2013 Bungalows, Houses & Apartments For Short & Long Term Rental

Hello,

Budget 20k or less would be nice.

Area - preferably Bang Rak, Bophut, Maenam areas.

Really want a pool, communal is perfect.

Need Internet.

Condo or house, not important.

Only need 1 bedroom, but more is OK.

Rent from 1st May for a minimum of a few months.

I am currently on Samui until the end of the month.

Cheers

Mjj

Ignore, I've found a place.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is "long term"?

Sorry Paul - I just noticed that I had not responded.

The family (currently one child I believe) are looking for one year with a possible one year extension. They already live on Koh Samui (and have done for a while).

Looking for a neat, quiet and safe accommodation for long term rental (at least 6 months).

With living room, one bedroom, kitchen, windows with mosquito net, and ideally car parking space.

Preferably around Lamai, Huathanon, possibly Talingnam, or any other friendly place wai.gif

Looking for a neat, quiet and safe accommodation for long term rental (at least 6 months).

With living room, one bedroom, kitchen, windows with mosquito net, and ideally car parking space.

Preferably around Lamai, Huathanon, possibly Talingnam, or any other friendly place wai.gif

Available, ideally for approx between mid may until the end of june.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Planning to spend 3-6 month in Koh Samui. Family 2 adults and 2 kids (3&1 yo). Looking for a good (!) place to stay starting sometime mid June this 2013 year:

-min 2 bedrooms (better 3)

-proximity of beaches (ideally)

-private pool (ideally)

-overall high standard

-safe place with security (ideally)

-etc.

Please advise what would be the best way to avoid commissions of agents? I see many villas and houses available for rent but almost all of them are agencies. Is there any way to get hold of owners and negotiate the price? Or what would be the best strategy to look for long-term nice houses or villas?

Many thanks in advance for your replies

royser12345

The main factor here will be your budget and desired location on the island.

Assuming that you cannot use 'beach bungalows', cheaper areas tend to be Lamai and Maenam. (With two rugrats you need to think about shops as well.)

More expensive (but also more secluded areas) will be Choengmon, Bangrak and Plai Laem.

I will send you a pm about some places that I know of.

The main factor here will be your budget and desired location on the island.

Assuming that you cannot use 'beach bungalows', cheaper areas tend to be Lamai and Maenam. (With two rugrats you need to think about shops as well.)

More expensive (but also more secluded areas) will be Choengmon, Bangrak and Plai Laem.

I will send you a pm about some places that I know of.

Tropicalevo, many thanks for your help and links! I will give it a very serious consideration.

Any other opinions? Budget is not more than 70k THB per month, but ready to pay slightly more for smth worth of paying. Looking forward to hear from people who live in Samui! Thank you

sjohnson1234)

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 9 posts

Posted 55 minutes ago

Hi Folks

I like Lamai beach - top end by Amity. However, I am open to suggestions for renting elsewhere.

I would like to rent a house for 1-2 years.

A couple of requirements:

Quiet

Walking distance to a nice beach

2 bedrooms

Doesnt need to be furnished as I have a house elsewhere and will bring my stuff down.

As for price, I'm not sure. I basically have 50k a month to live............me, wife and nipper attending Thai school.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend is after a 2/3 bed detached house with pool for the whole month of jan 2014, fully furnished with nice kitchen.... It must be in a quiet spot (he reads all day) near the beach (walking distance) anywhere between the beaches of Laem set to Talingngam. Up to 100k for the month possibly more for the right house. pm me for more details.

Thanks

Edited by BusyBee123

I'm looking for long-term rental. I have been in my current place for over 4 years but noisy/bad neighbours warrant a move.

I'm looking for:

3 or 4 Bedroom Villa

Walled Garden
Private Pool

South East side of the island (Lamai/Hua-Thanon/Namuang/Laem Set)

Up to 40,000 Baht/Month.

Please PM Me.

I'm in search of a place on Koh Phangan (NW) for the month of June.

I'm looking for somewhere cheap with wifi... other then those two things, I'm open to whatever.

I'm also interested in renting a motorbike if anyone has a recomendation for that.

Thanks!

** Updated **

I'm looking for long-term rental. I have been in my current place for over 4 years but noisy/bad neighbours warrant a move.

I'm looking for:

3 or 4 Bedroom Villa

Walled Garden
Private Pool

** Due to new work commitments I am also looking at the South East, South West and North West areas of the island.**

Up to 40,000 Baht/Month.

Please PM Me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

im looking for a 1 bedroom place in tong sala from november 18th for 2 months minimum.

Just need wifi, air con, fridge, cable tv (preferably but not essential) and anything else is a bonus really,,I would love close to the beach or pool but as i say that is a bonus and me just hoping.......biggrin.png

My budget is between 7000 and 13000bhat.

please private message me or resond to this if you think you can help..

cheers,,,,

I guess it's OK to post a very short term rental request:

• Dates: Sept 11-Sept 16th 2013
  • House or Condo
  • 2-3 Bedrooms (3 definitely preferred)
  • 2+ Bathrooms
  • Ocean View (an absolute must)
  • Parking
  • Wifi
  • Air Conditioning
  • Satellite TV
  • Modern Kitchen
  • Quiet Neighborhood

Please send me a PM with the price if you have a property that fits the above description.

BTW, I live in NST and am coming out to Samui at the end of this week on business, so I'd probably have time to see the property if you're available.

Thanks.

UCS

Edited by up-country_sinclair

Hello- looking for a one bedroom place from nov 19 until jan 19 two months. Flexible with dates. Price range 15,000-40,000 per month depending on quality, etc.

I will be in samui from nov 4 so I can come by and see the places then.

