2013 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

Any good sunday roasts reccomends on Samui , yorkshire puddings , roast potatoes , and so on, in Chaweng or Buphut area.

Also where has the Irish Times bar moved to, they used to be next to bandon hospital.

Thanks

Irish times is now in the retail units of the apartment block next to tesco ( can't remember the name )

Beach republic doing a very good Sunday brunch which includes the full sunday roast

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any good sunday roasts reccomends on Samui , yorkshire puddings , roast potatoes , and so on, in Chaweng or Buphut area.

Also where has the Irish Times bar moved to, they used to be next to bandon hospital.

Thanks

Irish times is now in the retail units of the apartment block next to tesco ( can't remember the name )

Beach republic doing a very good Sunday brunch which includes the full sunday roast

Thanks for that boater, i'll pop along there and have a look.

Boyce

Other places are

BBC Government Pier, Bangrak

Shakespear Pub Ghost Road, Bangrak

Angelas Bakery once a month - Ring Road, Maenam

I have heard that Pureshores also does this - but I have not tried them. I cannot confirm this one. Soi Tongson, Plai Laem near the temple.

• 2 weeks later...

Fairly new restaurant with a great view thumbsup.gif .... Dead Opposite the Lomprayah Ferry turning on the ring road....(Temple Gate their) Maenam toward Ban Tai.

The Thai food is pretty reasonable and good too! Open from 10 am to 8 pm .... Name is in Thai only.

IMG_0606.JPG

The view, over looking a marshland area, lots of fish below the deck. Worth a try! thumbsup.gif

IMG_0594.JPG

• Like 1

The restaurant Jimmy mentioned is worth a try. Here is a pic of the entrance and ambiance.

post-70928-0-82141100-1367106358_thumb.jpost-70928-0-31544800-1367106980_thumb.jpost-70928-0-87842300-1367107015_thumb.j

Here some of their dishes.

post-70928-0-89511200-1367106565_thumb.jpost-70928-0-10634400-1367106572_thumb.jpost-70928-0-60127100-1367106577_thumb.j

They make Thai food, fresh and how it's suppposed to be(according to me)

post-70928-0-34034600-1367106959_thumb.jpost-70928-0-19732900-1367106965_thumb.jpost-70928-0-84581100-1367107096_thumb.j

This will be the first place i'll go eat when i am back on Samui.

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

I hope it's ok to squeeze in a question.

Sitting here in Denmark and planning our next trip to Samui this July and came across a picture by somaSamui,

and wonder if they closed down some of the small cozy thairestaurants at Chaweng food center on lake road.

We have been to Mitra and Stonefish which were great, and this year wanted to try some of the others located there, since they

all looked very nice, but it looks like there has been some construction work in that area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kohsamui/8390975165/in/photostream

Anyone know if Mitra, Stonefish and some of the other restaurants near those two are still there, or has been closed down and if so, what are they building in that area?

Thanks in advance and can't wait to get back.... :)

Any Mexican recommendations?

Hmmm not a lot to choose from

The best one that I have found is the one in Fisherman's Village (Bophut). I cannot remember the name, but down towards Larry's Shack and the Happy Elephant (on the one way bit.). On the land side of the road. Very small - easy to miss. Closed for a while but now open again. The others in Bangrak and Chewang - ok but not great. PM sent.

Cafe 69 On the ring road Bophut just past PTT & Bon Cafe on the left heading to Maenam. Unusual Decor & nice food. Thai menu with a twist.

I enjoyed it, also having my Mango juice out of a jug & coke out of a jar.biggrin.png

Good service.

Big Joe's near the crossroads at Big Buddha beach. Sausage rolls and pork pies! It's not a restaurant though, just take away. They do other western foods as well.

Burning question though, where on this damn island is the MARMITE!!!

Think my last jar came from Tops supermarket in Chaweng

I've looked but to no avail. And to rub salt into the wounds, Tops are selling Jacobs Cream Crackers. Last time i was here they had marmite but no JCC.

JCC and Marmite are a favourite of mine and no, my taste buds haven't grown up. :-)

• Like 1

Think my last jar came from Tops supermarket in Chaweng

I've looked but to no avail. And to rub salt into the wounds, Tops are selling Jacobs Cream Crackers. Last time i was here they had marmite but no JCC.

JCC and Marmite are a favourite of mine and no, my taste buds haven't grown up. :-)

Tesco (Chawang for sure) generally has Marmite... thumbsup.gif .... trouble is they tend to dot some of the western food in various locations around the store now, ... the "western food ilse" seems to have gotten a lot smaller lately ...

The HaiTai crackers they sell, certainly brought back memories of the taste of JCC and are not bad IMO!!! wink.png

Samuijimmy, I've hunted high and low in Tesco, but I will keep trying. If not its a case of an SOS to mum.

I did see it a few weeks ago, the almost useless small jars at Tesco (Chawang) remember thinking to myself, I've got enough for a while... I am pretty sure it was in the "western food" aisle near the liquor sales area... but perhaps there has been a run on it ... could take them months to restock...w00t.gif . Perhaps people are hoarding it wink.pngwhistling.gif ~

They have been better on McVities (although not the dark choc kind sad.png ) and had the Tesco dark chocolate stocked more frequently... thumbsup.gif

Perhaps might be worth a try in Tesco Lamai... ?

Today will be an official Marmite hunt on Samui. I will post my findings later.

Am I correct in thinking there are 3 Tescos on Samui - all on the ring road, Lamai, Chaweng and Nathon?

Am I correct in thinking there are 3 Tescos on Samui - all on the ring road, Lamai, Chaweng and Nathon?

Yerp thumbsup.gif

Give Sanpet in Nathon a try as well

Edited by Neilly

Well my mission was fruitless or should that be yeastless. Today I went to Tescos in Lamai and Nathon. I also went to Coco in Buddy's. The previous couple of days I've been to Tesco Chaweng and the 2 Tescos in Bangrak and Tops in Chaweng. :-(

Well my mission was fruitless or should that be yeastless. Today I went to Tescos in Lamai and Nathon. I also went to Coco in Buddy's. The previous couple of days I've been to Tesco Chaweng and the 2 Tescos in Bangrak and Tops in Chaweng. :-(

Sounds like a challenge then...what's first prize? tongue.png

Today will be an official Marmite hunt on Samui. I will post my findings later.

Tesco Express in Bangrak.

Did you read Samui Coconut's post?

I don't want to go off topic, but you can always be game & try vegemite.whistling.gif

w00t.gifbah.gifsick.gif ........ ....... ... imitations will not do.... biggrin.pngofftopic.giftongue.png.....

There are three members I know of, heading to UK soon, perhaps they can bring back a bunch and stock up our cupboards ,..... whistling.gif

• Like 2