people using their land for business purposes.

Yeah I am sure they are lovely, but I am just curious where does their land start and finish? And where does the German dive shop fit in? Im pretty sure their restaurant and dive shop is a typical example of land encroachment, its on the sand!!!!! They do not own the beach, they did not build the road from Nai Harn to that spot. Where do they get off saying you have to pay a fee to have a wedding on the beach, that is just a sick money grab. They are worse than tuk tuk drivers in my opinion

Yeah I am sure they are lovely, but I am just curious where does their land start and finish? And where does the German dive shop fit in? Im pretty sure their restaurant and dive shop is a typical example of land encroachment, its on the sand!!!!! They do not own the beach, they did not build the road from Nai Harn to that spot. Where do they get off saying you have to pay a fee to have a wedding on the beach, that is just a sick money grab. They are worse than tuk tuk drivers in my opinion

Maybe the OP was hard for you to read as the photo attached was sideways?

post-44146-0-23212900-1358587214_thumb.p

As stated earlier in the thread, this sign is obviously written by a westerner. No Thai from that family could have come up with that.

Is the dive shop guy charging?

They could have easily talked with the dive shop guy and came up with the wording between them. I don't see why the dive shop guy would care about weddings, nor can I see how the restaurant cares about divers. Although the one thing in common is weddings usually come in mini buses and divers around here usually come in Songtaws. So the point I think they are trying to make is; if you want to conduct your business while parked in their rather small parking area at the bottom of the road, pay or go park somewhere else.

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

So the point I think they are trying to make is; if you want to conduct your business while parked in their rather small parking area at the bottom of the road, pay or go park somewhere else.

No, that would be too sensible and fair for TV members. What do they have to complain about then?

• Like 1