Prefer the area of lamai towards silver beach area but possibly closer to chawang for the right place.

Need to have parking for a car and wifi. Prefer condo style rather than bungalows.

If you can provide a child bed (infant) and bicycle for rent that would be a big plus.

Feel free to send me a PM with suggestions. Agent or owner is ok. Thank you.

Beautiful Four bedroom villa in the north of the island not far from the Big Buddha (Plai Laem).

Four bedrooms with four bathrooms, large kitchen and living room, UBC and cable TV, WiFi, 50mtrs off of private beach, maid service, sala with built-in BBQ, large swimming pool.

PM me for more details

Ixora02_zpsd32ea819.jpg

Ixora01_zpsd1845398.jpg

Ixora03_zps412f6232.jpg

Ixora06_zps472acf47.jpg

Hi,

I am looking for a 2-bedroom villa for the period mid-March to end of May 2014 (some flexibility on dates). I will be staying there with my wife and daughter (who will turn three in April 2014)

Details of what we are looking for:

1) walking distance to beach -- the villa does not have to be on the beach, but the development should be beachfront

2) pool -- can be private or shared

3) small kitchen

4) location on a "quiet" beach, i.e. not Chaweng. Something like Maenam, Choeng Mon, Lipa Noi, ...

5) high-speed internet is a MUST -- I need this for work

6) budget around 80,000 per month

If you have something to offer, please drop me a PM.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am looking for a 2-bedroom villa for the period mid-March to end of May 2014 (some flexibility on dates). I will be staying there with my wife and daughter (who will turn three in April 2014)

1) walking distance to beach -- the villa does not have to be on the beach, but the development should be beachfront

3) small kitchen

4) location on a "quiet" beach, i.e. not Chaweng. Something like Maenam, Choeng Mon, Lipa Noi, ...

Thanks!

You asked about Ban Tropicana.... @ Ban Tai, in another section ... which was closed ..... so here goes again!

Ban Tai Beach is pleasant, never over crowded... even in high season, it has several sections, most areas just good sandy beach, some with a nice rocky section in one area .... Popular with families, as it is not what I would call a "bar beach" although there are a few bars / restaurants along the beach.

I don't know the Baan Tropicana off hand, but suspect it is one on the road leading to the beach... So perhaps a minute or two's walk.... & perhaps a kilometer off the main ring road. I will check out next time I am there, probably in next few days. wink.png

If you look at page 14 in photo section, I have a number of images posted of Ban Tai beach ..thumbsup.gif

http://www.thaivisa....and-tao/page-14

• Like 2

You will probably have to walk around on the road road in front of this villa to the nearest beach rather than cross overland, this is too far for most 2 year olds to walk but close enough for most parents to carry a two year old. Beach there is very shallow and not good for adult swimming, perfect much of the time for a toddler. If you walk down to the end of the beach road, another 5 or so minutes, there is a good place for swimming. You might want to make sure that the villa is safe for toddlers or at least plan on total vigilance while here. Most buildings and pools here make little or no allowance for such things in the design.

Hi,

3) small kitchen

Thanks!

You asked about Ban Tropicana.... @ Ban Tai, in another section ... which was closed ..... so here goes again!

Ban Tai Beach is pleasant, never over crowded... even in high season, it has several sections, most areas just good sandy beach, some with a nice rocky section in one area .... Popular with families, as it is not what I would call a "bar beach" although there are a few bars / restaurants along the beach.

I don't know the Baan Tropicana off hand, but suspect it is one on the road leading to the beach... So perhaps a minute or two's walk.... & perhaps a kilometer off the main ring road. I will check out next time I am there, probably in next few days. wink.png

If you look at page 14 in photo section, I have a number of images posted of Ban Tai beach ..thumbsup.gif

http://www.thaivisa....and-tao/page-14

I checked out the Tropicana, it looks respectable from outside... it's .2 of a km to the nearest part of Ban Tai beach, but to get to the nicer part the walk is a little longer....either along a gravel road or along the beach. Tides are low at the moment, but there are areas of that beach that are swim-able!

The resort is surrounded by "fields" for the most part, it's on a side road off a side road and about one km to the main road. Not that busy a road!

You'll need to email them to ask about internet !

Several restaurants in the area... and a 7-11 at the main road!

Baan%2520Tai%2520Tropicana%2520area%2520

Beach area closest to Tropicana... One thing about the sand on this beach is it's great for making sandcastles, what kid does not doing that! ?

other images of this beach further down is on the link above....

The not so bad gravel road that parallels the beach... there are about four resorts along the beach front.

Cement road to the main road... (1 km) . 2 km to Tropicana, from here.

One of the beaches, close to me that I always enjoy! It's popular with both the locals and tourists, and not over crowded.... thumbsup.gif

If you decide to stay there, this will cost you a beer!!! tongue.pngwink.png

• Like 2

HI everyone, I'm on the search for a 3 bdrm, nicely renovated condo/villa for rent close to beach that is dog friendly for long term rent (at least 6 months, prefer 12) from October 2013? Budget is 50k Baht/month. Prefer the north side of Samui. If you have any leads please PM me

Edited by onesecond

Greetings. I rented at Choeng Mon for a few years and am now looking for a five week rental from Aug 8 to September 15 somewhere around Choeng Mon, Bangrak (maybe Ghost Road area) or Big Buddha, Bophut area. If anyone has knowledge of place available can you please p.m. me. Budget up to 10.000 bt, small fan cooled bungalow with bedroom air if possible and hot water. Quiet area if possible. Solo traveller just need place to finish a project. I am also an experienced house-sitter with brilliant references, Police checked in Australia as a volunteer teacher for any folks who need a house-sitter for the above period. Appreciate your input. Thanks!